Pressure Builds on DeLay

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholicvegan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he broke the law, let him be prosecuted and reap what he has sown. Until then he is not guilty.

What I find hilarious is Democrats across this country getting ready to waste money to have him unseated. Guess what. You have to live here to vote and all the money will that is thrown down the toilet will not buy off this district. We totally respect the way he has taken the high moral ground and common sense says not to always believe what one’s political enemies say.

40.png
pnewton:
If he broke the law, let him be prosecuted and reap what he has sown. Until then he is not guilty.

What I find hilarious is Democrats across this country getting ready to waste money to have him unseated. Guess what. You have to live here to vote and all the money will that is thrown down the toilet will not buy off this district. We totally respect the way he has taken the high moral ground and common sense says not to always believe what one’s political enemies say.
The Democrats dislike Mr DeLay because he’s so effective. He thus has a real chance to advance the Culture of Life by holding the judges who executed Terri Schiavo acountable. Since the Democratic Party represents the Culture of Death, they will try to destroy him.

40.png
gnjsdad:
The Democrats dislike Mr DeLay because he’s so effective. He thus has a real chance to advance the Culture of Life by holding the judges who executed Terri Schiavo acountable. Since the Democratic Party represents the Culture of Death, they will try to destroy him.
:yup: :amen:

40.png
gnjsdad:
The great thing about representative democracy is that only those he represents get to vote for him. It has been my pleasure to do so every time he has run for Congress.

40.png
pnewton:
What I find hilarious is Democrats across this country getting ready to waste money to have him unseated.
Is it only the Democrats who want him to lose his leadership position? Among other Republicans, Santorum wants DeLay to go. He is getting to be a liability for the Republicans IMO.

40.png
gnjsdad:
He thus has a real chance to advance the Culture of Life by holding the judges who executed Terri Schiavo acountable
How is he goint to “hold them accountable”? Most Americans opposed continuing to keep Mrs. Schiavo alive. Wrongful opposition, I think, but the fact remains.
Since the Democratic Party represents the Culture of Death, they will try to destroy him.
The Republican Party with its willing support of unilateral war, so strongly opposed by our beloved John Paul II, also contributes to the Culture of Death, though not as much as the Democrats.

In response to DeLay’s remarks about judges, Mr. Bush said that he supports an independent judiciary and refused to endorse DeLay’s position.

Bill Frist said that the Florida judges handled it “in a fair and independent way,” though he hoped for a different result.

40.png
Richardols:
In response to DeLay’s remarks about judges, Mr. Bush said that he supports an independent judiciary and refused to endorse DeLay’s position.

Bill Frist said that the Florida judges handled it “in a fair and independent way,” though he hoped for a different result.
Yes. The comments are irresponsible, ineffective, and contrary to why moral people voted them into office.

However, the Democrats, as a whole, fully supported the killing of Schiavo because they support euthanasia, they support activist judges, and they support the use of such judges to push their immoral agenda as they cannot get it done through electing enough representatives that support it.

Any attempt to draw comparison between the 2 parties’ culpability is very weak.

40.png
Brad:
Yes. The comments are irresponsible, ineffective, and contrary to why moral people voted them into office.
Maybe so, but, perhaps, in the next election, moral people will vote the Republicans out of office. (from my lips to God’s ears)

40.png
Richardols:
Maybe so, but, perhaps, in the next election, moral people will vote the Republicans out of office. (from my lips to God’s ears)
And vote in the Democrats?

Any attempt to draw comparison is intellectually dishonest.

40.png
Brad:
And vote in the Death-ocrats?

Any attempt to draw comparison is intellectually dishonest.
You have your opinion, I have mine. Support the politicians you choose.

40.png
Richardols:
You have your opinion, I have mine. Support the politicians you choose.
Oh please. Back to opinions again. Time to start dealing with factual reality - or is there no such thing as truth?

40.png
Brad:
Oh please. Back to opinions again. Time to start dealing with factual reality - or is there no such thing as truth?
This entire thread is about opinion - the pressure being put on Mr. DeLay, both by Democrats and more importantly, by his fellow Republicans for him to resign his post. You want him to stay; some want him gone, I personally don’t care whether he remains or not.

We’re not discussing theological certainties or ultimate truth.

40.png
Richardols:
This entire thread is about opinion - the pressure being put on Mr. DeLay, both by Democrats and more importantly, by his fellow Republicans for him to resign his post. You want him to stay; some want him gone, I personally don’t care whether he remains or not.

However you equated morality with voting out Republicans and voting in Democrats. Given their pro-death platform I am curious what strange morality you refer to.

Lisa N

40.png
Richardols:

You don’t care? And elephants can fly.

Lisa N:
However you equated morality with voting out Republicans and voting in Democrats. Given their pro-death platform I am curious what strange morality you refer to.
Nothing about voting in Democrats in my post. Just voting out Republicans.

40.png
Richardols:
Is it only the Democrats who want him to lose his leadership position? Among other Republicans, Santorum wants DeLay to go. He is getting to be a liability for the Republicans IMO.
That is all fine and well. If the party thinks they are better served by having him step down for now, that is okay. What is not okay is having pro-death backlash from a bunch of people of of his district trying to influence the next election and buy off the voting constintuency. Can you say carpetbagger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back