K
kristie_m
Guest
congrats!
DH and I have been trying for almost a year now for number 4. Iāve tried praying before, during and after! 
I am late to this thread, but I have a friend who confided to me that she and her husband pray before haviung sex, and that sex is more beautiful when they do.Hello ⦠Recently Iāve heard that there are Catholic couples who say a prayer together before each time they make love.
Is this something that has caught on? Are there many people who do this?
JUST ONE MANāS OPINION HERE:Hello ⦠Recently Iāve heard that there are Catholic couples who say a prayer together before each time they make love.
Is this something that has caught on? Are there many people who do this?
I hear a lot about God in the bedroom, but I look at it from a different perspectiveā¦I tend to think that He would want to give married couples privacy.God gave us love and sex to share with each other. He is indeed everywhere, but I am pretty sure that he does not want to be invited into the bedroom to sit on the edge of the bed while a couple goes at it.
![]()
It is NOT supposed to be naughty. THAT is lustful, and wrong. Marriage doesnāt just legitmize sex. You are selling yourself way short if you buy into this mode of thinking and donāt allow the ultimate designer of love and human life in to make your love making reach the heavens.JUST ONE MANāS OPINION HERE:
Sex is supposed to be hot, steamy, passionate, stimulating, deeply intimate, highly erotic and very pleasurable and yesā¦even a little naughty. Prayer on the other hand is communication with our creator. It is spiritual, reverent and deeply intimate bonding of man and God. Both of these activities embody the very escense of humanity.
Doing them simultaneously, or one right after the other however is extremely creepy and a real mood killer. God gave us love and sex to share with each other. He is indeed everywhere, but I am pretty sure that he does not want to be invited into the bedroom to sit on the edge of the bed while a couple goes at it.
I prefer to take a few minutes at the beginning and (or) the end of the day to thank him for all of the gifts and blessings of the day. We were created in the image of God therefore itās safe to say that God also has a sense of modesty.
![]()
For my husband and I (after the marital act), its a simple spontaneous prayer of āThank you for my spouse and thank you for this beautiful gift youāve given us. Please help us continue to experience it in a way that glorifies you. Please help us to honestly be open to life and put our trust in you, even though we donāt feel like weāre ready for it right now.ā (we practice NFP, but sometimes I āfreak outā after the fact. I need the constant reminder to put my trust in the God who is always faithful - that he knows what is best for us.) And then we transition to the other praises/requests in our normal prayer life.Anyone want to give me an example of what this prayer consists of?
mmmā¦isnāt that from marie antoinette???..Interesting little tidbit, though maybe somewhat off-topic:
There was once a common custom for priests to bless the nuptial bed after the wedding. I read of some traditions where during the bride and groom would lay in a bed at the reception (though only symbolic, not meant to actually be used at that time) while everyone would applaud and the priest would bless them and prayers would be offered for a fruitful marriage.
This perhaps stems from a custom among the European royal families. On the night of the wedding of a monarch or heir
to the throne the court would gather in the nuptial bed chamber and applaud the royal couple as they lay in bed and recieved the blessing. The bed curtains would then be drawn and the couple expected to consumate the marriage with the entire royal court standing around themā¦
When you remember that the marital act is all about recommiting your devotion to your sacrement, it is a time of prayer. Recognizing that Our Lord is a part of the marriage can really strengthen your marriage, in and out of the bedroom. It is a beautiful active way to show our love, it is one of Godās gifts to us, not something that we need to hide from him. He is in every warm embrace.Itās not something Iāve heard of as being popular. It even seems a bit unnecessary, because the marital embrace is itself a prayer, in a way.
Thatās just me, though!![]()