Responses to Unwelcome Comments on Family Size

• Thread starter Thread starter Ham1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Ham1

I think many of us are always looking for good “comebacks”, responses, whatever.

What have you used or thought of using when someone says:

“So, you gonna have any more?”

“You’re pregnant again?”

“Are you done now?”

“Don’t you know what causes that?”

You get the idea.

Please post some of your favorite questions and responses. The wittier the better. 😃

Not too witty, but I just love coming into work all tired out from sleeping in the chair with another sick kid and smiling about it. Or saying something like “all part of the grand adventure!” with a great big grin. Really stymies them I think.

I like to smile and answer: “However many God gives us!” Of course, so far we only have two, so it doesn’t come up all that often. 😃

Another good response is “I’ve always hoped for a large family.”

I always say to them, " just think if you’re mom and dad decided to stop with your older sibling, we wouldn’t be having this conversation now would we???" 😃

Get’s em every time… 😛

Some my wife and I have used (we have four so far in only 6 yrs):
  • What? and be selfish like many other people who refuse to give their child a sibling? :cool:
  • Yeah, isn’t it great!? 👍
  • We’ve only just begun, what are you talkin’ about. 🙂
  • You know a quiver holds 12 arrows? 😃
  • my favorite: Hell yeah! :clapping:

40.png
Ham1:
I think many of us are always looking for good “comebacks”, responses, whatever.

What have you used or thought of using when someone says:

“So, you gonna have any more?”

“You’re pregnant again?”

“Are you done now?”

You get the idea.

Please post some of your favorite questions and responses. The wittier the better. 😃
How’s this one…

"YES! And we’ll do it again and again until my wife (or husband) and I spawn an ARMY OF CATHOLICS and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Muah Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

“You’re pregnant again?”
No I just ate the last one.

“Are you done now?”
Not all of us go through menopause at an early age.

An incredibly virile husband. I noticed you don’t have many kids.

Those might be a bit mean though.

Shibboleth said:
“You’re pregnant again?”
No I just ate the last one.

“Are you done now?”
Not all of us go through menopause at an early age.

An incredibly virile husband. I noticed you don’t have many kids.

Those might be a bit mean though.

That’s what I’m talking about 😉

Todd…excellent.

That wasn’t mean…this was mean:

Once, I kind of slipped.

I told a group of 5 or 6 people at work that we were expecting #3 (#1 was a little over 2). My boss responds with, “Damn, how many kids are you gonna have?”

I replied, “like it’s any of your f—ing business.”

He turned red and left the room. Then, everyone else laughed. I didn’t get fired. In fact, we’re friends and he has kids now.

Another time…

Large party with friends and family. Uncle (who has been talking to some of my friends who have clans of young children) says, “Man, what is with all you guys and all your kids?!”

I said, “Oh, see we’re actually Catholic…not just ‘pretend’ catholic.”

Ok admittedly, these 2 are not as good as Todd’s.

My favorite comes from the DCF forum

So which one of my kids do you wish did not exist? --OK that one is a little cold but it gets to the point quite well IMHO.

There is also a shirt you can buy that says something like …

Yes I am Catholic, yes these are my kids, yes I know where they come from.

I know but I just cant STAND going a whole year without another tax write off

I’ll have to keep these responses in mind for the next time we’re out in public. My wife and I have been married for almost seven years and we have 6 children. Our last was a set of triplets which are now 8 1/2 months old. One of the latest comments I received was “Are they all yours?!” Have any comebacks on that one?

“Are they all yours?”
Only four more payments.
Finders keepers!

I’ll keep thinking and see if I can come up with some more.

40.png
matthew1624:
One of the latest comments I received was “Are they all yours?!” Have any comebacks on that one?
Yeah, aint it great, it was a 3 for 1 sale

40.png
matthew1624:
I’ll have to keep these responses in mind for the next time we’re out in public. My wife and I have been married for almost seven years and we have 6 children. Our last was a set of triplets which are now 8 1/2 months old. One of the latest comments I received was “Are they all yours?!” Have any comebacks on that one?
I think so. They don’t look anything like the mailman.

40.png
Cephas:
Some my wife and I have used (we have four so far in only 6 yrs):
  • What? and be selfish like many other people who refuse to give their child a sibling? :cool:
  • Yeah, isn’t it great!? 👍
  • We’ve only just begun, what are you talkin’ about. 🙂
  • You know a quiver holds 12 arrows? 😃
  • my favorite: Hell yeah! :clapping:
ditto ditto ditto ditto and oh yeah Ditto.

My neighbor said the other day that is almost not fair your 14 year old takes such good care of your 15 month old. I said yeah he will make a good father someday.

Q: Ever hear of birth control?

R: Well, I was thinking of putting my wife on a medication that increased her risk of heart attacks, thrombosis, and breast cancer, but maybe I will just ask her to undergo major surgery instead. Thanks for the advice. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back