Possible Trump Win?

• Thread starter Thread starter hvizsgyak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically has the President done that you consider radical and destabilizing??

It’s a graph showing a spike in the search phrase “can I change my vote” right after the debate Thursday night

What specifically has the President done that you consider radical and destabilizing??
Kowtowing the worst kinds of autocrats, expressing his envy for their power-grabbing ways. Extremely UN-American! This is probably the worst, though there are many others.

It could be that many see Biden as a seat-warmer to shock the Republicans into returning to its more traditional roots, much closer to but still to the right of the centre.
Using this thought - the Democrats should have moved to the center after a Hillary loss - but instead - they have moved even farther to the left - more radical … no shock factor at play it seems on the left …

Ok, but I think that the link removed your search and just gave a start point for any search. That’s ok, since I know what you searched, I can do it, too.

The Law of Distribution doesn’t say that, especially when you have a heterogeneous society.

If so, then wouldn’t the oil industry comments have been discussed and vetted discussed prior to the debate?

It’s possible that the Biden team agreed that it would be wise to be more up front about his commitment to transition from oil, but his aids seem to be attempting to rewrite the expressed sentiments.

If a CAF poster has more information on this, I am very interested in reading it. It’s become controversial in the past few days.

be wise to be more up front about his commitment to transition from oil, but his aids seem to be attempting to rewrite the expressed sentiments.
It’s very difficult to appeal to people on both sides of one issue…

Graduated college in 2019. I can confirm that college kids do have coloring and play do spaces. A lot of professors also canceled or made exams scheduled right after the 2016 election optional at my school, because apparently folks found the result so traumatic.

That’s even better. 2 nuclear powers getting angry at each other does not seem like a good idea at all. So I don’t know why Trump’s detractors think he should start poking certain dictators with a stick, so to speak.
There is a difference between "not poking a dictator with a stick, and “kowtowing to his ego”. Kim Jong Un had a relative of his tern apart with vicious dogs, and Trump “fell in love” with him. Xi in China was declared to be president for life, and Trump thinks that it is a good idea, and we should do something similar (or the same). Putin did about the same, and put out a bounty of American soldiers, and Trump just pokes his fingers into his ear, and chants: “Lalala, I can’t hear you”.

Every dictatorship these days hold so-called elections, while making sure that no one can actually oppose them. These are the kinds of people that Trump admires.

College kids in the US actually do have kindergarden style “safe activities” for whenever someone mildly disagrees with them in class or otherwise. I can attest to that personally
I’m a college professor. Nearly all of my friends are professors at other, American colleges. I’ve taught at three major universities (two public, one private), and have friends teaching at dozens across the country.

Your revelation is news to me. Students do just fine being challenged intellectually. In fact, they do better than the average person on the internet.

Don’t be so dismissive.

@Anonkun @redbetta I am familiar with the accounts, often promoted in right-wing news/opinion sources. I don’t doubt that it has happened somewhere. I am sure that it is not representative of most US college students. Although I do not live in the US, I do meet quite a lot of American graduate students here in Cambridge. They are exceptionally intelligent people, they have a very mature perspective on life, and I am yet to meet one who has to play with children’s toys because they don’t like the outcome of an election. For what it’s worth, I tend to assume that anyone who resorts to calling people “snowflakes” probably doesn’t have a very good argument to make.

What an offensive comment.
It’s not that far off from the truth.

Please see the book, Why Today’s Super-Connected Kids Are growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy–and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood and What That Means for the Rest of Us by Jean M. Twenge, PhD

This book is very well-researched and documented, and it’s also disturbing. College students and even young adults in their 20s are like junior highers of 40 years ago. Many of them have no adults skills at all–they can’t drive, they can’t cook, they have no working experience. Instead, they spend their days staring at a screen, usually their phones.

I personally am not thrilled to see the Presidential election decided by people like these 20-somethings who have never actually lived a real-life life and are basing their vote entirely on an online worldview that is pure fantasy.

My only hope is that they won’t be able to figure out how to get to the polling place (or how to get a mail-in-vote mailed, since it isn’t email), and that if the weather isn’t absolutely perfect, they will be too nervous about getting sick to go out. Or it’s possible that they will be so afraid of catching COVID-19 that they won’t even try to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back