The best Catholic Web Site

• Thread starter Thread starter Smack_Daddy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this not the best Catholic web site? How about www.catholicexchange.com good source to find great links to other great web sights including a online bible. Off to work. I almost envy you, you who can hang out at this forum all day. Senior members in less then a week, wow!

Benjamin

40.png
Spiderman:
Personally, I kinda like www.carm.org

A lot of interesting stuff to learn there. Check out the message boards.
Yeah right.

40.png
Spiderman:

The only problem is that it is not a Catholic website.
Since the Bible is the final authority, we should look to it as the final authenticating and inerrant source of all spiritual truth. If it says Sacred Tradition is valid, fine. But if it doesn’t, then I will trust the Bible alone. Since the Bible does not approve of the Catholic Church’s Sacred Tradition, then neither should Christians.
carm.org/catholic/biblesufficient.htm

40.png
Spiderman:

I think you are confused look at the title of this thread, it is not anti-Catholic web site.

40.png
Spiderman:

I’ve come across a new figure of speech recently on another board. When someone suspects that a poster is a troll, they say that their ***spidey-senses ** * are tingling. :yup:

Justin

p.s Seriously, it has become a common phrase. Quite a legacy.

“Since the Bible is the final authority, we should look to it as the final authenticating and inerrant source of all spiritual truth. If it says Sacred Tradition is valid, fine. But if it doesn’t, then I will trust the Bible alone. Since the Bible does not approve of the Catholic Church’s Sacred Tradition, then neither should Christians”

considering we are the first christians and the bible is a daughter of the Church, and not the mother…rotfl

Smack Daddy:
IMHO I think tcrnews2.com/ is the best Catholic web site on the net.
NOT.

The thinnest veneer of catholicism is found at this “progressive” site. It labors under many misunderstandings of church doctrine. Supports the failed “seamless garment” approach to the “pro-life” agenda. Operates under the dubious proposition that quality of life issues are morally equivalent to abortion. Site is known to be, uh … less than rigorous with the truth … to support their anti-war agenda.

Okay, I gotta give Karl a vote 😉 . This site has gotten me this far. But I look forward to checking out the others. Except Carm.

carm.org is an anit-Catholic site. In researching the site, the attempt of charity is present, however, the underlying message is anti-Catholic.

cmom said:
“Since the Bible is the final authority, we should look to it as the final authenticating and inerrant source of all spiritual truth. If it says Sacred Tradition is valid, fine. But if it doesn’t, then I will trust the Bible alone. Since the Bible does not approve of the Catholic Church’s Sacred Tradition, then neither should Christians”

considering we are the first christians and the bible is a daughter of the Church, and not the mother…rotfl

Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible is the final Authority?

Joao

40.png
srkbdk:
I think you are confused look at the title of this thread, it is not anti-Catholic web site.
The fact that they’ve got the audacity to disagree with catholic doctrine does not make one anti-catholic. It’s no more anti-catholic than this site is catholic elitist

And don’t worry guys, I’m not trying to be a troll…just want some good discussions. As you’ve no doubt guessed, I’m obviously not a catholic, and some will recognize me from carm.

40.png
JoaoMachado:
Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible is the final Authority?
It looks like cmom was just quoting a carm statement with obvious logic problems. She found it humorous. You may realise this, but I want others to realise that she was not promoting carm’s theory.

40.png
Spiderman:
The fact that they’ve got the audacity to disagree with catholic doctrine does not make one anti-catholic. It’s no more anti-catholic than this site is catholic elitist

And don’t worry guys, I’m not trying to be a troll…just want some good discussions. As you’ve no doubt guessed, I’m obviously not a catholic, and some will recognize me from carm.
Sorry…can’t resist…

[sung to the tune of “Sailing, Sailing”}

Trolling, trolling,
Over the Catholic boards!
Though free from Rome,
We froth and foam
At clueless Papist hoardes.

Ohhhh!

Trolling, trolling,
Never let up a smidgen!
We’d rather bait
The Church we hate
Than practice our own religion!

(In the immortal words of Psmith, from *Leave It to Psmith: “Don’t pinch it; it’s copyright.”)

Not meaning to give you a hard time, Spidey…not even implying that you’re trolling, strictly speaking. But, well, your posts simply gave me the perfect pretext to post my feeble attempt at doggerel. ;))

Blessings,

ZT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back