6
6fatboy6
Guest
Jesus Christ died upon the cross to bear our sins and his righteousness was imputed to us, where is the need for purgatory? If we go back to Abraham (Genesis 15:6) before the atonement of Christ, he was counted as righteous by God by his faith, while he was still a sinner, so if you die in a state of righteousness then there is no need for purgatory. Someone sent me a verse to biblically defend purgatory, or at least part of one. Revelation 21:27-“nothing unclean will enter heaven”. If we are covered by the blood of Christ we arent unclean, he didnt die to get us half way to heaven. Im not suggesting antinomianism where you simply believe and then live any life that you want. But I believe that even if you are suggesting a need for purgatory then you cheapen the redemptive work of Christ on the cross. Maybe I am just stuck on what I believe but I am sure that we ALL have no problem accepting that our sins were imputed to Jesus, so why wouldnt his righteousness be imputed back to us be enough. Because of our sins being imputed to Jesus, God was able to justly punish sin and be justified in declaring us righteous.