Report: In 353 US Counties, 1.8 Million More Voters Than Eligible Citizens

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, you are sharing an article and not your own perspective. Okay. Thank you for sharing.
I am sharing my perspective. I think the NewsGuard site maybe at its founding tried to less bias and that that is why it added sites like Daily Wire and Daily Caller as trusted sites but that has changed and now Daily Wire and Daily Caller too are on the "Red list " - sites not to trust.

You seem to insist that 2020 that Vermont which only has a population of 623,000 now has over 503,000 registered voters when in prior years that was not the case at all , the registered voters were around 400,000 to 410,000. Percentage of registered voters do not change dramatically .
That did this year and for good reasons.

In 2016 14 to 17 year old kids could not vote.
They were fed with the high school shootings and want to make a change.
in 2020 these are now 18 to 21.

New registered voters want to see Trump voted out.

News Stories are every where concerning record voter registration during 2019 and 2020.
I just read a story about an 86 year old woman whom registered for the very first time just to vote Trump out of office.

that is why it added sites like Daily Wire and Daily Caller as trusted sites but that has changed and now
A site can challenge its rating with evidence. A site can only get different ratings over time through its behavior. Ex: if a site begins to correct errors and continues to do so then it’s rating in correcting errors could be updated. The ratings are not static.

Registered voters in Vermont, 2016: 471,619
Registered voters in Vermont, 2020: 502,607
31K increase
This is a 6.57% increase between the two.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

338,362 combined votes for Biden and Trump so far have been submitted.

Approximately 5% unreported remains.

Based on 2020 Registered Voters: 67% of registered voters voted
Based on 2016 Registered Voters: 71% of registered voters voted

Yes, both sides do it but this
I took it more as a statement on Fox than a statement on the Actors. But to bring this full circle…

The first video was on the election involving Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp in Georgia. For that election, Brian Kemp was running for Governor but was secretory of the state. This meant that he was in charge of the election in which he was a competitor. That scenario itself was questionable. While Kemp was running and after he won, it was asserted that he was able to use his position of being over the election to his advantage in the election.

Kemp was found to be in violation of the “Help America Vote Act.” According to a judge the attempt of Kemp’s office to expedite the certification of the results “appears to suggest the Secretary’s foregoing of its responsibility to confirm the accuracy of the results prior to final certification, including the assessment of whether serious provisional balloting count issues have been consistently and properly handled.”

Kemp had purged 670,000 voter registrations before the election. A month before the election there were about 53,000 voter registrations pending. Some, including Abrams, thought there was a lack of fairness in that election.
Stacey Abrams:
I have no empirical evidence that I would have achieved a higher number of votes. However, I have sufficient and I think legally sufficient doubt about the process to say that it was not a fair election.
Stacey initially considered challenging the results, but ultimately conceded. She went on to create “Fair Fight 2020” - an organization that concentrated on fighting for voter rights across 20 states. Her organization is credited with getting an estimated 800,000 people registered to vote in Georgia.
So 274,000 is equal to 68 percent what number is equal to 100 percent?
Divide the number by the percent in decimal form to get your answer.

Not that this has anything to do with the 2020 election.

Two other ways that can lead to more registered voters than the population of actual eligible voters:

When women marry and then change their names, move elsewhere and register at their new home under their married name, their maiden name often doesn’t get purged from the original voter roll though they’re long gone. Voila, the single woman’s ballot is available to them that want to play it. There are anecdotes of this happening in this election. Enough to make a difference? I don’t know, but it could have been a contributor alongside other contributors. Another reason voter rolls badly need proper auditing and editing. Why are the Democrats so dead set against this?

Also: voters in one state who have second homes in another state and register themselves in both states. There are alleged to be at least several thousand of these in NV, especially in the Las Vegas area as second homes are very common in Clark County as well as Lake Tahoe and Reno. Then it’s quite easy to do the mail-in ballot at both residences. So voter roll audits need some form of cross-state checking as well.

Divide the number by the percent in decimal form to get your answer.

Not that this has anything to do with the 2020 election.
Already did the math and gave the answer which is 403,000 but many are disagreeing.

Puer.dei quoted that the new figure/ number for this year of registered voters is 502,507 . That seems like a very high number of registered voters.

I guess they don’t have many children in Vermont because the whole population of the state is only 629,000 and the population has been stable for many years.

