Stripped bare: 'Gay' school plot unveiled

  • Thread starter Thread starter buffalo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffalo

Guest
Stripped bare: ‘Gay’ school plot unveiled

On the heels of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s signature on S.B. 777, which opponents describe as a homosexual indoctrination plan for education districts, a pro-homosexual lobbying organization in California has launched its campaign to infuse a “gay” influence into curricula.

The Gay Straight Alliance recently forwarded an e-mail to its California chapters with information on how to make sure homosexuality is taught in the state’s schools and warned that having students and parents simply “tolerate” homosexuality is not enough. “In many schools, learning about LGBTQ issues takes the form of very necessary tolerance where students are educated about the importance of not discriminating against each other,” according to GSA documents. "Tolerance education is an important first step, but we need to push further.

more…
 
Don’t people like this realize that forcing their unpopular views on others only creates animosity toward them? They are hurting - more than helping - themselves, doing things like this.
 
Did the people who advocate tolerance ever think that was all they wanted???

Those people need to get a clue.
 
World Net Daily? Just look at this article through quite a bit of spin, they have a reputation for doing that.
 
Don’t people like this realize that forcing their unpopular views on others only creates animosity toward them? They are hurting - more than helping - themselves, doing things like this.
I think your assumption is incorrect. I believe that people in growing numbers believe that homosexuality is, if not superior to, at least equal with anyother kind of suxuality. If popularity determined truth, as many people believe, Christianity would disappear.

CDL
 
Don’t people like this realize that forcing their unpopular views on others only creates animosity toward them? They are hurting - more than helping - themselves, doing things like this.
Are you talking about christians forcing their faith on others, or are you talking about homosexuals?
 
Are you talking about christians forcing their faith on others, or are you talking about homosexuals?
Homosexuals. Seen any Christian pride parades lately? Seen anyone advocating for Christianity to be taught in public schools? See anyone lawsuits recently for hate crimes against Catholics?

Nah, I didn’t think so.
 
There’s no plot to unveil. We’re not discontinuing the traditional families. We’re providing education for those who have felt ostracized in the past to not feel that way anymore. I really grow weary of those who feel this is a threat. It shows a basic insecurity.
 
I doubt that anyone truely believes that promoting homosexual sin is a righteous cause, despite their protestations. The Church honors all persons that is why she promotes holy living and discourages unholy living. I suspect that among the highest places in heaven are those who were tempted by lust and idolatry but resisted and led holy lives. I count among my friends those who were captured in this lifestyle of lusting after persons of their own sex but allowed themselves to be freed from it and led holy lives. I thank God for them and so does the Church. I believe unless those who promote this lifestyle repent they will have much for which to answer from the only Judge that matters.

CDL
 
There’s no plot to unveil. We’re not discontinuing the traditional families. We’re providing education for those who have felt ostracized in the past to not feel that way anymore. I really grow weary of those who feel this is a threat. It shows a basic insecurity.
Why would a chaste homosexual feel any need to publicly declare their condition?
 
There’s no plot to unveil. We’re not discontinuing the traditional families. We’re providing education for those who have felt ostracized in the past to not feel that way anymore. I really grow weary of those who feel this is a threat. It shows a basic insecurity.
Do you understant that there is a difference between providing education and mandating education? The latter is done by force of law and in less polite nomenclature is called indoctrination or brain-washing. As bad as the schools are getting, I will not allow my son to go through the state system.
 
We’re providing education for those who have felt ostracized in the past to not feel that way anymore.
Ostracizing that comes from, say, the fact that the condition is intrinsically disordered? It’s natural to have this sort of reaction to any sort of mental illness; naturalizing it through social acceptance programs frustrate the problem for homosexuals by making it harder for them to see their condition as disordered and to then seek help from God in prayer and fasting.
 
GoofyJim: I respect your intelligence and your passion, but I feel a largely unwritten aspect here is the question of Proporionality.

Or so you might call it.

Homosexuals make up a tiny fraction of the population. Is it real justice to spend a great deal of time and attention of it? Given the time and money we have for school programs, etc., etc., perhaps the homosexual issue doesn’t merit so much attention.

I’m a tennis player, and, by God, I dream tennis. It’s a major constituent of my identity, but I don’t force my school district to teach tennis. . . and I daresay there is a larger percentage of the general public who plays tennis than is gay. (I’m not trivializing your issue here, just pointing out that disparity between society’s time/money and the amount of work done on the issue).
 
GoofyJim: I respect your intelligence and your passion, but I feel a largely unwritten aspect here is the question of Proporionality.

Or so you might call it.

Homosexuals make up a tiny fraction of the population. Is it real justice to spend a great deal of time and attention of it? Given the time and money we have for school programs, etc., etc., perhaps the homosexual issue doesn’t merit so much attention.

