V
VonDerTann
Guest
I have read the “law on marriage” from the citation to Canon law.
It does not state - nor even suggest – that a marriage entered into a in non-Catholic Christian Church is a “sham” or that attending same is “celebrating sin.” It says nothing like that…
…which leads me back to my earlier post, which stated that such a position is unsupported in the eyes of the Church. It also doesn’t answer the question of whether a lady married in a Baptist Church is “unmarried” for purposes of being “pursued” by a Catholic man (because, of course, she’s not).
However, I respectfuly state that I will not alolw myslf to be dragged into a legalistc debate, since that only clouds the issue of whether not attending will cause real harm to people and their human relationships, which pretty much everyone seems to agree will ocur. Life is not a law book.
It does not state - nor even suggest – that a marriage entered into a in non-Catholic Christian Church is a “sham” or that attending same is “celebrating sin.” It says nothing like that…
…which leads me back to my earlier post, which stated that such a position is unsupported in the eyes of the Church. It also doesn’t answer the question of whether a lady married in a Baptist Church is “unmarried” for purposes of being “pursued” by a Catholic man (because, of course, she’s not).
However, I respectfuly state that I will not alolw myslf to be dragged into a legalistc debate, since that only clouds the issue of whether not attending will cause real harm to people and their human relationships, which pretty much everyone seems to agree will ocur. Life is not a law book.