SCOTUS rejects Texas' bid to overturn election

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was but one lawsuit out of many, SCOTUS may act positively on some of the others. I’ve heard, this is only one.

I wonder if any of the posters who smugly told everyone to prepare for the Supreme Court to hand Trump a second term have the integrity to come back and eat crow, or if they’re just going to slink off into the night.

I kind of hope they will slink off into the night but there are still some “true believers” around who continue to push the fantasy of a stolen election. After 50+ losses in court.

They aren’t bordering on idolatry, they are idolatrous. Which AFAIK is a mortal sin.

Last edited:
I think there are still people 50 years after the fact that think the moon landing was faked.

Even one ultra-right wing traditionalist Catholic website has turned to calling it idolatry. (tip to @StudentMI)

I suspect many will wait until he announces his next “Big Thing,” and then they’ll put all their eggs in that basket.

I suspect many will wait until he announces his next “Big Thing,” and then they’ll put all their eggs in that basket.
And every basket so far has had it’s bottom fall out and the eggs go splat.

Nor would the want another 9-0 ruling against them. If nothing else, this floundering about has united the Supreme Court.
We still have January 6 votes. They are some republicans that have said they will object to the Electoral Votes from the Swing States that Biden won.

There have been two, and the refuse to hear either. There is no reason to even think they will change their mind in the Monday, the last day before the Electoral College. As I have said for the last four weeks, time will not stop. It marches on. After four weeks of failing to convince anyone outside their own circle of hardcore believers that the election is illegitimate, time will wash all hope away for a reversal like waves on the beach. I think the incumbent would have been kinder to his followers if he had just moved on and not made the loss stretch out over weeks. His supporters I personally know no longer worry about this stuff, as they have come to terms with the loss back before Thanksgiving.

The results of this election will only last for four years, and we have had the Constitution for over 230 years. As you age, you start to gain more perspective in losses, and a little less pride in wins. Half the political candidates you back, on average, will lose. You have to be able to be at peace with losses.

Last edited:
I saw a headline, they may be tweaking the original filing and will file again. I will post that if I see it again.

We still have January 6 votes. They are some republicans that have said they will object to the Electoral Votes from the Swing States that Biden won.
I think an invasion from space to undo the election is more likely. There simply are too many Republicans that are still patriotic, and it doesn’t take but a couple. Maybe not even that depending on Georgia’s election. Senator Cornyn (R) will not support the coup. In any case, SCOTUS would intervene if either the military is used to stop Biden, or if some other means it used, by anyone other than extraterrestrials.

With all the talk of TDS over the last four years, this attempt to deny reality is looking to be more and more delusional every week.

I saw a headline, they may be tweaking the original filing and will file again. I will post that if I see it again.
Which original filing? Texas has no standing. That has been decided.

Trump, I expect, will file for an injunction to prevent the electors from voting on Monday, but no court will grant that.

This guy sure enjoys losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back