Preemption for All!

• Thread starter Thread starter Peacemonger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
jlw:
All Bush is saying is that we need to spend more time PREVENTING crimes. All options are on the table.

Playing to win, instead of playing “not to lose”.
As long as he means going after people who are guilty of conspiracy and removing the conditions that breed successful crime, and not bombing neighborhoods where likely felons live or rousting people out of bed based on suspicion and not probable cause.

40.png
st_felicity:
BOYCOTT!!!
Oh…I’m sorry, I thought I was replying to the thread about Macy’s Department store–My bad…:o 😉 😃

Peace!

40.png
BLB_Oregon:
As long as he means going after people who are guilty of conspiracy and removing the conditions that breed successful crime, and not bombing neighborhoods where likely felons live or rousting people out of bed based on suspicion and not probable cause.
Probable cause???

This is a freaking WAR ZONE!!! This is not an episode of Perry Mason!!!

Yikes!!

40.png
jlw:
I hear you.

But based on my brief experience of your posts, you…

DON’T give America the benefit of the doubt usually
When it come to Americas’ foreign policy, I would agree with you.
ARE against war on almost any grounds
Especially when those grounds are nothing more than shifting sand.
ARE liberal in your worldview (except on abortion, thank goodness)
Is that so bad?
ARE ignorant of many facts about Iraq and the global war on terror
You’re wrong here. I’ve read dozens of books, and read hundreds of articles from the left, right, and in between. But I read these books and articles not with the purpose of reconfirming my position, but simply to know the **truth. **And this research, along with guidance from the Church has led me to my anti-war stance.
ARE self-righteous as anyone else dedicated to to his position, in spite of the facts presented
When it come to the war in Iraq, I am certain of my stance. If this makes me self-righteous…so be it. BTW no ome has given me any “facts” that justify Americas’ war in Iraq.
and
ARE anti-soldier only because your criticism of the mission *IS NOT *supportive of the soldiers in harms way.
When you say I’m anti-soldier, what do you mean? I want them to die? I don’t care about them? I believe they are evil?
In regards to your enlightened self-awareness and your hope that God agrees with your worldview…

Pray for more humility. I know I need to.
Pray I shall.

40.png
Peacemonger:
Take a chill pill CaptSC! Take a walk around the block or something! This forum is so pro war and right wing that is NEEDS me to try and balance it out. Hopefully someone will see the truth that I present and not get so huffy.
Lol. See what I mean?

When it come to Americas’ foreign policy, I would agree with you.

In all charity, I just have a fundemental problem with that

Especially when those grounds are nothing more than shifting
sand.

Saddam did not comply. That it, that’s all, that’s the line in the sand. Period.

If you think he complied, was above board, as was NOT a friend or potential friend to terrorists in a post-9/11 world, then what can I say??

Is that so bad?

Liberalism is. It is based on an idea that a utopia can be achieved. It can’t. History has proved that. Charity is not a liberal idea. But governmentally forced “charity” is.

You’re wrong here. I’ve read dozens of books, and read hundreds of articles from the left, right, and in between. But I read these books and articles not with the purpose of reconfirming my position, but simply to know the **truth. **And this research, along with guidance from the Church has led me to my anti-war stance.

Being anti-war is your stance. War can bring horrible pain and suffering, but it also can bring justice and freedom. You are thowing out the baby with the bathwater.

When it come to the war in Iraq, I am certain of my stance. If this makes me self-righteous…so be it. BTW no ome has given me any “facts” that justify Americas’ war in Iraq.

Puleeeeeeeeese! :rolleyes:

When you say I’m anti-soldier, what do you mean? I want them to die? I don’t care about them? I believe they are evil?

When your criticism is almost WORD FOR WORD the same as that of the middle eastern propagandists supporting the terrorists, it is NOT supportive of our soldiers. It just isn’t.

CaptSC said:

“Praise God that I’m here.” !!!

Who do You think you are? Who do you think **we **are? Humility is a virtue, and I sympathize with the poster somewhere above me that used profanity.

“Praise God that I’m here.”

With your slanted views and biased posts, I gather you belong to the Pax Christi group. In fact, I believe what you just said is blasphemous and vain!!!

You have just destroyed any credibilty you think you had, or even deserve from the rest of the members of the forum, conservative, liberal, or others.

I don’t believe I am the only one that has their feathers "ruffled a bit."

