E
enbell
Guest
Itās your claim to prove take or leave itCite a source to the contrary
It can be googled. All sources say the same thing. There are some countries where this is not true, but in general it is.
Itās your claim to prove take or leave itCite a source to the contrary
It can be googled. All sources say the same thing. There are some countries where this is not true, but in general it is.
I am an atheist and its pretty well known on this board that we live together. Make of that what you will.Hello BlueEyedLady,
Are you Atheist? Your profile shows it and I am very new to this board so I donāt know alot. Since you are a fiance you are not having sex, right?
Your Sister
Itās anecdotal. Looking at a data sample that is an aberration does not mean the conclusions obtained from the entire population, or even a much larger sample, of data are void. Iām just noting that such aberrations exist, before people start bringing them up.Then wouldnāt that actually be a sign of the opposite of what you are claiming?
This is what Iāve observed also, personally, as well as from what our friend have told us.Isnāt there an issue here that for Catholic couples in the āfertileā phase of life the wifeās āsex driveā is very much controlled by how she and they as a couple) feels about becoming pregnant. As well as being hormonal and therefore variable through her cycle.
Whereas for the man the physical urge is more constant.
According to the CDC data collected 2006-2008 and published in 2011, this is may be true by a narrow margin. Between the ages of 20-24, 12.3% of females report not having had sex with a member of the opposite sex. Males in the same age group report 14.3%.At 25 more unmarried men are virgins than unmarried women. Iām guessing the common perception is wrong.
Iām sorry, there must have been a miscommunication somewhere. It sounded as though you were claiming that most studies suggest that a greater percentage of women are sexually active than men, and that this holds true except in a few countries here and there. If this is true it certainly would seem to undermine the idea that men naturally have a higher sex-drive. I am not trying to claim anything one way or the other, I was simply responding to these two claims that you made.Itās anecdotal. Looking at a data sample that is an aberration does not mean the conclusions obtained from the entire population, or even a much larger sample, of data are void. Iām just noting that such aberrations exist, before people start bringing them up.
I would say itās down to the fact that any women that offerās herself to any man wonāt have far to look before she findās what she is after, for men this is certainly not the case when it comes to wanting the same from any women. While i do agree that some women match or even exceed menās sex drive most do not so i do not think this common perception is wrong whatsoeverAt 25 more unmarried men are virgins than unmarried women. Iām guessing the common perception is wrong.
I take it that part was aimed at several posterās on here, please if you donāt understand their point of view donāt criticize it, the Church has spoken on it VERY clearly, reject it if you want, your not the only oneI am a woman and I have a very strong sex drive. Actually I know plenty of women with a strong sex drive. I am married and I know that my sex drive is stronger than my husbands. He always jokes around that I have the sex drive of a 15 year old boy. There is a great misconception that women are far less sexual than men. I have bisexual attraction and I had to deal with being in a hot climate and how people dress. I certainly didnāt use the cop-out of blaming other peopleās dress for my problems and I believe in taking full responsibility for your struggles and sins.It was always frustrating growing up when people would tell me that struggling with a strong sex drive, lust, or anything sexual was a āmanās struggleā and that I was abnormal for struggling with it. You are not alone.
Agreed, it is hard to generalize such data. I was surprised by the numbers though. Anecdotally, I can tell you that the females that I meet when I am just going about my daily business, and socializing, are often very sexually aggressive. This was more true when I was in the San Francisco area which is very liberal, and there are sex clubs, huge sex festivals, legal nudity⦠etc⦠I donāt get as much of it in the San Diego area, where I live now. But anyone who thinks that women donāt have high sex drives, and that they are not acting on that, has had a different experience with women than I have.Random thoughtsā¦
I donāt know if comparing studies of age and virginity to sex drive difference between genders works. Lots of people donāt have sex because they have a high sex drive, but because of peer pressure, wanting to please significant other, etc. Saying that there are more 25yo male virgins than female doesnāt mean that females have a higher sex drive, and vice versa.
Iām one of those women with an āabnormallyā high sex drive. Before I was Catholic, I would masturbate multiple times every single day (oh-my-gosh-I-canāt-believe-Iām-saying-that-on-here-Iām-so-embarrassed!). Even after I was married I would do it. DH didnāt want sex nearly as much as me. It didnāt seem to vary much with my cycle, either. The only thing that has calmed me down is nursing hormones. Yet I managed to hold it together until I was 23 before I had sex. There I was, a girl with a high sex drive, not having sex. It kind of disproves the age-virginity-sex-drive theory.
I think the reason there are more threads on here about guys struggling with masturbation is because there is, like it or not, more stigma attached to female masturbation. Even among secular circles it is only in the last 15 years or so that it has become acceptable. For women, it is a deep, dark secret that is very, very common.
