D
dbacks5439
Guest
(sigh). Sola, thanks for the questions. I see that you don’t want to start arguments, you really do seek the truth. I commend you. Red twisted my reasoning. He says that we are saved by Grace Alone. This is false. Sola, Catholics believe there are two forms of grace: Actual and Sanctifying. Actual grace is what God gives us every minute of our day. Sometimes we reject that grace, choosing instead to follow human desires. Other times, we respond to that grace. This grace allows us to love, care, and really show Christ to others. We perform this love by feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc. After the work is performed, that actual grace is then transformed into sanctifying grace, grace that sanctifies us, saves us. We need this grace to be saved, but not alone. Faith and good works are integral parts to this grace.
Whenever you read passages, please read the surrounding text to make sure the word “work” isn’t refering to the law. The only time works refer to good works is in James. I pray your spiritual journey has many guides to help you!
Code:
Sola, another term I see you always incorreclty defining is works. Works can mean two things in regards to the New Testament. Works of the law, and good works in grace. Good works in grace is the works that I've mentioned above. Works of the law, however, refers to Mosaic Law, where it is contractual. A Jew obeys the law, and expects a payment. Through Jesus, we obey through faith, with no expectations of payment. He established a New Covenant where the law is perfected, and now has faith along with it. We have the faith, now we must act on it. That's where actual grace comes in, and the cycle continues. We have faith, we accept actual grace, act on it, actual grace turns into sanctifying grace, and the process repeats.