Rate the song above you

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocklobster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
2/10–Not a Country fan.
Here’s a great band I recently discovered. Their lead singer has one of the most passionate voices I’ve heard:
“So I Thought”
 
9/10 Very pretty song. I didn’t realize I’d heard it before until I was about midway through.
Here’s one of my favorite “new wave” tunes from the late 80’s, when it was starting to be called “alternative”:
“Policy of Truth” by Depeche Mode
 
9/10

I was first exposed to Flogging Molly in high school. Had a ton of Irish students, a bit of an Irish dynasty as a matter of fact. We had some 7 generations of a particular Irish family that all went to this school (that might be an exaggeration but I swear it was a ridiculous lineage, like at least 4 or 5 generations). But anyways, yeah they’re a pretty cool band.

My turn:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBvGQ60_p7I
 
9/10

I was first exposed to Flogging Molly in high school. Had a ton of Irish students, a bit of an Irish dynasty as a matter of fact. We had some 7 generations of a particular Irish family that all went to this school (that might be an exaggeration but I swear it was a ridiculous lineage, like at least 4 or 5 generations). But anyways, yeah they’re a pretty cool band.

My turn:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBvGQ60_p7I
7/10, main problem is they remind me to much of Night Wish 🤷

youtube.com/watch?v=waANSqM63To
 
7/10, main problem is they remind me to much of Night Wish 🤷

youtube.com/watch?v=waANSqM63To
Yeah what’s wrong with reminding you of Nightwish? It isn’t like they’re straight up clones, they just perform the same genre of music: Symphonic Metal. Of course there’s going to be similar sounding music in the same genre. Not to mention they’re from the same country, and certain sounds are definitely characteristic of cultures.

By the way I really like that song you posted. I’d give it an 8 or 9. Definitely going to check that band out.
 
Yeah what’s wrong with reminding you of Nightwish? It isn’t like they’re straight up clones, they just perform the same genre of music: Symphonic Metal. Of course there’s going to be similar sounding music in the same genre. Not to mention they’re from the same country, and certain sounds are definitely characteristic of cultures.

By the way I really like that song you posted. I’d give it an 8 or 9. Definitely going to check that band out.
Theres nothing really wrong with it, just when bands sound the same it often is easy to confuse the songs they preform.

Ill admit i judged to harshly, though i went from listenign to Amon Amarth to that so that might be why :D. so id give it an 8/10
 
9/10–a little long, but epicness!
“Hope is So Far Away”–Eyeshine
Note: This is a little-known band that could use more exposure. Not only is their lead singer a Christian, (I think I detect some Christianity in the lyrics for this song in particular) but he’s got a pretty well-known acting career. He was a Power Ranger and is also a voice actor. (you may know him as Ichigo on Bleach, or Lelouch on Code Geass)
 
I was wondering whats your guys thoughts on the song “Personal Jesus” by depeche mode? Thanks if you guys are still chillen in this forum.
 
6/10 I don’t enjoy country music to start with 😦 but this was a very nice song! The vocals were clean and inspirational. I loved the rhythm.

My song is: Just Me by Nate youtube.com/watch?v=Xoul9P61H_E
3/10
It’s not that it’s an awful song, I just really really despise rap music. It grinds on my last nerve. Sorry!

This is a remake of a song from the 80’s. I love how it starts out very slow, but picks up as the song progresses.
m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=Mz42uc8KnNk
 
3/10
It’s not that it’s an awful song, I just really really despise rap music. It grinds on my last nerve. Sorry!

This is a remake of a song from the 80’s. I love how it starts out very slow, but picks up as the song progresses.
m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=Mz42uc8KnNk
Sorry, the link you gave didn’t work for me?!? And I despise the rap music the media blasts on radios. They are teaching the youth about murder, drugs, sex, and degrading women at the same time. I listen to conscious hip-hop which focus’ philosophy and learning. Too bad the music industry lacks any talented lyricists (or anyone that has a brain) in the rap culture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top