Last edited:
Puer.dei quoted that the new figure/ number for this year of registered voters is 502,507 . That seems like a very high number of registered voters.
Again, you can take it up with the state if you think they don’t know how many registered voters they have.

how did you figure that it is too high?
I guess they don’t have many children in Vermont because the whole population of the state is only 629,000 and the population has been stable for many years.
In 2019 an estimated 81.7% of the population was of voting age.

But take a look at this from 2018.

As of Tuesday morning, 481,111 state residents were listed on Vermont’s voter rolls, about 92.5 percent of the state’s approximately 520,000 eligible votes. That’s roughly 16,000 more than two years ago, when registration peaked ahead of election day in 2016.

Data from the secretary of state’s office shows the uptick in registered voters has been driven largely by the state’s new automatic voter registration system, which took effect in January 2017.

The system allows voters to register automatically when they receive or update their driver’s licenses, or other forms of identification, at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Between January 1 and October 11 of 2018, about 16,000 of the 30,400 voter registrations were completed through the new automatic system. About 7,000 of those registrations were completed using the secretary of state’s online system.

With driver’s licenses due to be renewed every four years, Secretary of State Jim Condos expects the new system will continue to bring in a spike of registrations for the next few years.

“It takes us a full cycle before we get everybody,” he said. “The goal is we’re going to get as many eligible Vermonters as possible to be registered to vote.”

Condos said that so far, voters have requested about 27,000 early voting ballots, and he thinks the number of early ballots cast in this year’s elections will surpass the number cast during the last midterm elections in 2014: roughly 34,000.

“We expect to see a huge influx of requests coming in in the next three weeks,” he said.

Vermont’s registration rate is higher than the national average, which is also climbing. National voting rights experts say Vermont “leads the way” on getting residents onto voter rolls. Only 70 percent of Americans reported being registered to vote in 2016, though the actual figure is probably about 10 points higher after figuring in people who did not answer the question.

40.png
gam197:
how did you figure that it is too high?
As of Tuesday morning, 481,111 state residents were listed on Vermont’s voter rolls, about 92.5 percent of the state’s approximately 520,000 eligible votes. That’s roughly 16,000 more than two years ago, when registration peaked ahead of election day in 2016.
The number seems too high with 520, 000 eligible voters in the state. in 2016 when the population of the state in 2016

I believe the state has 25 percent of the population is under age 18. There are children in the state.

The number seems too high with 520, 000 eligible voters in the state. in 2016 when the population of the state in 2016

I believe the state has 25 percent of the population is under age 18. There are children in the stat
According to the US census bureau
18.3% of the population in Vermont is under 18
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/VT

If you take
520,000 (eligible voters)/ 623657 (population for 2016) = 83.38% of the population is eligible to vote

I don’t believe that 520000 eligible voters is to high.
Considering that 2016 population estimates are not current.
and current us census bureau estimates 18.3% of the population in Vermont is under 18

Last edited:
How are you getting 471,619 for registered voters at 100% if 68% of registered voters in 2016 was 274.000?
I am not using registered voters, I am using the current number combined votes for Trump and Biden.

Current Status
338362 / 502,607 *100 = 67%
Assuming that was not an increase in registered voters:
338362 / 471619 * 100 = 71%

Not much change in Voter Participation either way.

40.png
gam197:
e number seems too high with 520, 000 eligible voters in the state. in 2016 when the population of the state in 2016

I believe the state has 25 percent of the population is under age 18. There are children in the stat
According to the US census bureau
18.3% of the population in Vermont is under 18
So now Vermont has no children or very few. children

No Vermont has 24 percent under age 18(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
If you take
520,000 (eligible voters)/ 623657 (population for 2016) = 83.38% of the population is eligible to vote

I don’t believe that 520000 eligible voters is too high.
Considering that 2016 population estimates are not current.
and current us census bureau estimates 18.3% of the population in Vermont is under 18
40.png
gam197:
How are you getting 471,619 for registered voters at 100% if 68% of registered voters in 2016 was 274.000?
I am not using registered voters, I am using the current number combined votes for Trump and Biden.

Current Status
338362 / 502,607 *100 = 67%
Assuming that was not an increase in registered voters:
338362 / 471619 * 100 = 71%

Not much change in Voter Participation either way.

You are taking this 520,000 voter registration number out of a population of 629,000 million and everyone as we know does not register to vote.

If you do the math and base it on the 2016 number (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Which equal 403,000 then 338.000 is almost 84 percent of the population voted, an unheard number of turn out in any election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back