continue from last post
look at the press release section on the jw site.
www.watchtower.org
That’s just it on the main page there is no option or menu choice for “press release”. That’s is why before I asked for a direct link. I was not finding it. I went back to
watchtower.org and clicked on the option for
jw-media.org.
It was under the option
jw-media.org was I able to find these press release. So the press releases are NOT on
watchtower.org web site, they are on a sister site. That’s why I couldn’t find it before. I still had a hard time finding, it because your directions said to go to
watchtower.org and look at the press releases. That to me meant that the press releases are on
watchtower.org. However, they are NOT at
watchtower.org but on
jw-media.org the sister site.
So while at
jw-media.org I clicked on the “current releases”, under the NEWSROOM heading. Which took me to a second page, and once there I clicked on the option to view Humanitarian Efforts
{click here to see}
According to the web-page Humanitarian Efforts were done in 1/05 and 9/05 to help the victims of Hurricanes in the US. According to the web-page Humanitarian Efforts were done 8/03 to help those in MONROVIA. According to the web-page Humanitarian Efforts were done 1/02 to help those in CONGO KINSHASA. According to the web-page Humanitarian Efforts were done 7/01 to help those in Houston TX whose homes were destroyed by flood waters.
So that’s 7/01; 1/02; 8/03; 1/05 and 9/05.
What about the year 2004? Do JW belief that in 2004 NO one needed help? They must believe that to be true, because there was NO humanitarian efforts done that year.
What about 9/11/01?? Why didn’t the JW do something for all those victims??
Also I noticed that there is only 1 thing done per year (except for 2004). Where those the only people in need those years??
I don’t know, maybe I’m just being too critical. Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges. I mean, in my church there is money collect every time we gather to feed the poor, every year we pledge so much money to go to 3rd world countries to feed and give medicine to those people. 5 times a year my church collects food, diapers, shampoo, blankets, etc to be given to the local homeless shelter. Every year, my parish finds 2-3 people in need of house work done and yard work done. (painting, weeding, mowing, fixing plumbing etc.) We go and fix the stuff that needs to fix, paint the house, weed and mow the yard.
Every year, my parish bakes cookies and other treats for the elderly. The children of the parish draw pictures for the elderly and families take them to the elderly and visit with them.
Every year our parish adopts a 6-8 block area and “clean it up” once a month. Meaning we go out and pick up the trash that is laying around.
There is so much that needs to be nationally and locally.
What does your local faith community do for the people in your area? Does you local faith community send money or can foods to the local homeless shelter or food pantry to feed the hungry? Does your local faith community paint, clean up, and fix a home of someone in your community so they will have a better place to live?? Does your faith community regularly clean up trash?