Some Interesting Facts About"Red" and "Blue" States

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholicvegan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know that Lincoln was a Republican. It’s too bad that the party didn’t follow up on his values. But, when African-Americans are 89% for Kerry, well…

40.png
Catholicvegan:
Yeah, I know that Lincoln was a Republican. It’s too bad that the party didn’t follow up on his values. But, when African-Americans are 89% for Kerry, well…
…We must conclude…what???

That the democrats are better at demogoguing??

That the democrats are good at marketing co-dependancy?

That the media doesn’t hold black “leaders” responsible for their positions or actions???

That the media rarely shows republicans to be good??

That modern political history is not accurately taught in our democrat-controlled public schools???

40.png
Catholicvegan:
You know what else is a “wierd coincidence”? I was reading the South Povery Law Center’s Intelligence Report that deals with racism (obviously). They were reporting on 25 politicians who had connections to the racists CCC (Council of Conservative Citizens). 22 of the 25 were Republicans, 2 were Democrats, and 1 was a bipartisan judge. How wierd! Republicans connected to racism! Taking a look at the map of the 2004 election and slave/free states, well, in the words of the person who posted it on the site I got it from, “we’ve come so far…”. We have come far- well, some of us have.

captsc and jlw,

keep in mind that until the 1960’s, Democrats were staunch conservatives. Back then the Republicans were very Liberal. Be didn’t see the switch until during or after JFK’s presedency.

Another weird fact all the bleeding heart democrats who support abortion and plannedparenthood are killing the African americans, continuing Margerate Sangers negro project. In a country with 36 miliion African americans, 15 million have been killed since 1973. They put the mills strategically in minority ,poor neighborhoods and abortion is the number one killer of African americans in this country.Is that considered racist or what? God Bless

40.png
AnnieD:
I can’t see the map too well, but it looks like the red states, MI, ID, ND, SD, WY,CO, AZ, NV,OK, OH are missing on the first map. What are they supposed to represent??
40.png
CaptSC:
It is a Civil War Map, those states weren’t existing yet.
Ok, I’m not sure if the problem is geography, reading, or tiny maps, but as a geography buff I won’t tolerate it any longer…🙂

MI is not a red state. MI and OH are not missing on the first map, and had already existed for some time as states. OK was present in its current borders, but was only a territory, “Indian Territory.” And while OH, IN, and IA “flipped” to red, MD and DE flipped to blue. DC is a little tougher; I think by the time of the top map, slavery was outlawed there, so no flipping was involved. On the other hand, it may be that slavery was allowed, but the sale of slaves was no longer permitted (that’s why Arlington broke off from DC).

And it’s more than just a coincidence that the maps resemble each other. They reflect cultural and sociological patterns that would put me to sleep if I tried to describe them.

40.png
digitonomy:
Ok, I’m not sure if the problem is geography, reading, or tiny maps, but as a geography buff I won’t tolerate it any longer…🙂
MI is not a red state. MI and OH are not missing on the first map,
I see the problem with OH on the first map, digitonomy. OH is hidden by ole Harper’s Ferry and I see now that Michigan is in the Kerry Column. How depressing about Michigan. Thanks for the info. 🙂

:blessyou:
Annie

40.png
wabrams:
captsc and jlw,

keep in mind that until the 1960’s, Democrats were staunch conservatives. Back then the Republicans were very Liberal. Be didn’t see the switch until during or after JFK’s presedency.
conservative or liberal about fiscal policy, race policy, religious/life issues, foreign policy??

Please define.

40.png
digitonomy:
And it’s more than just a coincidence that the maps resemble each other. They reflect cultural and sociological patterns that would put me to sleep if I tried to describe them.
Actually, I wish you would. Could be interesting.

What’s also interesting is to get a hold of a red-blue map by counties.

You’ll see that even in the blue states the rural communities were red. As far as area is concerned, not population, it was a very red map.

What’s with the difference then between urban & rural communities?

I think what CV is trying to show us is that the Pre-civil war states were against the evil of slavery (notice pretty much the same states that went to Kerry). So, they were in the right then and are also the “better half” of the country now. I don’t buy it.

True, slavery is an evil that goes against the dignity of the human person. But what about abortion? Isn’t that an evil that goes against the dignity of the human person? Just because the Northern states were in the right regarding slavery doesn’t mean they will be correct every time. Pretty silly to think that where you are geographically determines your morality.

40.png
wabrams:
captsc and jlw,

By “stauch conservatives” and “very liberal”, what do you mean??

In the context of today?? or 1950??

Being “to the left” of an issue is a far cry from being communist, right?? And being “on the right” of an issue doesn’t make someone a hatemongering racist, as liberals think today.

Are you guys ready to admit that when you compare slave states with free states and red states with blue states, red states were nearly all slave states and blue states were nearly all free states?

40.png
Catholicvegan:
Are you guys ready to admit that when you compare slave states with free states and red states with blue states, red states were nearly all slave states and blue states were nearly all free states?
Yeah. Done.

SO?

Slaves were freed by a Republican.

Integration was enforced by a Republican.

The Civil Rights Bill was passed by Republicans.

Affirmative Action was given teeth by a Republican.

The second black man and the first woman serving on the SCOTUS was nominated and by a Republican.

For the first time in our history, two of the most powerful people in the world (US Secretary of State and US National Security Advisor) are black, and they are Republican.

40.png
Catholicvegan:
Similis hoc ergo propter hoc does not an argument make.

*-- *Mark L. Chance.

40.png
Catholicvegan:
Did you get those maps from some web site? I think they are pretty interesting. What site?

40.png
Catholicvegan:

Are you ready to admit that the premis of the Democrats are responsible for protecting the number one killer of African Americans?God Bless

Are you ready to admit that the stand of the democratic party is determined to protect the number one killer of African Americans?God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back