Poll: Americans See Tea Party Politicians More Negatively

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beau_Ouiville
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rapture Ready website, an Evangelical group, has always shown me great courtesy when I post there, even when defending Catholicism, and they are equally courteous to their fellow Evangelicals. Though I don’t think people here are hateful, your point about charity on this website has some merit to it.
My reference is only to those Evangelicals I grew up with in the Midwest. The point isn’t that evangelicals are all this way or that, but that I expect more out of catholics.
 
I feel the same way about liberals and the stereotype they have placed upon conservatives. When Palin was picked for VP I starte paying attention to politics. Little did I know that by virtue of my natural political beliefs I was a stupid racist hick.

I’ve been painted with such a broad brush that I’ve been force to retaliate with the same size brush.

I am offended by your posts because they wreak of the same style of rhetoric that is often used by Janeane Garofalo and MSNBC.
Then perhaps you have a one-sided view. Why just here on these forums I (who am not, contrary to the frequent accusations, a leftist) have been accused of being a communist, a nature worshipper (for not believing that global warming is a hoax), an elitist, a ‘little snot,’ (after I suggested as mildly as follows: ‘the Vietnam war may not have been, in retrospect, a strategically constructive venture,’ among other things.

It’s unfortunate that you’ve been offended. Don’t pretend though that it’s just you poor conservatives getting your feeling hurt. There is certainly due reciproscity.
 
How is she and MSNBC the gold standards of anti-conservative opinion? You give her and that news organization too much credit, I think.
Maybe so. I guess rather than call Tea Partiers racist, though, they should really deal with such things on a case-by-case basis, right? 😉
 
My reference is only to those Evangelicals I grew up with in the Midwest. The point isn’t that evangelicals are all this way or that, but that I expect more out of catholics.
My experience with Catholics in ‘the real world’ has been drastically differen from this forum. Even my experience with other sects doesn’t fit the stereotypes though. Much flack as born-again Christians get, the nicest person I ever knew, my aunt, was a born-again Christian. She would even carry a plastic bag around with her picking up garbage she found on the ground.

One should always avoid judging people mostly from their politics I think, though. Oe’s political views just aren’t that important, not as important as other things certainly.
 
My experience with Catholics in** ‘the real world’** has been drastically differen from this forum. Even my experience with other sects doesn’t fit the stereotypes though. Much flack as born-again Christians get, the nicest person I ever knew, my aunt, was a born-again Christian. She would even carry a plastic bag around with her picking up garbage she found on the ground.

One should always avoid judging people mostly from their politics I think, though. Oe’s political views just aren’t that important, not as important as other things certainly.
Because the Catholics on CAF are from Mars? 😛

I’m guessing you don’t count as a Catholic in the ‘real world’ either, since you are on CAF. :hmmm:
 
Because the Catholics on CAF are from Mars? 😛
You may not be entirely wrong.
I’m guessing you don’t count as a Catholic in the ‘real world’ either, since you are on CAF. :hmmm:
Could it be that one can be one kind of a Catholic in the real world where one must interact with real people and a different sort of Catholic on CAF where most posters s well as their posts are anonymous? :hmmm:
 
One should always avoid judging people mostly from their politics I think, though. Oe’s political views just aren’t that important, not as important as other things certainly.
Agreed. A good point to keep in mind.
 
You may not be entirely wrong.

Could it be that one can be one kind of a Catholic in the real world where one must interact with real people and a different sort of Catholic on CAF where most posters s well as their posts are anonymous? :hmmm:
Absolutely, but…and I’m sure you realize this…we are the same Catholics. In general, people are different when writing than in person. This has always been the case, even with letters. The main difference has been the response time.

I saw a hilarious stand up routine by Craig Ferguson (lots of profanity though, unfortunately) on the differences from the old days…“get feather, find the ink, draw a huge first letter with a picture of a tree…” There was some great advice in the midst of the humor.

In every case, before responding, you should ask yourself three things:
  1. Should it be said?
  2. Should it be said by me?
  3. Should it be said now?
Great advice…I wish I could follow it better. 😊
 
Not to derail the thread, but Jocko may know a lot about Catholic Theology. He appears to have studied it as he is a wavering atheist.

