S
Sir_Knight
Guest
Who ever said anything about shooting ANYONE in the back. You shoot at a threat to neutralize a threat. Someone with their back toward you is not a threat to you UNLESS they are about to attack another family member and even then, shooting them in the back is not a good idea because your loved one will be in the line of fire.Catholic teaching teaches legitimate self defence, there is nothing legitimate about shooting unarmed burgulars in the back.
What is so hard about being WITH a gun. I have a gun on my person right now as I type this in my home. I had a gun on me yesterday when I attended Sunday mass. AND, I know that at least one of the priests that was distributing the Eucharist during Communion also had a gun under his vestments.It is so hard to be just with a gun.
There is nothing hard about being with a gun.
So you do not believe in using the best tool possible to accomplish a task. Why? Why would you use something less effective? Do you do this in all other areas of your life as well?I am for protecting children, just not with guns - that is a sorry excuse to own a gun.
It means that they are not as prepared as they COULD BE to protect you.I have no doubt that my parents would protect me, yet they do not own a gun - does that mean they would not attempt to protect as much?
So your family has limits to what they would do to protect you. Given the fact that the church tells me that I have a GRAVE duty to protect my family, I place no limits on that responsibility.I doubt that even if we could get guns that my family would want to just so they could “protect their children”.
Reality has proved your conclusion to be wrong. Criminals want easy targets. Victims who are not as well armed as they are. When private citizens are allowed to carry guns, it puts everyone on the same playing field and the government’s own statistics have shown that violent crime has decresed in communities where private citizens are allowed to be armed.I am saying that guns are the most brilliant thing that has happened to violent criminals - in allowing guns, it does not make the situation any better, fighting fire with fire is not working.