Rove E-Mail Sought by Congress May Be Missing

  • Thread starter Thread starter john1863
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part is the optimum word. Also it seems to me they have started their WITCH HUND quite well. Inuendo and speculation made public does not make something true.

The Republicans found that running the country while at war tended to keep them occupied and left very little time for the WITCH HUNT. But then it is just my opioion and history will prove who is correct.
A. A witch hunt means that you are looking for something that does not exist simply to create a scandal. No one denies that corrupt government officials exist and there are often a lot of them.

B. History and facts already negate the idea that the last Congress was “occupied.” Unless one means occupied by the Executive Branch. The last Congress worked a total of 103 days; the least number of days worked by any Congress ever. We know that they provided next to no oversight, but they didn’t even pass legislation in those 103 days?
 
A. A witch hunt means that you are looking for something that does not exist simply to create a scandal. No one denies that corrupt government officials exist and there are often a lot of them.

B. History and facts already negate the idea that the last Congress was “occupied.” Unless one means occupied by the Executive Branch. The last Congress worked a total of 103 days; the least number of days worked by any Congress ever. We know that they provided next to no oversight, but they didn’t even pass legislation in those 103 days?
Durinyg their 103 days did they ever leave our troops in a finacial crunch while they took a vacatiopn? Did they ever spend thier vacation running down their counrty in the presence of brutal dicatators.? Did they embarass our allies by telling bold faced lies about non-existent diplomatic massages? Given their shameful first 100 days the best thing this congress could do is go home for good.
 
I’m very interested in the “straw man” response as a defense with regard to the missing e-mails, the aforequoted being a reference to “you pro-choice”… and so on. There is simply no doubt that these Bush administration hacks like Pat Robertson’s Messiah College Monica Goodling as well as the historically ignorant war advisors have stumbled, bungled and misread every challenge they’ve faced. But, what do I know? I’m pro-choice.
 
I’m very interested in the “straw man” response as a defense with regard to the missing e-mails, the aforequoted being a reference to “you pro-choice”… and so on. There is simply no doubt that these Bush administration hacks like Pat Robertson’s Messiah College Monica Goodling as well as the historically ignorant war advisors have stumbled, bungled and misread every challenge they’ve faced. But, what do I know? I’m pro-choice.
So now we add a little religious bigotry to the mix.
 
The point is that if Ms. Ralston and others were using the RNC accounts to do government business and avoid “security issues,” they may have violated the law. Furthermore, if it’s something that everyone is doing to avoid “security issues” then it’s a potential conspiracy to break the law by key members of the Executive Branch.

They admit that they “screwed up.” It’s just not clear what they mean by it.
Actually, Government email accounts are not supposed to be used for politcal purposes. Her training would have informed her of that.

Likewise the use of the RNC laptop vs. the WH computer.
 
Actually, Government email accounts are not supposed to be used for politcal purposes. Her training would have informed her of that.

Likewise the use of the RNC laptop vs. the WH computer.
Right. But if the RNC accounts were used for government business, they were supposed to keep a records. That’s the responsibility of the government official, not the RNC.
 
I am certainly not a religious bigot, but the fact that Bush has appointed 150 tier 4, Regent Law School graduates to prominent political positions is certainly a point to be pondered, discussed and argued. And yes, I do admit to calling them, “hacks.”

Admittedly, I am new to this website and the mode of discussion herein, buy I am very surprised at the manner in which I am so quickly attacked ad-hominem. Furthermore, I’m also concerned that the fact that I respect the laws of the land with regard to Roe v. Wade will make any arguement which I may purport instantly nullified by the “straw man” fallacy.
 
REMINDER

Participants are reminded that charity is essential to our discussions here. Please avoid name calling and other uncharitable acts towards each other and people in the news.

If you wish to review the subject, please see Charity for specifics, or CAF rules for an overview, both of which are located in the Rules of the Road sub-forum.
 
