Nuns wearing MAGA masks spotted behind Trump at rally

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in life is political. Being a Catholic is political, existence is political. Religious aren’t above it, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Au contraire. Christ the King is above politics. We may have to involve ourselves with politics to make our communities work, but this is all peanuts compared to the kingdom of God. We should be focusing on that end and religious should help us to do that.

Never thought I would see a simple non-offensive campaign slogan lead to a new mental derangement syndrome.

It really is. Marxism/Communism/progressivism corrupts and destroys all religious sentiments within itself, to be repurposed for the state. If you think voting for a group that has an ideological foundation on abortion, contraception access, LGBTQ+ and anti-marriage stances, (Also anti-Christian sentiments from Harris), over a group that isn’t, you don’t value those things as the Church does. The fact that the individual mandate was pushed on nuns ALONE should make you pause. Also look at how ACB is attacked, just for being pro-life. You would never get that from the Left.

You cannot defer everything to after death, that is nihilism (IE: Life doesn’t matter in and of itself, it is just the means to an end. If there is an afterlife, it matters as much as life here matters, since your choices here make an eternal imprint.).

You’ve really accepted the conservative party line. I haven’t. God bless.

You cannot defer everything to after death, that is nihilism (IE: Life doesn’t matter in and of itself, it is just the means to an end. If there is an afterlife, it matters as much as life here matters, since your choices here make an eternal imprint.).
I’m not deferring everything to after death: I’m living and preparing for the afterlife. All Catholics should be doing the same.

You know you can’t answer. I wish you the best.
Pardon? I don’t mean to be offensive but you’re not even part of my faith and you’re telling me how I should vote as a Catholic. It isn’t a matter of me not being able to answer, my friend.

It’s a fact. Put a MAGA cap on and walk down the sidewalk in New York.

At the very least you will be harassed for exercising your right as a United States citizen to support your candidate of choice.

That is your interpretation. These nuns were saying that Trump is the most prolife president we have had. I think that is why they were there, and I find it wrong in any way.

Around here as I’ve said before elsewhere people are equal opportunity bigots if you catch my meaning. People on my street have had BLM signs stolen or defaced and people have had Trump signs stolen or defaced. Both are completely wrong. I don’t agree with either. It’s a really sad sign of where we are as a nation. We need Christ now more than ever.

I was born and raised a Catholic, visited multiple seminaries, multiple priests in my family. I’m very aware about the Catholic faith and how people think in it. I get you value some things like the environment or immigration (I value environment, for example, but if liberals cared about this type of thing they would put far more pressure on China or India, as it is a cultural/racial issue.), but they are not as significant or important in the Catholic faith as the right to life, the destruction of the family, transitioning 7yo boys into girls, cutting off genitalia and expecting everyone to acknowledge it as good, etc.

Edit: We will disagree but I just want to highlight to onlookers that ‘progressive’ ideologies and Catholicism are completely, totally, enemies and you cannot serve two masters.

Last edited:
I was born and raised a Catholic, visited multiple seminaries, multiple priests in my family. I’m very aware about the Catholic faith and how people think in it. I get you value some things like the environment or immigration (I value environment, for example, but if liberals cared about this type of thing they would put far more pressure on China or India, as it is a cultural/racial issue.), but they are not as significant or important in the Catholic faith as the right to life, the destruction of the family, transitioning 7yo boys into girls, cutting off genitalia and expecting everyone to acknowledge it as good, etc.

Edit: We will disagree but I just want to highlight to onlookers that ‘progressive’ ideologies and Catholicism are completely, totally, enemies and you cannot serve two masters.
This is really strange. I never said I value the “environment or immigration.” I never said who I’m voting for. You’re reading a lot into my posts. All I said was the voting is not a simplistic issue. And the church says that as well.

Maye @CrownOfStars should be speaking with you instead of me. 🙂

I doubt if a priest can not even have a bumper sticker endorsing a candidate on their car.

I watched Fr. Frank Pavone at a Trump rally in Jacksonville Florida this past September. 👍 He cohosted the televised rally with a woman.

You may think that.

Apparently, numerous clergy think we should support the right to life. That’s all I do, support what should be closest to Catholic teaching

There’s been questions raised as to whether Fr Pavone is in good standing with his diocese. There’s been no definitive answer either way yet afaik.

Fr Pavone quit his previous diocese because he wanted to start an order of priests to focus specifically on the cause of anti-abortion/ pro life. He moved to a new diocese in hopes of starting it, but that didn’t happen as of yet. The diocese has stayed mum on his status, however, earlier this year he had some kind of a position with the Trump campaign that he ended up resigning.

He is known for pushing the envelope a bit and being a very strong Trump supporter because Trump and the Republicans are pro-life. He also speaks frequently at rallies involving pro-life. I’ve seen him speak, I think his heart is in the right place, but I wouldn’t hold him up as a model for what priests are allowed to do because like I said he will push the boundary in the name of pro-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back