And I’ve had enough with your self-righteous tirades! “Praise God I’m here,” you said. Stop!!!

No doubt the Holy Spirit heads the list. :whistle:

40.png
Peacemonger:
I ignore people who call me or say I’m anti-American, a pacifist, liberal, ignorant, self-righteous, anti-soldier, sad Saddam is no longer in power, don’t care about the people of Iraq. I’ve been called all these on this forum and more! But I just let it slide…because I know me and God knows me.
Finally… you said something we can all agree on!:clapping: :banghead:

Peacemonger, I think you are very upset about something in your life. Because you seem to be using up so much energy angainst Bush and the war. Also, you seem to delight in jabbing people with the posts. You are most certainly entitled to your own oppinions, and you shared with me on another post that you voted for neither candidate. So, with that being said, if you had an opportunity to vote and did not, did you not also excuse yourself from the right to whine about the outcome. I am not being mean, and I don’t want you to think I am trying to be. But with your strong views on politics, it is hard to take seriously into account your oppinions,if it wasn’t even that important for you to vote.God Bless

40.png
Peacemonger:
Obviously you haven’t read all of my posts. I’m not here to intentionally bash anyone. The fact that conservatives are so sensitive and offended by the truth can’t be helped. I try to spread the truth behind America’s immoral war with as much charity as possible. Praise God that I’m here.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Peacemonger, you’re killing me. You DO have a sense of humor. Surely, you didn’t type that post with a straight face! :whacky:

Peacemonger said:
Has President Bush lost his grip on reality?

Maybe. He did implement part of the liberal agenda during his first term.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Peacemonger, I think you are very upset about something in your life. Because you seem to be using up so much energy angainst Bush and the war.
All in all my life’s not so bad. But I do sometimes get homesick for America. I’ve been living in Japan now for a very long time. That said, I believe with every bone in my body that our war in Iraq was/is immoral.
Also, you seem to delight in jabbing people with the posts.
Not really…well…maybe a little. But I’ve never posted with only the intention of ticking someone off.
You are most certainly entitled to your own oppinions, and you shared with me on another post that you voted for neither candidate. So, with that being said, if you had an opportunity to vote and did not, did you not also excuse yourself from the right to whine about the outcome.
I chose not to vote, not out of laziness, but out of digust for both candidates. For me it was a lose lose situation.
I am not being mean, and I don’t want you to think I am trying to be. But with your strong views on politics, it is hard to take seriously into account your oppinions,if it wasn’t even that important for you to vote.God Bless
I take my vote very serious…that’s why I chose to keep it to myself.

40.png
Peacemonger:
All in all my life’s not so bad. But I do sometimes get homesick for America. I’ve been living in Japan now for a very long time. That said, I believe with every bone in my body that our war in Iraq was/is immoral…
We know. We also know you are human and can be very wrong here.

40.png
Peacemonger:
I chose not to vote, not out of laziness, but out of digust for both candidates. For me it was a lose lose situation.

Well, when choosing not to vote, you effectively left the election in the hands of those who did vote. So, you affected the outcome by abstaining. Maybe you would feel better about the outcome if you had voted. Certainly, trying to change conservatives’ opinions after the election (on the forums) is a waste of your energy.

jlw said:
Peace, a reply to my last post?? :whistle:

BTW, “Peace” ignores any post he doesn’t like. Surely, you have noticed? It’s his M.O. :hmmm:

La Chiara:
BTW, “Peace” ignores any post he doesn’t like. Surely, you have noticed? It’s his M.O. :hmmm:
Liberals are like that. If they don’t change the context, they change the whole subject, and if you have the patience to go the distance and get them to see that their arguements don’t stand up (in a nice and logical way), they take their ball and go home rather than admit their flawed thinking.

Liberalism takes a lot of emotional investment, therefore it’s tough to let it go. I know from experience. Painful.

40.png
Peacemonger:
All in all my life’s not so bad. But I do sometimes get homesick for America. I’ve been living in Japan now for a very long time. That said, I believe with every bone in my body that our war in Iraq was/is immoral.

Not really…well…maybe a little. But I’ve never posted with only the intention of ticking someone off.

Peacemonger I don’t buy it, what’s wrong? If you don’t feel comfortable speaking on the open forum send me a pm. as another human I recognise reactions to a internal unrest. If you need to talk I am here. Been ther.God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back