L
Awesome! Iāll keep you in my prayers as you discern the religious vocation - thatās great news!!Also not dating.
Iām seriously considering the Priesthood though :newidea: (At least for the last two weeks Iāve started discerning). Iām not sure if that counts.
EDIT:
I would also like to add that I canāt find a single girl whoās looking for a devout Catholic male. As cliche as it seems, they just donāt seem to exist in real life. All of the solid Catholic girls I know seem to be dating outside the churchā¦
Too funny! I think we all feel that way at one point or another.I think some of the best relationships happen when you arenāt actively dating or seeking them out. I know that for my personal experience, I was not dating. I honestly expected to have a single life, but I will admit that I wanted more. I wanted to be a wife, I wanted to be a mom, but I was resigned to the idea that it might not be in store for me. I wasnāt even looking. I met a great man totally by chance, and the rest is history.
I love being married. I love love love being a mom and being a wife. But sometimes, when its been a particularly long and trying day, *I secretly miss having the bed to myself and sleeping on the diagonal. *![]()
Keep your heart and your mind open to the Spirit that moves us. Doing this is all that matters. The rest will fall into place as it should.
Sometimes I feel the sameI want in my head to get married, but Iām beginning to wonder if I only want it because itās the proper thing, socially speaking. Iām very happy, though, despite going through the hardest time of my life this year with family/personal issues and LOADs of growing up.![]()
CongratsI gave up dating so that I could focus more on my relationship with the Lord. Dating just seemed so artificial to me and laden with spiritual traps. After about a year, I met a man at Church who became my friend, courted briefly, became engaged and married. All within 9 months. And once weāve been married another 10 months following that, our first child will have been born.
Everything in Godās time. Which can be fast or slow!
Is it evil that this post made me break out into a little chuckle?The dating game is a recipe for male humiliation; I gave it up years ago.
ICXC NIKA
I wanted to say, I love the way you put that. With that much understanding of the responsibility of marriage, when you do find that special man, you two are going to have a wonderful union. All the best! (You are wise to stop looking as a senior in HS - in no way are you ready for that kind of search.)Marriage is a vocation, so it is going to be hard work (not that I know, right now I am in the season of seperation, trying to discern Godās will for my life as a senior in higschool). But nothing that comes easy is usually worth the effort. ** The beauty of marriage is that, from a girlās perspective, you take a manās flawed heart in your hands, and you let him see all the flaws in yours, and as a couple you work with God to guide each otherās souls to Heaven.
**
Easy task? No. Worth it? Yes!![]()
Yes it goes both ways. It seems like a lot of people just want to dabble or window shop. Thatās fine but when someone just disappears without a goodbye or farewell that causes some hurt feelings. I never took it seriously but some really do.I tried online dating for a little while, and it just feltā¦wrong. I felt more like a commodity, or product, for the gals to just peruse over than anything else. Iām sure a bunch of gals have felt the same way.
^Story of my life. :3I want marriage but Iām not going to do it via online. Iāve had enough of that. The biggest problem with online dating, is that you spend so much time conversing online that you feel they are a really great match, then you meet them and you are back at square oneā¦but you already know stuff about each other so there really isnāt much to talk about.
Frankly I really donāt understand how these āsuccessful online marriagesā came into being.