Saying our goodbyes

• Thread starter Thread starter Pattylt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everybody! I’m staying until the bitter end, but since who knows where folks will be I want to give a big thank you to all you guys and for putting up with me 😉 I feel like I should be handing each of you my yearbook to sign.

I’ve missed out on some information as I have read the forum is closing, but no idea why. I’m not always here but there have been some really good threads. Special kudos to everyone who had a kind answer for those asking (even when threads were repeated) , it is part of the work of being a good “envelope”. My very best wishes to you all.

Hey, everybody! I’m staying until the bitter end, but since who knows where folks will be I want to give a big thank you to all you guys and for putting up with me 😉 I feel like I should be handing each of you my yearbook to sign.
I always wish that people could meet in person. Face to face is always more charitable and productive. At least for me.

48.png
goout:
Face to face is always more charitable and productive.
No, I’m just as rude in person 🙂
I really am not. The internet brings out the worst in me. If I can’t see a face it becomes an intellectual exercise that somehow loses the empathy I would normally have with someone. It’s odd really.

I agree…even a name can throw one off. Lol, but for a long time I read yours as gout! Sorry.

Thankyou so much to all of my friends in CAF for all 16 years I have been on & off here under my name francisca and francisca.chapter2,3,4,5

All of those times, the Lord has taught me a lot of things through CAF. Thankyou so much for all CAF moderators and admins for being patient with me. Much love in the Lord.

You guys have done good work pleasing to the Lord.

John 12:24
Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruits

May the Lord bless you all! You are sent into the world now, to bear even much more fruits pleasing to the Lord! Alleluia!

I just posted on another thread about a discussion from my first month. It got me thinking of one person that I have not thanked, and I apologize if someone mentioned this that I missed. That would be Karl Keating, the man who founded this place. I have enjoyed his books, his magazine, and his website. Between now and the end of the year, I am going to pray for him to be blessed every time I jump on CAF for all the blessing he has given me and others.

I just wandered back into the forum, today, after being away for most of the past several years, and was surprised to see that it’s closing! I suppose it’s not really that surprising considering the fact that I used to spend a lot of time here. I left because of issues in real life that took most of my time and focus. But, whenever I peeked in (once in a while), it got to the point that I saw a lot of nastiness that I hadn’t seen as much of when I was a regular. That’s one of the main reasons that I haven’t been back very often in the past few years. It’s still very sad that it has gotten to this point.

I have a lot of great memories of some excellent debates that I’ve engaged in over the years, with many different people over a variety of topics. So, it’s bittersweet for me to come back and find that the forum will be closing down. 😦

When is it scheduled to finally close?

Last edited:
48.png
CA Forums Shutting Down Patrons
A message from the President of Catholic Answers Dear Members and Patrons of the Catholic Answers Forums, On Thursday December 31 at 5pm PT, Catholic Answers will close the Catholic Answers Forums (CAF). I have made the decision to close the CAF after lengthy consultation with the Catholic Answers executive committee and board of trustees. Because Catholic Answers has limited resources, we are always evaluating our programs to determine if they provide a good return on investment. I understan…

Last edited:
When is it scheduled to finally close?
December 31st. And from what we’ve been able to decipher, the entire forum will be deleted. They have no plans to archive any of it. Yes, it’s very sad for those of us that have made cyber friends and had some very good discussions. There are so many that I will miss…

pretty much what I’m posting elsewhere:
[so long to all. I doubt I’ll be back after today. The walls are crumbling, it takes forever to load, and I’m not turning security down on my machine far enough to deal with the intrusive tracking and ad pushing. Plus, my password has stopped working, and I can’t log in in a private window.]

@dochawk, I want to thank you for your great threads where you defended Orthodox Catholisim, your great sense of humor, your incredible technology knowledge and your sharp wit! You have truly been a pleasure to interact with!

May your fireplace be finished soon and may your cats always bring you pomegranates! I will sincerely miss you. ❤️

Greetings to you , Sitser In Christ…

As it stands, this is the first opportunity I have had to join after having not been here since around 2017 or 2018, when registration was locked due to the moderation problems that existed back then.

I only received news of the closing decision in November, hence why I wanted to
Could I ask, did you have a different username back then ? That may help others remember.

Sigh, goodbye all :hugs: I will be joining other forums to fill in the real life void of interaction ,friendship and affirmation of others catholic and non catholics .
Is anyone in contact with jcrichton ? I appreciated his posts very much ,and his kind help through PM’s through difficult times .
A pleasure to interacted with ,read of you all God bless and prayers always.

I will be joining other forums to fill in the real life void of interaction ,friendship and affirmation of others catholic and non catholics
Here is a list of other forums if you need it…
48.png
Working list of alternative Catholic forums and similar media Evangelization
I would like to begin keeping a list of alternative Catholic forums to replace this one due to the impending shutdown of CAF on December 31, 2020. There are no forums that are near substitutes for CAF in terms of the size or volume of posts. This is actually a good thing IMHO. Thus, what follows is a list of smaller forums for your consideration. Take some time to consider supporting one or more of them. Please ensure that additions to this list are in communion with the Holy See. There are m…

I want to thank all of the faithful souls on CAF who have prayed for me for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back