Obama 50%, Palin 33%

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Guest
Will she or won’t she? Sarah Palin has a busy schedule leading up to a major public event in Iowa on September 3, and Republican insider Karl Rove predicts she’s about to enter the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

If Election Day was right now, President Obama would defeat the former Alaska governor 50% to 33%, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. This marks the first time that the president has risen out of the 40s in hypothetical matchups with any of the major GOP presidential hopefuls. Fifteen percent (15%) prefer some other candidate, and two percent (2%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last month, Obama posted a 47% to 38% lead over Palin, the GOP’s unsuccessful vice presidential candidate in 2008.

Palin earns support from 62% of Republicans, while 88% of Democrats back the president. Voters not affiliated with either party prefer Obama by a 51% to 30% margin.

Obama holds a narrow 44% to 38% lead over Palin among male voters, but women prefer the incumbent by a sizable 56% to 29% margin.

rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/obama_50_palin_33
 
Probably just wouldn’t vote. But I’d probably rather have a beer with Barack than Sarah. 😃
 
Palin, without hesitation. She’s prolife, and actually walks the walk.
 
How could anyone claiming to be Catholic ever vote for Obama? He’s pro-death, all the way!

And, he’s ruined our economy, per his plan to “redistribute the wealth.” He’s a thief and a liar.
 
A half term governor as Commander in Chief?? Seriously???
It will NEVER happen. She is just around to keep her brand in people’s faces, and them talking about her. She was not serious as governor of Alaska, she is not serious now, and will never be taken seriously by Republicans in the future.

I voted for Obama.
 
The question of how she would do today in a head-to-head match with Obama is irrelevant to whether she’ll enter the campaign. The real question is how she would do against Bachman, Perry, Romney, etc.
 
A half term governor as Commander in Chief?? Seriously???
It will NEVER happen. She is just around to keep her brand in people’s faces, and them talking about her. She was not serious as governor of Alaska, she is not serious now, and will never be taken seriously by Republicans in the future.

I voted for Obama.
I find it interesting that Obama supporters are all of a sudden concerned about candidates having experience.
 
I’d definitely vote for Obama over Palin, any day. But I’d much rather have a beer with Palin!
I see. As one who doesn’t like beer anyway, I suppose I’d prefer to have a glass of wine with Palin, given the romantic connotations ‘a glass of wine’ has. A glass of wine with Barack Obama, lol. “I don’t swing that way” as they say.
40.png
estesbob:
I find it interesting that Obama supporters are all of a sudden concerned about candidates having experience.
That irony cuts both ways. The same people who just 3 years ago considered that lack of experience an indicator of a lack of qualification, are now fans of a politician who has even less. Just goes to show how opportunistic people are in selecting their supposed reasons for why they like or don’t like a particular candidate.
 
I see. As one who doesn’t like beer anyway, I suppose I’d prefer to have a glass of wine with Palin, given the romantic connotations ‘a glass of wine’ has. A glass of wine with Barack Obama, lol. “I don’t swing that way” as they say.

That irony cuts both ways. The same people who just 3 years ago considered that lack of experience an indicator of a lack of qualification, are now fans of a politician who has even less. Just goes to show how opportunistic people are in selecting their supposed reasons for why they like or don’t like a particular candidate.
Palin is not even in my top 3 of choices for the republcian nomination. i would vote for her if she got the nomination but that is not going to happen. i dont think she is going to run.
 
There will be numerous polls that will show Palin losing to BHO now. Polls are meaningless now, except to try to dampen enthusiasm for her. In Feb. 1980, Reagan was getting drubbed by Carter by 30 points. And Reagan was a “known” quantity as well back then. Reagan won, 51-41%. :clapping: Bob
 
For those her who voted for BHO, haven’t you seen enough socialist misery yet?? :confused: Rob
 
I’d definitely vote for Obama over Palin, any day. But I’d much rather have a beer with Palin!
I see. As one who doesn’t like beer anyway, I suppose I’d prefer to have a glass of wine with Palin, given the romantic connotations ‘a glass of wine’ has. A glass of wine with Barack Obama, lol. “I don’t swing that way” as they say.
I was starting to wonder. 😉 😛

I’m guessing neither would be particularly great dates from a conversation standpoint. At least with Palin, you could enjoy the view.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top