G
gubernova
Guest
Money is the root of all evil… St. Timothy
Opinion piece.
The point was it is disingenuous to claim someone like Paul Ryan is in the pockets of corporations when the man he is commenting on had more financial suppprt from corporations than any person in history. Best to leave that sort of comment out - its one you can’t use to defend Obama or attack his critics on.My head is spinning about this. Occasionally I hear of conservatives boasting about how ‘business leaders’ want Obama out of office as a good thing. Now we hear about how much ‘business leaders’ supported Obama in 2008. Implying what? That he successfully did what most Republican candidates (as well as Democratic ones) can only dream of doing: agrnering more campaign contributions than any prevoius candidate? At any rate, we can be sure that record will be broken in 2012, and again in 2016. If one thing is certain about politics in this country, it is that money is becoming ever mroe the deciding factor. I of course, being the cynic that I am, never doubted much that Obama was in somebody’s pocket, like the banks his admin has bailed out. That is why I can’t but laugh at theories that he is a Marxist agent trying to topple the American way of life and replace it communism.
When the Soviet Union was communist, did their leaders live like their subjects? What about North Korea, does Kim Jong-il live like his subjects?That is why I can’t but laugh at theories that he is a Marxist agent trying to topple the American way of life and replace it-] communism/-] socialism.
In fairness, Kim’s barber-budget is way below that of his fellow countrymen.When the Soviet Union was communist, did their leaders live like their subjects? What about North Korea, does Kim Jong-il live like his subjects?
Maybe this will help. It took about 1 minute to look it up. The first few hits on googleWhere does this say he follows the teachings of Ayn Rand? Where does it say he embraces " objectivism"
Lots of opinion piecces but nothing from Ryan himself saying he follows the teachings of Ayn Rand. in fact it looks like the usual co-ordinated left wing attack on a Conservative they fear.Maybe this will help. It took about 1 minute to look it up. The first few hits on google
Here’s and interesting article to the point.
crooksandliars.com/john-amato/paul-ryans-ayn-rand-love-gets-called-ou
Paul Ryan’s Ayn Rand Problem | Swampland | TIME.com
Jun 3, 2011 … I am fairly certain that when Paul Ryan first decided to publicly share his admiration of Ayn Rand, he could not have imagined it would lead to …
swampland.time.com/2011/06/03/paul-ryans-ayn-rand-problem/
The Echoes of Ayn Rand in Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan - Garance …
Apr 11, 2011 … Jonathan Chait examines the intellectual underpinnings of the movement to slash budgets – and…
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/04/the-echoes-of-ayn-rand-in-paul-ryans-budget-plan/237082/
Paul Ryan’s Ayn Rand love gets called out by a ‘Catholic’ at Faith …
Jun 5, 2011 … Paul Ryan has made his love for Ayn Rand very public. Rand influences everything he does when it comes to his budgetary policies. If you’ve …
crooksandliars.com/john-amato/paul-ryans-ayn-rand-love-gets-called-ou
Paul Ryan And Ayn Rand | The New Republic
Dec 28, 2010 … If Paul Ryan had just uttered some throwaway words about Ayn Rand to butter up his audience, that would be one thing. But requiring his …
www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/80552/paul-ryan-and-ayn-rand
New
At least they had the consistency to eradicate the previous economic elites and pass a few socialistic policies before they started living the high life. And I’m not talking about how Obama lives, I’m saying that he bargained with the established corporate elite just like everyone else has to to be president. Btw, the comparison of the Obama admin to the USSR or North Korea makes clear enough just how excessive the claim that Obama is a socialist really is.When the Soviet Union was communist, did their leaders live like their subjects? What about North Korea, does Kim Jong-il live like his subjects?
If you were to make known you fondness for its conctents, then I would be suspicious.I read Mein Kampf. I guess I’m a Nazi.
I’m not saying Obama leads an excessive lifestyle. My point was that elites do benefit from socialism and communism. You inferred that communism doesn’t benefit leaders.At least they had the consistency to eradicate the previous economic elites and pass a few socialistic policies before they started living the high life. And I’m not talking about how Obama lives, I’m saying that he bargained with the established corporate elite just like everyone else has to to be president. Btw, the comparison of the Obama admin to the USSR or North Korea makes clear enough just how excessive the claim that Obama is a socialist really is.
