G
Guinness
Guest
Not pointlessly. They do a pretty good job of indoctrinating kids against the NRA and gun owners, which is probably the real point.
Last edited:
Another example of pointlessly terrorizing kids.in the generation prior it was bomb drills
Knowing now how close the Cold War came to going hot, I wouldn’t say it was pointless. Just mostly pointless to shelter under a plywood desk.Another example of pointlessly terrorizing kids.
Sheltering under a plywood desk during a nuclear attack is completely pointless.Knowing now how close the Cold War came to going hot, I wouldn’t say it was pointless. Just mostly pointless to shelter under a plywood desk.
The only way to school your kids!Let me guess, you are talking about home-schooling with guns in the home?
How would you defend them? I ask because my wife is a teacher and they had training just for the teachers on what to do. They even played out some scenarios with volunteers. It basically came down to have everyone throw something at the shooter if he did get into the room. Your eyes seem to follow any movement and it might gain you a little time. Not sure what good it would do though since she teaches 2nd grade.And even if it just gets the kids to get into one part of my room so I can defend them, if necessary, then it’s a good thing.
Not the case where she teaches where the windows are normal height and you can see in or out.The rooms I teach in are very closed off, with high windows that pretty much won’t let anyone look in, even when wide-open. I’ve blocked the little window on my door so people can’t look in.
The can lock each classroom door and only have a small window on the door.If they get through the locked door, they have to push through a barricade (we have a cart for chromebooks that can be tilted over, which pretty much wedges the door shut and inaccessible) my go-to is a fire extinguisher as a club. If they REALLY wanted to get a clean shot off at my students or me, they’d have to put themselves in a very vulnerable position to do it.
The active shooter training staff (mostly police officers) told them if they are outside (playground, etc.) then they should not go back into the building.If the alarms go off when we’re out on campus, that’s more a toss-up. Most rooms are designed like the one I described though. Even if we chose to not barricade, to let others in, the angles of most rooms on my campus would allow me to lay in wait with something heavy and bludgeon away before a line of fire could be found.
I think quite a few teachers would protect their students any way they couldThe portable rooms would be trickier because they’re essentially big boxes. I’ve resigned myself to being a human barricade if that ever happens. I’d rather take a bullet than let one of my students.
Not the typical size of most teachers - at least where she teaches.Though I’m also a gigantic man, so, bludgeoning people comes easily to me.
Good idea.Every time I’m subbing at a new job site, I want to know where the fire extinguisher is, where the AED is, the nearest fire exit, and what inner room I can herd the kiddos into just in case.
Where my wife teaches it was voluntary training for teachers only. They did not have any training for students.I just don’t think it a good idea to drag the kids through something unless there is a probability of the event.
Nobody is advocating ignoring the problem, freaking out a bunch of 1st and 2nd graders is also not helping anything.Sticking our heads into the sand and ignoring this problem won’t help anything.
I could even see mandatory training for teachers, but training for kindergartners, 1st graders, and 2nd graders is silly.Where my wife teaches it was voluntary training for teachers only. They did not have any training for students.