No telling what the evil Bushies will do next! Do you think next we’ll learn they were rennting out the Lincoln Bedroom to the Highest Bidder and or sexually harrasiing and having adulterous affiars with the young women who work in the White House?
Adultery is not a crime, but rather, a religious tenet. Furthermore, we know that Clinton did take the “high road” and chose to not to call a young woman an “adulteress.” The extent to which we even should have known about his private sin is also suspect in that it was certainly not material to the case against him. Please let that travesty of justice be forgotten and focus now on the man and his cronies who have proven to be disingenuous, have real blood on their hands and continue to perpetuate Anti-Christ like behaviors.

“Thou shalt not kill.”
 
Adultery is not a crime, but rather, a religious tenet. Furthermore, we know that Clinton did take the “high road” and chose to not to call a young woman an “adulteress.” The extent to which we even should have known about his private sin is also suspect in that it was certainly not material to the case against him. Please let that travesty of justice be forgotten and focus now on the man and his cronies who have proven to be disingenuous, have real blood on their hands and continue to perpetuate Anti-Christ like behaviors.

“Thou shalt not kill.”
For the 100th time, Mr. Clinton was not impeached for his moral conduct. He lied to a grand jury. This is not permitted no matter what the grand jury asks.
 
For the 100th time, Mr. Clinton was not impeached for his moral conduct. He lied to a grand jury. This is not permitted no matter what the grand jury asks.
Defendant is on trial for being publicly drunk and this case has somehow made its way to K. Starr’s jurisdiction:

K. Starr: "When you were a child, did you peek in the door when your Aunt Bertha was with….?”

Defendant: “No. I would never do that.”

K. Starr: Your honor, I present your childhood best friend who will testify that you did in fact see Aunt Bertha….”

For the 1000th time, that’s what the quoted argument amounts to. (pardon the prepositional ending)
 
I am certainly not a religious bigot, but the fact that Bush has appointed 150 tier 4, Regent Law School graduates to prominent political positions is certainly a point to be pondered, discussed and argued. And yes, I do admit to calling them, “hacks.”

Admittedly, I am new to this website and the mode of discussion herein, buy I am very surprised at the manner in which I am so quickly attacked ad-hominem. Furthermore, I’m also concerned that the fact that I respect the laws of the land with regard to Roe v. Wade will make any arguement which I may purport instantly nullified by the “straw man” fallacy.
Charity in all things. What evidence do you have that these attorneys are “hacks”. I’ll answer for you—NONE. Makes statements but be prepared to back them up with facts.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
 
Charity in all things. What evidence do you have that these attorneys are “hacks”. I’ll answer for you—NONE. Makes statements but be prepared to back them up with facts.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
I’m loving this forum! And May God Bless you with showers of grace, bright sunny mornings and beautiful sunsets.

And what proof do I have that Monica Goodling is a hack? Does the fact that she did what no Department of Justice employee has ever done and exercised her Fifth Amendment rights with respect to her official conduct? A “hack” in this case is a person who does his/her job but does not do it well. I certainly can argue that she is a hack and not be out of line.
 
I’m loving this forum! And May God Bless you with showers of grace, bright sunny mornings and beautiful sunsets.

And what proof do I have that Monica Goodling is a hack? Does the fact that she did what no Department of Justice employee has ever done and exercised her Fifth Amendment rights with respect to her official conduct? A “hack” in this case is a person who does his/her job but does not do it well. I certainly can argue that she is a hack and not be out of line.
That’s one attorney. What about the other “hacks”. And every day is bright and sunny to me. After having a very serious illness, I am grateful for every day God gives me.l Thanks for the sarcasm.
 
That’s one attorney. What about the other “hacks”. And every day is bright and sunny to me. After having a very serious illness, I am grateful for every day God gives me.l Thanks for the sarcasm.
No sarcasm. I meant that sincerely. I have trouble with arguments and will present sarcasm to contend the point, not the messenger bringing the point. Sincerely, God Bless and I’m glad that you are here on the beautiful day.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top