Source: Trump still not grasping the severity of the pandemic

  • Thread starter Thread starter RidgeSprinter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand those people who criticize Dr. Anthony Fauci because he recommended one thing six months ago and recommends something different now. All of us, including public health officials, are learning as we go in how to deal with a previously unknown virus. It’s to be expected that these officials will change their recommendations as we learn more about the virus. The problem with Trump is that he’s still saying some of the same kinds of wrong things now he said six months ag
So is Fauci. 🙂
 
us know what the Democrat plan was/is so we can compare.
I believe that plan was put up by the previous administration until Trump broke it.

Plain and simple, the #1 superpower was not prepared. And you know it.
 
Last edited:
I believe that plan was put up by the previous administration until Trump broke it.
You mean the one with no supplies that worked and an additional shadow bureaucracy that didn’t know what it was doing? That one?

I think Trump could be faulted for not being aware there was really no pandemic plan. But he sure wasn’t responsible for there being no plan.
 
Last edited:
President Moon Jae-in’s results vs President Donald Trump’s results.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

And the South Korean population is more tightly packed.

SK 170 persons per square mile
USA 84 persons per square mile

Which President got a better handle on it?
 
I’ll give an example of real life. In January a loved one received a health diagnosis that requires frequent health visits.

At one visit she asked her doctor if she should use a mask. That doctor (a highly qualified specialist) didn’t think so, because it wasn’t believed yet to transmitted through the air but through casual contact.
 
This makes me so sad.

We could have acted differently.

150,000 death and no end in sight.

My town has about 25,000 people.

That’s the equivalent of six towns the size of mine, completely wiped out.
 
Seriously?

Here’s what he said in 2009.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Oh my.

Was there a pandemic in 2009? I don’t recall that ? I think I would have since my son was born that year.
 
And yet most people in New York and New Jersey give their governors high marks for how they contained the virus. As someone who lives in New Jersey, I’m glad our governor took this seriously and didn’t rush to re-open like the governors of some other states. No doubt he and Cuomo saved many lives.
 
Last edited:
He’s right Oba,a did nothing.At least Trump closed the borders and took measures to quell the virus.Clearly as we have witnessed modt of this is out of anyone’s control.
 
Last edited:
As I recall, he mostly sat on his hands and made dismissive comments about the virus just going away on its own during that crucial two-or-so month period when decisive action could have made a difference. He banned visitors from China but even there he allowed Americans in China to return without any self-quarantining or testing. (In any event, it was tourists from Europe who brought the virus here to the East Coast.) In the end it was the rising death toll that forced him to act but by then the virus had established a foothold and the federal response his government coordinated, led by Jared, was a shambolic mess.
 
Last edited:
Those visitors from Europe no doubt contracted it from Chinese laborers coming in and out of their counties.So it still began in Wuhan
 
Yes, I’m not disputing it’s origin, just the effectiveness of banning travel from China.
 
Last edited:
Maybe if you’re not in a nursing home and don’t have to work, they would seem just fine.
es, I’m not disputing it’s origin, just the effectiveness of banning travel from China.
Tens of thousands of people came to the U.S. from China every year. It could have been a lot worse without the ban. Thats not to say the numbers would ultimately be any different from what they will be anyway. It would have just been faster. All these preventive measures do is slow the spread down. They don’t stop it.

Maybe a truly effective vaccine will be developed before “herd immunity” that doesn’t cause any of the problems lawyers get paid to sue pharmaceutical companies for. But I sure don’t count on it.
 
Last edited:
Well there ya go.If the Kennedy Center for arts gets a big check,why not thevairlines🤨
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top