Republicans sue to toss out legally-cast ballots

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So…
Unreliable as it is in disagreement with itself.
Untrusted as it is extremely biased.
There are two cases, one in Texas and one in Federal Court.
So why should anyone make a comment one way or the other. It is rumor at best, calumny at worst.
Why don’t you simply believe the truth?

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I see a heavily biased story that may not be presenting all of the facts.
I’m curious. Is your reticence to believe the story because if it was true you would think that what the Republicans are doing is wrong, trying to disenfranchise 117,000 voters in a highly Democratic area?

I’m curious. Is your reticence to believe the story because if it was true you would think that what the Republicans are doing is wrong, trying to disenfranchise 117,000 voters in a highly Democratic area?
It opens up an interesting question.
If ballots are incorrectly cast, what should be done with them?

There are reasons for regulations as to how a ballot should or should not be cast.
Failure to follow the rules makes it much more difficult to certify the results properly…and also makes it easier to fraudulently certify a result.

If the rules have not been followed properly, then it is the responsibility of the party that failed to notify everyone and have their vote recast.
Likewise, this responsible party should be made to repay all for any problems this creates.

It matters not to me what the vote may or may not be. Rules are rules.

It matters not to me what the vote may or may not be. Rules are rules.
Thank you for your reply.

It seems the rules were indeed followed.

I’m troubled that the reasoning is simply that these properly-cast ballots by registered voters shouldn’t be counted because they were cast in a non-traditional venue that the law seems to allow and that the Secretary of State approved.

It’s informative that the Democrats are trying to expand voting opportunities and the Republicans are selectively trying to restrict them. Now, I agree that votes should be properly cast by proper voters. I just don’t think your election strategy should be to try to disenfranchise your opponent’s supporters through the courts.

Last edited:
Denial isn’t a virtue. But it doesn’t matter anyway because Trump’s going to win.
Careful, anything could happen.

I really hope not-Biden wins, but don’t go calling the election too early.

Remember four years ago and we were all so sure HRC would win?😱

Remember four years ago and we were all so sure HRC would win?😱
I am not going to call the race for Trump.
I simply do not know.

Actually, I do. But don’t know if it is what actually is or if it what I want to see.

But I can say for certain last election I new almost a month early that Hillary was going to lose.

Last edited:
If there is a legal action pending, it would appear that is in question.
This is only true in the sense that literally anything can be phrased in form of a question, and almost anything can be sued for, even if the suit is summarily dismissed, as this one was, by two conservative judges.

It is hard to argue when the Republican government approves a method that another Republican wants to used to cut out voters. To quote a great military mind, “It’s a trap.”

They also physically stopped Biden from campaigning in Texas this week.
Lol
Biden has SS with him everywhere he goes. Where is the photo and name of the person or persons who physically stopped him ? Surely they would have been taken into custody in short order.
Do you know how misogynistic this sounds
No, considering the fact that I said I would rather see Harris in The Situation Room and Gabbard in the White House, it’s just a baseless accusation.

And I disagree that Biden might be a little bit sharper than Trump.

Last edited:
Where is the photo and name of the person or persons who physically stopped him ?
I said they stopped him from campaigning. While Biden may have security, his staff does not. It is not unreasonable to see that they could be put in serious danger when these…people… have physically attacked his staff on the highway. I never thought that I would see the day that Texans would lead the way into such uncivilized behavior. I do not want the state to turn blue, but if the GOP cannot do a better job of keeping the troops in line, I will not support even local officials.

Last edited:
Exactly.Im hopefully optimistic but very nervous at the same time

CradleRC58 . .
What concerns me the most is the plan of the Democrats to back door the first female president.
Biden Democrat campaign seems to be morphing into a Marxist
“Harris 2021” campaign.

I don’t trust the polls in any way shape or form this time around.

Trump will win unless the dems find a way to cheat. And there’s no reason to think they won’t try. They never accepted the results of the last election. They tried to remove Trump from office even though they realized it wasn’t possible with a senate controlled by the Republican Party. (And did it knowing we were going to get slammed by a pandemic)

The majority of voters appear to back Trump despite the polls. And in conversations with my neighbors and former co-workers who vote Democrat, only about half indicated they are voting for Biden for sure. The co-workers are young and most of them are Bernie supporters. A lot of them said they were considering not voting now. They don’t like Hillary and they blame her for Biden being the nominee.

But that’s just a small sample of people I happen to know. But I truly believe that if it were in person voting only, by 10 or 11 pm EST. tomorrow night Trump would have it sewed up.

One other thing, on my trip to the grocery today driving through two residential areas, I saw one Trump sign in the front yard and three Biden signs. In 2016 I would have counted perhaps 30-40 Clinton signs. They were everywhere.

Yea, Trump is going to win imo … No doubts at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back