If you were to make known you fondness for its conctents, then I would be suspicious.
Well it doesn’t benefit the CEOs of fortune 500 companies. The government giving money to banks in a desperate attempt to keep them afloat isn’t communism, by the way. It’s just a scramble to keep things on an even keel in the short run without concern for the long run. Much as we try to find ideological motives for what they do, most politicians’ behavior can be fairly easily explained by a quote from John Travolta’s character in swordfish about politicians having a four year shelf-life.I’m not saying Obama leads an excessive lifestyle. My point was that elites do benefit from socialism and communism. You inferred that communism doesn’t benefit leaders.
In difficult times, a wise man once said, it’s important to state the obvious. So here goes.
Barack Obama cannot run for re-election touting his success in economic matters. That’s mainly because he’s had no success in economic matters. He can’t brag about a low unemployment rate – not when it’s over 9 percent. He can’t boast about the growing economy, which is barely growing and may even slide back into recession. He can’t tell the voters about all the new, clean, green jobs he’s creating, because he isn’t. (Can you say Solyndra?) And perhaps you’ve noticed that he’s already stopped talking about how many millions of any-kind-of jobs his administration has “created or saved” and is now talking about all the jobs his policies have “supported,” whatever that means.
So what can he do? Only one thing: Wage class warfare. Turn Americans against each other based on envy. Divide Americans into two camps: the “greedy” rich who don’t contribute their “fair share” on one side … and all the downtrodden, decent people struggling for a better life on the other.
Pitting Americans against each other simply for personal political gain would be bad enough. But for a president who rode into office on a magic carpet of lofty promises about hopes and dreams to make America a better, post-partisan place, this is truly despicable.
Nothing – absolutely nothing – is the same as race in America, but something like this politics of division has been tried before. Racist politicians in the Old South divided Americans based on the color of their skin – and they did it for just one reason: to win elections. They didn’t care about the harm they were doing. They cared only about themselves…
So we depend on a a 12 year old blog as the definitive on objectivism??He proclaims he follows the teachings of Ayn Rand and encourages her work to be read to those around him…This has been stated in the news. I have read her works and please don’t attack me for being liberal. It would be uncharitable to be called a liar…Paul Ryan not rand Paul…enlightenment.supersaturated.com/essays/text/irfankhawaja/bethindividualism.html shows a debate on Randist objectivism vs. Catholicism.
It definitely shows something about his character (or lack of). His heart is not with the citizens of our country. It’s with his insane idea of what he thinks our country should be and the fact that he should be on top no matter what.Thought that Bernie Goldberg had a nice article the other day on what Obama is up to. The President does not much success to run on, and what little success he can point to tends to be unpopular with the public - like Obamacare. So to try and win, he is going to do what he can by turning Americans against Americans.
“How Obama Will Try to Win”
bernardgoldberg.com/obamas-strategy-to-win-re-election/
From Bernie’s article:
It captures the debate well…If you can tell me Randist thought has changed then I guess I can argue Marxist thought has changed…Skeptisim is not a valid argument. I guess you can tell me the world is flat and I have to respect your opinion.So we depend on a a 12 year old blog as the definitive on objectivism??
I’ve always like Bernie. He has the kind of wit that even Sobran would laud.Thought that Bernie Goldberg had a nice article the other day on what Obama is up to. The President does not much success to run on, and what little success he can point to tends to be unpopular with the public - like Obamacare. So to try and win, he is going to do what he can by turning Americans against Americans.
“How Obama Will Try to Win”
bernardgoldberg.com/obamas-strategy-to-win-re-election/
From Bernie’s article:
Ummmmmm, no.Money is the root of all evil… St. Timothy
I missed where the 12 year old story mentioned that Paul Ryan was an “Objectivist”It captures the debate well…If you can tell me Randist thought has changed then I guess I can argue Marxist thought has changed…Skeptisim is not a valid argument. I guess you can tell me the world is flat and I have to respect your opinion.