Nuns wearing MAGA masks spotted behind Trump at rally

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite permissible to comment and say a particular issue that other people have made 40 posts about doesn’t bother you at all. People do it all the time.

Not being bothered doesn’t mean it’s not of general interest. I like to keep track of which orders support who. It contributes to my decisions about which orders I might donate to and what spirituality I might want to pursue goign forward.

It’s quite permissible to comment and say a particular issue that other people have made 40 posts about doesn’t bother you at all. People do it all the time.

Not being bothered doesn’t mean it’s not of general interest. I like to keep track of which orders support who. It contributes to my decisions about which orders I might donate to and what spirituality I might want to pursue goign forward.
Okay, it just seems strange to chastise someone else for commenting in that case. Some topics undoubtedly are more interesting to some than others. I’ve never liked being policed for sharing an opinion with charity.

So they abandon their status as religious?

I don’t think so.

Fine with me, as it will lead to more and more people abandoning conservative religion, especially among the younger generations.
If we are being loved by the world, that is a sign the Church is not doing its job.

I think we fundamentally disagree and I don’t see that changing. Perhaps we should leave it alone now.

Expressing my opinion doesn’t amount to “chastising” anyone.
I’m always mystified when people think so.
In my world, when people tell you to “take it up with their superiors” because “there’s nothing anyone here can do,” they’re telling others to pipe down. I’m mystified as to how that isn’t chastising.

Good day.

Last edited:
You should realize that one party is solidly anti-Catholic. I am not a Catholic and I know that it isn’t in your interests, as do these lovely ladies.

No one on the Internet is going to pipe down even if I intended to tell them to do so and did indeed do so.
There are threads on here where I have told obvious trolls and those with other problems, like repeatedly posting on the same topic, to please stop. I say, “Please stop” or “Let it go” or “Give it a rest”. It’s quite clear when I say it.

If somebody wants to read something I didn’t say into my posts for whatever reason, I can’t stop them, but it’s still wrong and rather silly.

Good day.

Last edited:
40.png
Tis_Bearself:
Granted, the Nuns on the Bus aren’t big on wearing habits
I wonder if there’s a correlation between religious wearing traditional attire or not and which candidate they prefer.
I think it’s important to point out that these are not nuns, they are sisters (if they were nuns they’d be cloistered and highly unlikely to be gallivanting about to rallies and such.)

Also, the Nuns on the Bus are an interesting type of Sister who call themselves Nuns for P.R. purposes…

Last edited:
Everything in life is political. Being a Catholic is political, existence is political. Religious aren’t above it, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I applaud these nuns for wearing masks. Others at Trump’s rallies might take a lesson from that and wear MAGA masks as well.

Yes, neither group are nuns.

We are using the term colloquially. I am fully aware of the difference between nuns and sisters, and between monks and brothers, etc. I am quite sure the other regular posters are also due to past threads on the subject.

“Sisters” to the average non-Catholic American no longer carries a primary meaning of a Catholic religious order.

Last edited:
I noticed on of them is wearing make up.Are they perhaps consecrated virgins .Ive never seen a nun or sister wearing makeup,except in the movies!😌

You should realize that one party is solidly anti-Catholic. I am not a Catholic and I know that it isn’t in your interests, as do these lovely ladies.
As a Catholic, I can state quite clearly that it isn’t that simple.

Nor do I. How much criticism would there be if nuns were to show up at Biden campaigns, such as they are?

For crying out loud! Let people be people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back