Spanking may be linked to later mental disorders

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gift_from_God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you don’t have children. How do you have a civil conversation with a two year old trying to put the cat in the toilet?🙂
“Ma’am, put the cat down, and step away from the toilet… step away from the toilet.”😃
 
You would physically harm a two-year old with no sense of right or wrong? I find that cruel
It is far better that my children learn to associate pain with wrongdoing early then to realize that reality at judgement.

And what two year old is this that you speak of that does not understand right from wrong? My children knew well by that age.
 
Had this all happened today, my teacher would be fired (and appear on Fox news), my dad would be arrested for abuse of a minor and I would be taken from a loving home and “re-educated” to conform with acceptable modern standards. Oh, and God would be taught as a myth just like Thor and Zeus.

My, have we progressed!
Yes, because anyone that doesn’t hit/spank their children are raising narcissistic brats that don’t respect life or believe in God. :rolleyes:
 
Yes, because anyone that doesn’t hit/spank their children are raising narcissistic brats that don’t respect life or believe in God. :rolleyes:
No, only those that place judgement upon a perfectly acceptable form of punishment.
 
Personally I have never been for spanking and so I doubt I would ever spank any children that I ever have.
 
What a load of nonsense.

Don’t ban smacking, we banned it down here and now we’re really in the kaka, parents are being dragged into the courts for smacking their kids and other families are loosing custody.

All the while we still have monsters beating their children with jug cords and putting them in dryers.

Some kids just don’t get the message with “civil conversations”. Kids don’t act or think rationally. Some may, and some may respond to a “civil conversation” but some kids don’t, some kids only understand a whack on the backside.

I was smacked, so was my brother, we both turned out fine, no mental illness,both well educated, both good jobs. My sister pulled the “if you smack me I’ll call the child services”. What happened to her? Dope. Booze. Dropped out of school. Pregnant at 18.
 
What a load of nonsense.

Don’t ban smacking, we banned it down here and now we’re really in the kaka, parents are being dragged into the courts for smacking their kids and other families are loosing custody.

All the while we still have monsters beating their children with jug cords and putting them in dryers.

Some kids just don’t get the message with “civil conversations”. Kids don’t act or think rationally. Some may, and some may respond to a “civil conversation” but some kids don’t, some kids only understand a whack on the backside.

I was smacked, so was my brother, we both turned out fine, no mental illness,both well educated, both good jobs. My sister pulled the “if you smack me I’ll call the child services”. What happened to her? Dope. Booze. Dropped out of school. Pregnant at 18.
Like I said, if the Dr. Spock method worked…why are there so many problems with our youth? I don’t remember there being school shootings in my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents ect ect.
 
Yes, because anyone that doesn’t hit/spank their children are raising narcissistic brats that don’t respect life or believe in God. :rolleyes:
There is a direct correlation between the two. Why do you think Asians outperform every other group in school? It is because they are deathly afraid of their parents, just like I was. You know we are sliding down a slope when you see stuff like this spammed all over the place. Parents are no longer the confident authority figures and protectors they once were. Now it is chic to let your child decide instead of telling them what to do. It is now the norm negotiate and ask instead of telling them what to do. In short Dr. Spock tells us not to be parents but buddies, and it has ruined generations of kids.
 
Obviously you don’t have children. How do you have a civil conversation with a two year old trying to put the cat in the toilet?🙂
Evil cat spanks child! :eek: See here:

youtube.com/watch?v=MgBLXFg4cyE&feature=related

This cat doesn’t know how to have a civil conversation with the child who keeps pulling its tail? :confused:

Quickly, bring in the shrinks! The child has been traumatized by the spanking! :bighanky:

…but he learned to leave the cat’s tail alone, I bet! 😃
 
Okay, here is why I don’t believe anything reported as research. I tried to find anything in the original research to explain why this result is so skewed away from common sense. I found only one statement, but I think it explains that this rather poor scientific study came up with its conclusion:
We’re not talking about just a tap on the bum," study author Tracie Afifi, PhD, of the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, explained in a statement. “We were looking at people who used physical punishment as a regular means to discipline their children.” However, the analysis excluded individuals who reported more severe maltreatment such as physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, physical neglect, emotional neglect, or exposure to intimate partner violence.
Note the extreme cases they included with children who were spanked. Anyone without an agenda would have the brains to separate sexually abused kids, kids from violent homes, and such, from others. This extremely biased an ill-devised study did not study spanking. It incorporated a multitude of true high risk factors in with those who spanked and drew a false conclusion from this garbage of a method.
 