I would say for women not on the pill, and not nursing, that their sex drive is pretty much the same as menās. I think that it is ridiculous that for men, sex is portrayed as an overwhelming need and that for women it is a duty to which we roll our eyes and submit. It disgusts me that men use the āmen have higher sex drives so we have an excuse to act like pigsā argument.
And as for men having fluids that need to go somewhere comment, do you have any idea what it feels like for a woman to be engorged from being turned on and not getting any release? Standing is torture, sitting is torture, and it doesnāt go away for hours, sometimes even the whole day. Think about that the next time you finish and your wife doesnāt.
Yes yes yes!!! Very well put! This isnāt talked about much even in more liberal circles but you are absolutely correct.Random thoughtsā¦
I donāt know if comparing studies of age and virginity to sex drive difference between genders works. Lots of people donāt have sex because they have a high sex drive, but because of peer pressure, wanting to please significant other, etc. Saying that there are more 25yo male virgins than female doesnāt mean that females have a higher sex drive, and vice versa.
Iām one of those women with an āabnormallyā high sex drive. Before I was Catholic, I would masturbate multiple times every single day (oh-my-gosh-I-canāt-believe-Iām-saying-that-on-here-Iām-so-embarrassed!). Even after I was married I would do it. DH didnāt want sex nearly as much as me. It didnāt seem to vary much with my cycle, either. The only thing that has calmed me down is nursing hormones. Yet I managed to hold it together until I was 23 before I had sex. There I was, a girl with a high sex drive, not having sex. It kind of disproves the age-virginity-sex-drive theory.
I think the reason there are more threads on here about guys struggling with masturbation is because there is, like it or not, more stigma attached to female masturbation. Even among secular circles it is only in the last 15 years or so that it has become acceptable. For women, it is a deep, dark secret that is very, very common.
I would say for women not on the pill, and not nursing, that their sex drive is pretty much the same as menās. I think that it is ridiculous that for men, sex is portrayed as an overwhelming need and that for women it is a duty to which we roll our eyes and submit. It disgusts me that men use the āmen have higher sex drives so we have an excuse to act like pigsā argument.
And as for men having fluids that need to go somewhere comment, do you have any idea what it feels like for a woman to be engorged from being turned on and not getting any release? Standing is torture, sitting is torture, and it doesnāt go away for hours, sometimes even the whole day. Think about that the next time you finish and your wife doesnāt.
Age most definitely sex drives, and thatās not an opinion. Hormones affect sex drive, and the hormonal changes are more dramatic in woman as they get older.I donāt know if comparing studies of age and virginity to sex drive difference between genders works.
It not just more threads, itās all threads.I think the reason there are more threads on here about guys struggling with masturbation is because there is, like it or not, more stigma attached to female masturbation.
Since Iām not a woman, and havenāt had any woman discuss the above with me, I donāt know how often that happens. As far as men go, they typically start feeling the pressure two or three days after ejaculation.And as for men having fluids that need to go somewhere comment, do you have any idea what it feels like for a woman to be engorged from being turned on and not getting any release? Standing is torture, sitting is torture, and it doesnāt go away for hours, sometimes even the whole day. Think about that the next time you finish and your wife doesnāt.
I spoke only for myself and not anyone else. I know that modesty is a good thing and I certainly donāt contest that. I just donāt blame others for my own sins. Donāt assume that I am rejecting any of the Churches teachings. I am not going to play the Adam card and pass my sin off to the one who tempted him, Eve. Instead of pointing my finger at people whose actions I canāt control I deal with someone I can control, myself. Plus you will not be able to get the whole world to dress modestly. Just a fact of life. So I need to learn to deal with seeing immodestly dressed men and women.I take it that part was aimed at several posterās on here, please if you donāt understand their point of view donāt criticize it, the Church has spoken on it VERY clearly, reject it if you want, your not the only one
Awrite okay, i just thought that remark was being a sly way to attack otherās thatās all but i misunderstood it completely and know it wasnāt. SorryI spoke only for myself and not anyone else. I know that modesty is a good thing and I certainly donāt contest that. I just donāt blame others for my own sins. Donāt assume that I am rejecting any of the Churches teachings. I am not going to play the Adam card and pass my sin off to the one who tempted him, Eve. Instead of pointing my finger at people whose actions I canāt control I deal with someone I can control, myself. Plus you will not be able to get the whole world to dress modestly. Just a fact of life. So I need to learn to deal with seeing immodestly dressed men and women.
Same here.It disgusts me that men use the āmen have higher sex drives so we have an excuse to act like pigsā argument.