I think the question we should all be asking is “WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?” Would he walk away, or would he welcome them with arms wide open, bless them in the name of the Father, remind them the right way, and celebrate with them or would he rebuke them…
Even though they are not getting married through the Catholic church, they are still getting married, and even our Catholic Church sees all marriages as “valid.” Depending on the deeper more validating facts or invalidating facts in case of an annullment… So why not celebrate, bless them with all the love GOD has made for them and remind them they are always welcomed in the church and in your homes, the way Jesus would have invited anyone whom searched for him…remember the prodigal son???
He was lost but was found, he was dead and is alive again… Right now your brother, my brother are lost, we can’t abandon them in this time, like I said, he cut all communications with me I didn’t so it wasn’t my choice to not speak with him…I still love him and bless him and if we had a good communication I would be there for him, I would even bring a Bible and read a blessing verse for them but I don’t have a good communication so I am not going to show up where I am not wanted…
That’s just my :twocents: We are not celebrating the person for not marrying through the church we are celebrating the unity of two souls becoming one through marriage…Hopefully he will come back to the church soon…I am hoping GOD will enlighten my brother and come back soon enough…Still praying for it!
GOD bless…