What a load of nonsense.

Don’t ban smacking, we banned it down here and now we’re really in the kaka, parents are being dragged into the courts for smacking their kids and other families are loosing custody.

All the while we still have monsters beating their children with jug cords and putting them in dryers.

Some kids just don’t get the message with “civil conversations”. Kids don’t act or think rationally. Some may, and some may respond to a “civil conversation” but some kids don’t, some kids only understand a whack on the backside.

I was smacked, so was my brother, we both turned out fine, no mental illness,both well educated, both good jobs. My sister pulled the “if you smack me I’ll call the child services”. What happened to her? Dope. Booze. Dropped out of school. Pregnant at 18.
Norway is in even worse condition - the kids know they have the weapon against ANY discipline and they are AWFUL. Same outlawing of spanking there. I knew a lovely Norwegian woman and she was so complimentary of our young people, said they are so polite and well mannered, and in Norway the young folks are by and large selfish louts if not outright criminals.
 
Evil cat spanks child! :eek: See here:

youtube.com/watch?v=MgBLXFg4cyE&feature=related

This cat doesn’t know how to have a civil conversation with the child who keeps pulling its tail? :confused:

Quickly, bring in the shrinks! The child has been traumatized by the spanking! :bighanky:

…but he learned to leave the cat’s tail alone, I bet! 😃
Natural consequences FTW! LOL

Actually that little sweetie was being quite gentle with the tail until the very end of the video, when he did pull it a couple of times, and that’s when the cat smacked him. But, he didn’t let go even then! Also the cat just tapped him on the face and head, I don’t think any claws were out. The cat acted as if the baby were a kitten.
 
OK, a few years ago, I was out shopping.
There was an older lady with a teenage daughter in the aisle, and I heard their voices getting a little louder. The daughter started mouthing off, and cursed at the mother.
The mother did not hesitate. She smacked the daughter straight away, then launched into a 5 minute tirade dressing down the daughter for her behavior, language, style of dress, friends, and the wisdom of violating clearly set out rules under a roof she does not own and pays for no part of.

I had previously thought such tirades in which a person could go on and on for minutes at a time without a break and without a script was a hollywood construct. I have since learned better.

The daughter was mortified. Not only had she endured physical punishment, she was now being dressed down in the public venue she chose to show disrespect in.
The only thing she could muster at the end was a meek and quiet ‘yes maam’

There was a stranger that tried to step in when the daughter was smacked.
The mother handled it with tact and speed. A very simple “step out of this gracefully, sonny. You want no part of this.”
His face reddened and he left.

The daughter was corrected. The stranger that apparently believed he knew better then the mother had been corrected. And the crowd that had gathered applauded.

And the lesson everyone learned that day…Sometimes it takes getting smacked in the head to see your errors.
 
Okay, here is why I don’t believe anything reported as research. I tried to find anything in the original research to explain why this result is so skewed away from common sense. I found only one statement, but I think it explains that this rather poor scientific study came up with its conclusion:

Note the extreme cases they included with children who were spanked. Anyone without an agenda would have the brains to separate sexually abused kids, kids from violent homes, and such, from others. This extremely biased an ill-devised study did not study spanking. It incorporated a multitude of true high risk factors in with those who spanked and drew a false conclusion from this garbage of a method.
So true of agenda driven research, it isn’t science it is advocacy and very bad at that.
 
What a load of nonsense.

Don’t ban smacking, we banned it down here and now we’re really in the kaka, parents are being dragged into the courts for smacking their kids and other families are loosing custody.

All the while we still have monsters beating their children with jug cords and putting them in dryers.

Some kids just don’t get the message with “civil conversations”. Kids don’t act or think rationally. Some may, and some may respond to a “civil conversation” but some kids don’t, some kids only understand a whack on the backside.

