Please pray for my 15 yr old daughter

• Thread starter Thread starter Laurel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Laurel:
Her name was Albertine, that is Ashleys’ comfirmation name. they were close, right up to the end.
I went back to read the songs (which are very sweet, btw) and I noticed that you shared this. Ashley may also be grieving. How long has it been since your grandma died?

Hi all,

Thank you for being there for me. To answer your question Cove, she died in 1994. Ashley was 5 at the time. I think that I loved her (Grammy) more than I loved anyone in my family. I know my Mom needs her badly right now too. I really don’t know if Ashley misses her that much, or just misses the idea of her being here for support.

40.png
Laurel:
Hi all,

Thank you for being there for me. To answer your question Cove, she died in 1994. Ashley was 5 at the time. I think that I loved her (Grammy) more than I loved anyone in my family. I know my Mom needs her badly right now too. I really don’t know if Ashley misses her that much, or just misses the idea of her being here for support.
The interesting thing about children is the grieve in stages, along with grow in stages… It is part of their developement. It is one thing I tell the parents I work with who have children that have experienced a loss, just so they are aware… They often revisit the subject, and it usually coincides with there life developemental stages…

Thank you Amy,

I will consider that. Is she at the developmental stage where revisiting this is common?. Whose stages of development are you referring to?. Please write more, this is very helpful to me.

40.png
Laurel:
Thank you Amy,

I will consider that. Is she at the developmental stage where revisiting this is common?. Whose stages of development are you referring to?. Please write more, this is very helpful to me.
Just being a teenager in general… The stages I mean are our basic preschool age, elementry school age, adolescents… When a child enters into pueberty there are a lot of things that are going on, just basic day to day stuff… But, during this time pains from a loss of a loved one can be very acute. I don’t know if it is pueberty that especially effect it, or the fact that it is an age where they understand death a bit more… Everything you are doing for her is wonderful, you are supportive, and listening… That is what she needs.

I hope that helps…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back