When I was a child, the idea of contraception, (though it had been around for a little while already) was thought by the percentage of society to be wrong and selfish. It became the norm in the sixties, and now, has gone all the way to abortion on demand, as a form of "birth control" (not contraception anymore), being acceptable enough to have government funded clinics (Planned Parenthood) to perform this horrendous act of homicide routinely, and the Federal Government writing unilateral mandates forcing even Churches opposed to contraception as a part of their deeply held beliefs to provide contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees.
Woe to us when we call evil good, and good evil (such as characterizing those against homosexual marriage, or abortion on demand as dangerous, bigoted, subversive radicals). It's taken less than 1/2 a century to get through these cycles. Not even one generations' full lifetime. With the pendulum swinging faster and faster, I find it quite plausible that I will see the normalization of pedophilia yet within my lifetime. Yes, first it will be a "sexual orientation". Then age of consent will continue to come down. It'll be spicy and dicey for about 20 years. Admittedly, not as easy of a sell as the "gay" life was. The lobbies will be thicker all the time. There will be subtle programs and TV sitcom plots. There will be test cases in circuit courts, and then eventually it will be legal to intergenerational marriage in Massachusettes, and Hawaii for instance, then a few other states. More and more families will notice that they have a member of their family "coming out", as being "pedosexual". More and more of their 11 - 14 year olds being "in love" with and older man or woman. Eventually, you'll be a bigot if you disapprove of pedosexual acts publicly, and you'll be accused of wanting to deprive children of their "sexual space" (as a well rounded part of their growing up in their already undefinable families). This doesn't sound any more preposterous to me than the things I've already seen happen in our culture within my lifetime did when I was younger. Sorry. I know this is cynical. I pray for my culture and society to prove me wrong. I've never wanted to be wrong about something so badly in my life.