I was smacked, so was my brother, we both turned out fine, no mental illness,both well educated, both good jobs. My sister pulled the “if you smack me I’ll call the child services”. What happened to her? Dope. Booze. Dropped out of school. Pregnant at 18.
Dear vera dicere,

Cordial greetings and a very good day. Jolly good post that. Thankyou for your contribution.

It admits of no doubt, dear friend, that trendy views of child rearing and discipline are breeding a generation of feral and ungovernable children. We have succeded in creating a tribe of little horrors and many parents have become terrified of their offspring and in thrall to their every want and desire - so much for ‘positive reinforcement’. Alas, it is now not uncommon for parents and teachers to be subjected to a litany of verbal abuse, much of it woundingly personal. Casual disobedience has become normative and is blithely dismissed as being most attributable to the pressures that modern youth must face. One is surely entitled to ask, however, why is it that children have changed so radically over the space of two short generations? Is it not because of a serious want of rigorous discipline (including corporal punshiment) and because they have been ruined by the loony and faulty reasoning of the so called ‘child professionals’ and very gullible parents?

It is incontrovertable that we have become a more ‘child centered’ society and this has left many parents, as well as many professionals such as teachers or the police, feeling defenceless when they are dealing with what is euphemistically termed, ‘challenging behaviour’, basicly, impudent and violent behaviour. ‘Child centered’, dear friend, has become a sort of buzz phrase beloved of educationalists, psychologists and just about anyone who works with children. Owing to the fact that our contemporary godless age rejects the Fall and Original Sin as exploded Christian myth, the prevailing orthodoxy holds that man is not really responsible for his sins and misfortunes, but is the product of his upbringing and early influences, for good or for ill. However, by virtually absolving children/youth of all blame for their wrongdoing, and woefully failing to chastise them when they transgress, we have created a generation of spoilt brats inflated with a sense of their own invincibility. Paralysed by guilt and fear and spurred on by a warped sentimentalism which decrees that anyone under 12 years old is, at core, an unsullied sweetheart, latitude is given to children which they simply do not deserve and which, at length, utterly ruins them - sometimes permanently. It is my deep conviction, dear friend, and the deep conviction of many men and women, that *these *are the major reasons why our Western society is plagued by pathologically wayward and discourteous children.

Whilst I freely admit that coporal punishment per se will not resolve all the problems of child misbehaviour, neither can it be completely discounted as an effective disciplinary measure in certain circumstances where it is warranted. It is surely not true love and affection which ‘spares the rod’ as a means of making a child aware of the gravity of their wrongdoing, when all other methods, such as ‘civil conversation’, have proved ineffectual. Let us recall that Sacred Scripture actually states that to withhold the rod is to hate them, not love them (Proverbs 13: 24). To omit a duty so necessary for a child’s spiritual welfare, and indulgently turn a blind eye to their wayward wills and conduct, is surely tantamount to hating them. Of course we must love our precious children much, but we have a God given duty to ensure that we do wisely by not bringing about their ruin - perhaps even their eternal ruin.

God bless.

Warmest good wishes,

Portrait

Pax
 
Yes, because anyone that doesn’t hit/spank their children are raising narcissistic brats that don’t respect life or believe in God. :rolleyes:
Certainly not. Nor are people who have used judicious spanking as a form of discipline or punishment actually abusing their child, or raising mentally unstable sociopaths.

Look over the posts in this and other topics on spanking carefully - I don’t think anyone who uses spanking is decrying people who choose not to; on the contrary, it is the anti-spanking crowd that is decrying others who do choose to use it.
 
Perception filters fully engaged.

Now everything that I saw and did as a child was not really so bad, and everything I see now is absolutely the most heinous thing I ever witnessed.
:hypno:
 
Okay, here is why I don’t believe anything reported as research. I tried to find anything in the original research to explain why this result is so skewed away from common sense. I found only one statement, but I think it explains that this rather poor scientific study came up with its conclusion:

Note the extreme cases they included with children who were spanked. Anyone without an agenda would have the brains to separate sexually abused kids, kids from violent homes, and such, from others. This extremely biased an ill-devised study did not study spanking. It incorporated a multitude of true high risk factors in with those who spanked and drew a false conclusion from this garbage of a method.
But but but Lifesitenews distorts their headlines and is automatically ignored. Thus, will people lapping up this garbage study agree to disgard it too?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top