Question about submitting as a wife in this case

  • Thread starter Thread starter whatevergirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You help so many of us…it is about time we got to return the favor! :grouphug:
:hug1: I mentioned to my husband a few days ago, about you living in Pittsburgh…and how that would be cool to meet you…and he said…(sarcastically) ''ooohhh let’s pack our bags right now!" 😃 He would be a fan too if he talked to you on here. 😉
 
:hug1: I mentioned to my husband a few days ago, about you living in Pittsburgh…and how that would be cool to meet you…and he said…(sarcastically) ''ooohhh let’s pack our bags right now!" 😃 He would be a fan too if he talked to you on here. 😉
I forgive him…😛
 
I’m sorry, I can’t help but ask. I noticed you said he works at Disney. Disney World, Disneyland? I just got back from doing a College Program at Walt Disney World and think it’s so cool to run into other Cast Members. 🙂 Sorry that this is SO off topic.
 
I’m sorry, I can’t help but ask. I noticed you said he works at Disney. Disney World, Disneyland? I just got back from doing a College Program at Walt Disney World and think it’s so cool to run into other Cast Members. 🙂 Sorry that this is SO off topic.
LOL, it’s ok. Disney World. It’s funny you say this, he interned at Disney once upon a time…you say doing a college program…are you in college, or are you helping out with a college program?
 
I’m a sophomore in college. The College Program is an internship. I did mine in Disney’s Animal Kingdom merchandise 🙂
 
Could you explain what you mean by ‘desires are backbreakers?’*
Certainly…

We all have desires. Desires in themselves are not “bad.” Certainly they provide motivation, give us a purpose, and help lead us to a goal. However, sometimes we have desires that might not be in our best interest either at the time or never. Desires can ebb and flow and result from a sense of longing or belonging.

Keen spouses wish to help meet each others desires. Sometimes we desire too much or do so in a way that is either too vague to be accommodated or is too difficlut to actually fulfill.

Like a couple that is having trouble conceiving… Can you imagine what the husband must feel like, every month when his wife comes crying saying she’s not pregnant? He will come to feel inadequate because he can’t help meet the desires of his wife. (I can imagine the reverse would also be true.) What has to happen is that each must come to terms with the desire and the best way to approach it.

Like a dream (and I’m borrowing this form Matthew Kelly’s 7 Levels CD). If someone has a dream, especially one of a couple, it’s there. It’s something to consider. Something the other needs to help the spouse obtain… but over time, the dream (desire) may wane. It may loose importance, or some other dream (desire) or reality makes it difficult to support or hard to justify.

Like the childless couple… the desire becomes a back breaker, either to one of the couple or to both if an adjustment isn’t made to the expected outcome.

Your desire is to “go home.” Your husband, at first says OK… but as he thinks about it, he may be thinking “We are home. I don’t have the energy to go through this again.” or “In this economy, I’ll not be able to find a job.” Or, based on a tid bit you said about what he was doing in Pits wasn’t “home” to him.

You want to go back to what you had. He’s looking at it as “why would I want to go back to that?” On one hand he wants to make you happy and on the other he doesn’t either see how that will help or he fears he will “go back” to being unhappy. He’s caught in between.

And I make no pretension as to knowing if your desire is reasonable or not nor am I trying to suggest that it is or is not. Just that strong desires can create strong friction if they are not shared desires. That is why I called them back breakers. They can become a very heavy load for the person that believes they are responsible for helping enable the desire but can not.
 
Hi WG,
Oh… I am so torn about what to say here.

I did submit to my husband, 3 years ago. We picked up and moved for him to pursue his dream job. And we picked up and moved again when the dream job moved him to another city.

In city # 1, I was miserable. I never adjusted. I don’t think I ever would have. It just wasn’t for me.
In city #2, I was making good strides, starting to make friends, getting to know neighbors, but it still wasn’t home. DH actually was longing to move home more so than I was. I would have stayed there and would have been content if things had turned out differently.

Then he lost his job.

Before he even lost his job he was trying to find ways to move us back home.
And you know what? Things are just as good here as they were before. Our friends are still here and everything is just as it was. I don’t cry when I see their children getting bigger realizing that they don’t know who I am because they do know who I am. My family is here so that is a plus. The restaurants, commradery (sp?), fun times, football, everything that made home-home, is so great. When a friend has a birthday, I can go celebrate with them! When someone is having a baby, I am here for the shower and the event! When someone passes away, I don’t have to find an emergency ticket home!

But we have no children, so schools were not an issue. I adore the winters so that isn’t an issue. And basically, on the move home, we both knew it was something we wanted to do. On the other thread you posted, your DH posted some sound reasons that he thinks are behind your longing to move home. Those issues definitely deserve some consideration.

Lastly, don’t forget the other part of that verse- “Husbands, love your wives.”
 
Hey, Ann… I guess that means you aren’t near Cinci anymore. Good to hear from you. I was wondering what was up. Happy to hear it turned out OK.

You know, I moved to Texas and figured I’d be here 6 months, tops… I’ve now lived here longer than all other places combined. Not that I wouldn’t move, I miss the 4 seasons, but it is a disruption as we have a pediatrician we like, a church we like, a history we’ve created…

It is tough to leave all that… and then to find that the new location isn’t what you thought it would be. Definitely an issue. But as Zemi would quote: “It’s not easy, just worth it.” or something like that. We all want to avoid suffering… even in small ways, but as the other saying goes, “Life isn’t fair, and you should be happy it isn’t.”

Many people go to work every day to a job they don’t like. Come home to an ungrateful group of people. Or don’t have a home to come home to at all. It’s tough not to “feel right” about where you may live, but I’ve come to terms with the fact God will lead me where I need to be. I’m here, it’s not paradise (although many Texans would disagree), but I’m blessed abundantly.
 
Hey, Ann… I guess that means you aren’t near Cinci anymore. Good to hear from you. I was wondering what was up. Happy to hear it turned out OK.

You know, I moved to Texas and figured I’d be here 6 months, tops… I’ve now lived here longer than all other places combined. Not that I wouldn’t move, I miss the 4 seasons, but it is a disruption as we have a pediatrician we like, a church we like, a history we’ve created…

It is tough to leave all that… and then to find that the new location isn’t what you thought it would be. Definitely an issue. But as Zemi would quote: “It’s not easy, just worth it.” or something like that. We all want to avoid suffering… even in small ways, but as the other saying goes, “Life isn’t fair, and you should be happy it isn’t.”

Many people go to work every day to a job they don’t like. Come home to an ungrateful group of people. Or don’t have a home to come home to at all. It’s tough not to “feel right” about where you may live, but I’ve come to terms with the fact God will lead me where I need to be. I’m here, it’s not paradise (although many Texans would disagree), but I’m blessed abundantly.
That was so well put and what I needed reminding of today before my Emmaus retreat - going out to get some perspective. Whatever you decide WG hope to meet you meet someday should you ever be passing through or vice versa!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top