He is a new member and will need to see Christian charity here. He appears to be testing the waters and is challenging us with his finger pointing. 🙂
Right! And we should be rejoicing for Jocko’s openness to our Apostolic Truth…
There is just too much darkness seeping from GOP posters on these type of boards… in my opinion.Peace, Carlan
 
Right! And we should be rejoicing for Jocko’s openness to our Apostolic Truth…
There is just too much darkness seeping from GOP posters on these type of boards… in my opinion.Peace, Carlan
Sure…only the GOP posters. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your light-heared, non-partisan, positive posts. 👍
 
Right! And we should be rejoicing for Jocko’s openness to our Apostolic Truth…
There is just too much darkness seeping from GOP posters on these type of boards… in my opinion.Peace, Carlan
Darkness?

It’s not the GOP posters who champion abortion and homosexual “marriage”, redistrbution of personal wealth (used to be called “stealing”) and the creation of human embryos for the purpose of killing them to rob them of their cells, if you want to talk about darkness.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the GOP and the Democrats are both nothing more than two sides of the same corrupted coin, but considering the planks of the progressive liberals, nobody has any business accusing the GOP alone of “darkness”.

In my case, I’m just a disturbed vet who tends to shoot his mouth off because I am thoroughly sick of the government. I am rapidly losing all faith in the system, which appears to only exist any more for the purpose of shafting the citizens.

On top of that, I’ve had a couple of really bad PTSD sessions over the last couple of days, and I’m still getting the runaround from the VA, so don’t pay too much attention to me. Just chalk it up as more of that same from Wolseley—“he’s one of those people, you know…”) :eek:
 
Hey, what I say is balance is fair enough. Remember what old Harry used to say, “If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen”! 😛
Peace, Carlan
 
I think that Jesus did not teach that. He loved without demanding love in return. Many martyrs died loving their oppressors who in turn did not respect them. Do you think that Fr. Kolbe loved those who killed him? I do. Did they respect him? I think not.
Do you think that they died with the words ‘racist’ and ‘bigots’ and ‘islamophobes’ curled onto their lips against those who oppressed them?
Liberals are walking around pretending they are Jesus, telling the haters to love them. Yet they themselves are filled with hate and intolerance against those who think differently than they do.

And if love is not a type of relationship, then I don’t knwo what it would be?
It is not up to anybody here to prove how Christian they are. If it seems like a good idea to you, then be the love that you preach. Calling the people you are dealing with haters and racists and bigots is a strange kind of love, indeed as far as I can tell. It is like telling your wife. “I love you, you spiteful hateful whore. Now why don’t you tell me how much you love me, you skank”.

…
It will only work if your wife is especially kinky…

In the end the love of the oppressed saints is a relationship between the saint praying to God for his forgiveness against those who persecute. Once people have shut themselves off from the Christian, the relationship can only be between the saint and God himself.
If love was a one-way street, hell would not exist. God’s love would be sufficient.
 
Right! And we should be rejoicing for Jocko’s openness to our Apostolic Truth…
There is just too much darkness seeping from GOP posters on these type of boards… in my opinion.Peace, Carlan
I am not sure how many more Catholics like Pelosi and Biden that the Church can take.
 
Right! And we should be rejoicing for Jocko’s openness to our Apostolic Truth…
There is just too much darkness seeping from GOP posters on these type of boards… in my opinion.Peace, Carlan
Wow. I guess I’m one of the darkers. Thanks for letting me know.:confused:
 
Darkness?

It’s not the GOP posters who champion abortion and homosexual “marriage”, redistrbution of personal wealth (used to be called “stealing”) and the creation of human embryos for the purpose of killing them to rob them of their cells, if you want to talk about darkness.
Interesting. I’ve yet to see a catholic on here (liberal or conservative) champion abortion, gay marriage, or embryonic research. Economic redistribution, yes, but not the rest. The way I read the Catechism and some of the encyclicals, not redistributing wealth would fall closer to stealing than redistributing wealth. Is it currently done well? Certainly not. Is the problem that wealth shouldn’t be spread around? Certainly not.
On top of that, I’ve had a couple of really bad PTSD sessions over the last couple of days, and I’m still getting the runaround from the VA, so don’t pay too much attention to me. Just chalk it up as more of that same from Wolseley—“he’s one of those people, you know…”) :eek:
I would count the VA as a product of the redistribution of personal wealth. I think veterans have earned it. I wish it was done better so people like yourself would never get the runaround.
 
Wow. I guess I’m one of the darkers. Thanks for letting me know.:confused:
I just must have miss read your post, I did not read it as sarcasim…If that is what it was. I am not exactly the brightest bulb in the room either:confused: Peace, Carlan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top