The best Catholic Web Site

• Thread starter Thread starter Smack_Daddy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Catholic Outlook is my favorite as far as gathering information. http://www.catholicoutlook.com/ The site owner was a Protestant convert to Catholic, and he explains a lot of Catholic teachings in a clear, concise manner, answering Protestant objections. Since I plan to convert to Catholic from Protestant, this was very helpful for me.

one more and i’ll stop…really

for a different kind of Catholic website, the author michael brown hosts a site called spiritdaily.com always good for some interesting reading

40.png
ZoeTheodora:
Sorry…can’t resist…

[sung to the tune of “Sailing, Sailing”}

Trolling, trolling,
Over the Catholic boards!
Though free from Rome,
We froth and foam
At clueless Papist hoardes.

Ohhhh!

Trolling, trolling,
Never let up a smidgen!
We’d rather bait
The Church we hate
Than practice our own religion!

(In the immortal words of Psmith, from *Leave It to Psmith
: “Don’t pinch it; it’s copyright.”)

LOLOL!! Can I just “borrow” this once in awhile? 🙂

40.png
kjvail:
New Advent is great for raw data, fact checking and background:

www.newadvent.org

The one I didn’t see here that I really love is the American Society for the the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property

www.tfp.org

Very monarchist, pretty much the personal project of a Brazilian professor and writer Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira. It has about 5 or 6 online books by him and a large variety articles on catholic philsophy and history. The organization is international with affiliates in about a dozen countries. There is a bi-monthly magazine they publish (Crusader) and even a boarding school in Pennsylvania. Its a very interesting organization, not for the Liberal “catholic” tho.
I also like newadvent.org and use it esp. for the Catholic Encyclopedia. It’s been very helpful.

As for tfp, I have heard some not very good things about this organization.

Do you all consider this to be the best Catholic web forum? A few of the sites listed here have forums or some other social feature, so if you weren’t going to recommend CAF, which would be the next best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back