W
whatevergirl
Guest
*Most of you know, I’d like to move back to Pittsburgh. We decided against this summer, so we are shooting for next year, now. That said, I have made some nice new friendships here, and Florida has grown on me, one could say. Perhaps, I needed to just give it some time, and put a concerted effort more to developing friendships, and looking for the good here. We love our parish, etc…so if we were to stay here for a few years, it wouldn’t be a bad thing.
But, I still find myself missing Pittsburgh. I just do. I loved it there…so my question is…in discussing this with my husband over the past year, he said…’‘whatever you would like to do, I’m all for it…I want everyone to be happy.’’ Okay. Now, that we are growing closer to potentially moving next year…he has had a change of opinion. He said last night…’‘why do you want to go back there? With all that snow, I just don’t see the sense in moving back to all of those long winters.’’ (My kids and I like snow, not 5 months of it, but we like it–dh hates it) He also names other reasons he doesn’t want to go back…he has developed a nice career here at Disney, and he’d have to start over somewhere else, etc…that makes sense. But, I said…’‘where is your sense of adventure?’’
He said…’‘I’m a realist.’’ 
I don’t want to argue with him…I just said, well, maybe we should all keep praying about it, and see if God impresses upon us to move.
My question is…if my husband continues to ‘seem’ negative about moving back…as his wife, should I stop asking about it? Should I accept his stance, and we remain here? How far does submission go, in a case like this? We are partners in every sense of the word, but I don’t want to move back to Pgh, if my husband is really against it. It wouldn’t be worth it to me.
Your thoughts and advice are appreciated. *
But, I still find myself missing Pittsburgh. I just do. I loved it there…so my question is…in discussing this with my husband over the past year, he said…’‘whatever you would like to do, I’m all for it…I want everyone to be happy.’’ Okay. Now, that we are growing closer to potentially moving next year…he has had a change of opinion. He said last night…’‘why do you want to go back there? With all that snow, I just don’t see the sense in moving back to all of those long winters.’’ (My kids and I like snow, not 5 months of it, but we like it–dh hates it) He also names other reasons he doesn’t want to go back…he has developed a nice career here at Disney, and he’d have to start over somewhere else, etc…that makes sense. But, I said…’‘where is your sense of adventure?’’
I don’t want to argue with him…I just said, well, maybe we should all keep praying about it, and see if God impresses upon us to move.
My question is…if my husband continues to ‘seem’ negative about moving back…as his wife, should I stop asking about it? Should I accept his stance, and we remain here? How far does submission go, in a case like this? We are partners in every sense of the word, but I don’t want to move back to Pgh, if my husband is really against it. It wouldn’t be worth it to me.
Your thoughts and advice are appreciated. *