I’m a tennis player, and, by God, I dream tennis. It’s a major constituent of my identity, but I don’t force my school district to teach tennis. . . and I daresay there is a larger percentage of the general public who plays tennis than is gay. (I’m not trivializing your issue here, just pointing out that disparity between society’s time/money and the amount of work done on the issue).
I’ve never seen a tennis player get ridiculed for secretly liking tenis and then attempt suicide because of that ridicule.
 
Ostracizing that comes from, say, the fact that the condition is intrinsically disordered? It’s natural to have this sort of reaction to any sort of mental illness; naturalizing it through social acceptance programs frustrate the problem for homosexuals by making it harder for them to see their condition as disordered and to then seek help from God in prayer and fasting.
First, is it NOT a mental illness. NOT. NOT. It was removed in the early 70’s. I am pretty sure most homosexuals wouldn’t want your help. People rarely seek help from smug self-righteous people. They do not want your “help”. They might be willing to give you some help to see reason and logic. I have refuted that it is intrinsically disordered in the past. Your can quote religious doctrine as often as you want, I’ll cite reason, logic, science, and compassion.
 
I’ve never seen a tennis player get ridiculed for secretly liking tenis and then attempt suicide because of that ridicule.
If someone is suicidal from ridicule, that it is not an issue for society, but for counciling. If it is bullying that is needs to be addressed, then address just the issue of bullying. There is no need to teach pro-homosexual sensitivity. It is scarcely the only issue used by bullies.
 
First, is it NOT a mental illness. NOT. NOT. It was removed in the early 70’s. I am pretty sure most homosexuals wouldn’t want your help. People rarely seek help from smug self-righteous people. They do not want your “help”. They might be willing to give you some help to see reason and logic. I have refuted that it is intrinsically disordered in the past. Your can quote religious doctrine as often as you want, I’ll cite reason, logic, science, and compassion.
LOL. All truth is God’s truth, and he has revealed through sacred Scriptures and the Church that the condition is intrinsically disordered. If you are going to participate on a Catholic discussion board, you should be open to people being good Catholics and upholding what God has revealed to this mystical body of Christ. Science, as a study of what is the case, cannot tell us what ought to be the case, as is does not imply ought. Hume showed us that.

Reason, the capacity by which people infer connections among previous beliefs, also cannot tell us what ought to be the case. On top of that, it cannot tell us what is the case (independent of tautologies). It can only tell us what implies what; the same goes for logic. I can infer that if it rains tomorrow, then I will take my umbrella, but I can’t reason myself to knowing whether it will in fact rain. It is an abstract thought process that tells us little to nothing about the world, particularly nothing about what we ought to do (unless you are a Kantian, but the formula of the law of nature clearly shows homosexuality to be against the categorical imperative and thus wrong).

That leaves “compassion” which I take to be equivalent to a back rub, with maybe a pat on the back and a reassurance that “I’m ok” and so are you. Of course, homosexuals are not ok. They have a mental condition that is intrinsically disordered, being attracted to things they ought not be attracted to. The attraction itself is no sin, mind you, but it is certainly disordered. God has made that abundantly clear from the start, despite all your back rub philosophies.
 
LOL. All truth is God’s truth, and he has revealed through sacred Scriptures and the Church that the condition is intrinsically disordered. If you are going to participate on a Catholic discussion board, you should be open to people being good Catholics and upholding what God has revealed to this mystical body of Christ. Science, as a study of what is the case, cannot tell us what ought to be the case, as is does not imply ought. Hume showed us that.

Reason, the capacity by which people infer connections among previous beliefs, also cannot tell us what ought to be the case. On top of that, it cannot tell us what is the case (independent of tautologies). It can only tell us what implies what; the same goes for logic. I can infer that if it rains tomorrow, then I will take my umbrella, but I can’t reason myself to knowing whether it will in fact rain. It is an abstract thought process that tells us little to nothing about the world, particularly nothing about what we ought to do (unless you are a Kantian, but the formula of the law of nature clearly shows homosexuality to be against the categorical imperative and thus wrong).

That leaves “compassion” which I take to be equivalent to a back rub, with maybe a pat on the back and a reassurance that “I’m ok” and so are you. Of course, homosexuals are not ok. They have a mental condition that is intrinsically disordered, being attracted to things they ought not be attracted to. The attraction itself is no sin, mind you, but it is certainly disordered. God has made that abundantly clear from the start, despite all your back rub philosophies.
Oh stop it. Homosexuals do not have a mental condition. Anymore than heterosexuals do. A bunch of baloney.
 
Oh stop it. Homosexuals do not have a mental condition. Anymore than heterosexuals do. A bunch of baloney.
Call it whatever you want; semantics are both uninteresting and unimportant. The fact remains: homosexual desire is intrinsically disordered, and as such, those who normalize the desires (and the behavior stemming from those desires) do a disservice to homosexuals by confusing them over their very real need for grace, brought through prayer, fasting, and the sacraments. We ought to be praying that God heal them and make them whole, rather than convince everyone that - despite appearances - they already are healed and whole.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top