S
SamH
Guest
True. Much like letting them play with the electric outlet kind of solves itself too.I would simply stand back and let it happen. That kid will never try such a thing again. LOL
True. Much like letting them play with the electric outlet kind of solves itself too.I would simply stand back and let it happen. That kid will never try such a thing again. LOL
Well, clearly, the cat must also be spanked, for tempting the innocent child in the first place!Obviously you don’t have children. How do you have a civil conversation with a two year old trying to put the cat in the toilet?![]()
How do you think they learn right from wrong?You would physically harm a two-year old with no sense of right or wrong? I find that cruel
Videos from the French adaptation of America’s Funniest Videos come to mind rather vividly! A cat and water does not a happy marriage make.I would simply stand back and let it happen. That kid will never try such a thing again. LOL
Naughty corner for cats?Well, clearly, the cat must also be spanked, for tempting the innocent child in the first place!
Or better still, give them a dull knife, see them insert it in the outlet and see blood coming out of the ears.True. Much like letting them play with the electric outlet kind of solves itself too.
Not from violence. I was never hit and I know right from wrong, as do many other peopleHow do you think they learn right from wrong?
Example from personal experience: In law enforcement, civil discussions with the childish often did not produce good fruit. Tasing them universally produced obedience, if not exactly respect, and avoided many of the physical and psychological pitfalls of employing the discipline of the standardized police beat-down.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/29/spanking-mental-health-drug-abuse.html A civil conversation goes a long way, hitting someone doesn’t
If your 2 year old is physically harmed due to you swatting him/her then you need to take some anger management and parenting classes. Swat /= beat. Swat = apply enough force to get their full attention without causing harm. For a 2 year old the amount of force you should be applying would be less then the amount of force you apply when giving your buddy a “high five” while watching a sports game.You would physically harm a two-year old with no sense of right or wrong? I find that cruel
Best advice my mother gave me regarding children:Example from personal experience: In law enforcement, civil discussions with the childish often did not produce good fruit. Tasing them universally produced obedience, if not exactly respect, and avoided many of the physical and psychological pitfalls of employing the discipline of the standardized police beat-down.
I know this is not helpful. It’s just true.
I have to wonder now…Best advice my mother gave me regarding children:
If you find yourself trying to reason with a two year old you’ve already lost.
Good one.I have to wonder now…
Just how many two year olds ARE posting on the internet these days?!?! That would explain a lot of discussions I’ve read over the years.![]()
Well, no. The cat may maim the child, but it won’t kill her. That’s what outlet covers are for.True. Much like letting them play with the electric outlet kind of solves itself too.
The cat could be alive, or dead. It is in a steel box with radioactive material, you know.What do you tell the cat?
But you’re gonna be great one day! Even get a trophy for it!If all this Dr. Spock garbage or reassuring your child, and “talking” with them, and giving them praise and never spanking them, and telling them “Everyone’s a winner!”
…Then why are our children more drug-using, porn-obsessed, mentally unstable, slothful, suicidal and socially defecient than all the previous generations who were all spanked.
…I don’t know, I think grandpa’s generation was raised better than today’s kids who are raised to be “little Nero’s” because their parents put the world around them.
Just my opinion as a childless father and wifeless husband.![]()
For most people, spanking for educational purposes is a mediocre rationalization at best.
I have spanked. It is not mediocre rationalization. I do not believe anyone here knows better the proper means of raising children than the Holy Spirit. If a modern psychologist disagrees with the Bible, I will side with the Bible.You would physically harm a two-year old with no sense of right or wrong? I find that cruel