Possible Trump Win?

• Thread starter Thread starter hvizsgyak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hvizsgyak

Sorry, I’m being blocked by The Forum for some reason but I can hit refresh and type a few characters in at a time. I found this article interesting and wanted to see what others thought. I may not be able to reply because I have to keep refreshing my screen to get the add blocker disable message off the screen. My view is that I’m hoping Barrett will get confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice and I don’t care who gets the Presidency, I voted third party (and they have no chance of winning but I feel I did my civic duty).

Last edited:
Absolutely. You could see the hate Biden had for Trump in the debate. Biden was calling Trump all sorts of vile names.

What vile names did Biden call Trump in the debate? Believe me, everything Biden said was well rehearsed by his managers and handlers. He does not hate Trump, and neither does Trump hate Biden, no matter what concocted conspiracy theory involving his son that Trump and Giuliani manufactured against him.

It would not come as a shock to me. The Democrats learned virtually NOTHING from their defeat in 2016. The third variable, however, in this election is the virus and the resulting economic downturn. So I believe, whoever wins, it’s going to be a very close election.

Last edited:
Can you just imagine the meltdown from the left after another Trump victory??? The college snowflakes will dust off their Play-Doh and Legos and coloring books. And the network news anchors will appear like they just attended a wake…again. It will be simply scrumptious!!!

Last edited:
  1. I think Trump is going to win as well. Wouldn’t bet a paycheck on either result however. just my gut and reading the spiritual tea leaves, if you will.
  2. You are likely blocked because of a pop-up blocker is enabled. I get that at work.

Well I’m no Trump supporter but I had socially-distant coffee with 3 friends this morning; they predicted a Biden win, I predicted a Trump win polls notwithstanding. I hope Trump loses, but…

If Trump does win, he’ll continue to provide reality-show entertainment for 4 years and will force me to google a lot to get my facts straight from his constant lies and exaggerating. So I’ll be smarter in 4 years time.

I see the election thus as a win-win 🤣

Note to all: I’m Canadian and can’t vote in US elections. But I can dip into my stash of beer and popcorn to enjoy seeing the returns come in. It should be more entertaining than Canadian elections where the winner is usually correctly predicted in about an hour of polls closing…

Last edited:
At the beginning of the year I was certain Trump would win. Biden is milquetoast and lackluster. But the virus and the protests over police use of force has thrown a wrench into those expectations.

Last edited:
My feeling is that the Democrats picked Biden as candidate because they had to run someone, since you can’t really have an election without an incumbent and an opponent, or two opponents. They didn’t want to “waste” a good candidate on a lost cause from the get-go.

Then as you say the pandemic and race issues threw a spanner into the works, and Biden has a good chance of winning.

Since I’m so good at making wrong predictions, I predict that if he wins, Biden won’t serve a full term given his age. He’ll resign and Ms. Harris will become president.

I wonder how many voters will realize that they are actually voting Ms. Harris for president? And how will that affect the outcome?

The conjecture I heard was that the Dems consider Biden a throw away vote. However encouraging voters to vote straight ticket down the line.
It will do PresidentvTrump no good for the first two years at least,if we have a win with him but Dems take control of the other two branches

Yes, the Senate races are particularly important in this election no matter who the President is. I suppose they are always important, but I think this time around more so.

My feeling is the social unrest in the country works more in favor of the Reps than the Dems. The virus and economy problems favor Biden.

Last edited:
The Democrats learned virtually NOTHING from their defeat in 2016.
They may have learned something from 2004, though. Even after 9/11, a stock market crash, and soaring debt, Bush went on to win, and win the popular vote to boot. I doubt if the Democrats are taking anything for granted.

But many of the Dems are still living as if the year is 1968, fighting the same tired social battles. Apart from the big cities, the country today is remarkably conservative, Maybe it always was.

Last edited:
As a result, cosmopolitan types have left themselves in the exact same information bubble they were in 4 years ago. To those in the know, Trump’s victory could be seen a mile away, but it will come as a big shock to the average liberal.
I think this is basically true, and it’s shown enough in the candidate the Democratic Party have offered. Trump was a candidate with real populist energy, while Biden isn’t much better than Hillary, and he’s just as complacent. I think there is a lot of rigging from both sides that could affect the outcome of the election, and maybe people will be put off by Trump due to recent events, but if he somehow does fail to win it won’t be because of the strength of the Democratic Party.

Speaking of which, it would be 26 years till another SC Justice would be appointed by a Democrat President. (Clinton) Even if Biden wins, a SC appointment is unlikely. The Republicans have that market cornered.

Last edited:
the country today is remarkably conservative. Maybe it always was.
I wonder though if it’s the same kind of conservative. I would say that starting with the Tea Party and culminating with Trump, it’s a more radical kind of conservative. Which is anything but conservative. Right-wing perhaps, but also radical and destabilizing

You guys in the US are a long way away from the reassuring, slow-but-steady kind of conservative epitomized by President Eisenhower.

It could be that many see Biden as a seat-warmer to shock the Republicans into returning to its more traditional roots, much closer to but still to the right of the centre.

Because the more radicalized both parties, the more polarized and unstable the US will become. IMHO, it won’t end well…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back