Nuns wearing MAGA masks spotted behind Trump at rally

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Nuns wearing MAGA masks spotted behind Trump at rally​

Three nuns were positioned behind the president’s podium, two of whom were holding rosaries and a third who held a bible​

A group of Trump-loving nuns grabbed attention on social media Saturday after they were spotted wearing MAGA masks with their habits and cheering the president on in Circleville, Ohio.

Three nuns were behind the president’s podium, two holding rosaries and a third holding a Bible.

During the Republican National Convention, another nun, Sister Deirdre Byrne, called the president the “most pro-life president ever.”

This has gone viral everywhere. Way To Go!

Last edited:
Oy!

I know priest are not allowed to do this. Are nuns allowed?

Do priests not have the same rights as everyone else? My understanding is that they can’t push a candidate from the pulpit but are still free to vote or support whoever they want personally.

My understanding is that they can’t push a candidate from the pulpit but are still free to vote or support whoever they want personally.
That’s my understanding too. When acting in their capacity of their duties in a tax-exempt organization (in this case the Church), one is not allowed to promote political parties or candidates. But when acting as a private citizen, the constraint is not applicable.

Is being at a MAGA rally out-of-order? How about wearing a mask with MAGA on it?

I doubt if a priest can not even have a bumper sticker endorsing a candidate on their car.

Last edited:
When acting in their capacity of their duties in a tax-exempt organization (in this case the Church), one is not allowed to promote political parties or candidates
Given the Catholic understanding of what a priest is, how does one separate these?

Some time ago, some priest where spotted in a Trump Rally. Many Bishops said that it is not allowed to use the Cleric attire to attend this rallies as a priest supporting a candidate. They can go in civilian clothes. So my question is. Does that apply to nuns?

Those nuns were wearing habits, so I doubt that they have civilian clothes.

Way to go? No. Had they had the Vatican emblem on their masks, THAT would be way to go. Or a picture of Christ. Or Ave Maria. Or… But it’s actually quite sad to see any Catholic religious shilling for Trump or Biden. What is our church coming to.

It’s no different than when the church worked with emperors or kings to further her goals. The tragedy is that so many want to separate the church from influence in temporal matters. I’m not saying the church needs temporal power, but that the temporal powers should listen to the church to act morally. If instead of tearing down Trump, Catholics of influence gathered around him and tried to steer him in the right direction it would do much more good than simply denigrating him.

I see criticisms of these Good Nuns, I wonder if folks are as critical of some laws related to the sanctity of life? Or do they help enable such laws with their votes?

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Last edited:
It’s no different than when the church worked with emperors or kings to further her goals. The tragedy is that so many want to separate the church from influence in temporal matters. I’m not saying the church needs temporal power, but that the temporal powers should listen to the church to act morally. If instead of tearing down Trump, Catholics of influence gathered around him and tried to steer him in the right direction it would do much more good than simply denigrating him.
This isn’t “gathering around him” — it’s advertising for him. Religious should be advertising for the church, not some secular leader.

I see criticisms of these Good Nuns, I wonder if folks are as critical of some laws related to the sanctity of life? Or do they help enable such laws with their votes?

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
What does that mean? You’re questioning my commitment to my faith because I think this story is sad? What’s up with that?

it’s advertising for him.
I don’t see it that way. I see people who on their own time went to a Trump rally, wearing a mask (as so many say we should) with a slogan, and someone took a picture. It’s no different than when James martin went to the democrat convention.

If they were there in a church capacity or claiming to be representing the church or saying the church supports x or y then I’d agree. But to my knowledge neither did that.

It doesn’t matter. When they were their collar or habit, people see them as church representatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back