The Left's disturbing reaction to Trump's coronavirus diagnosis

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden, Obama, and every single Democrat in Congress (who has commented so far) have only wished the best for Trump and his wife. Thoughts and prayers around. So any “disturbing” reaction is obviously from a fringe “left”, just as if Biden caught Corona, I’m sure you could print the Right’s disturbing reaction. Articles like these continue to divide. sad.

From part of the epicenter of the FAKE NEWS Industrial complex (The New York Times) . . . .
15 hours ago

New York Times slammed for suggesting Trump might not remain on ballot after coronavirus diagnosis​

‘Yet, the national press don’t want to be called the enemy of the people,’ Curtis Houck wrote​

By Brian Flood | Fox News

The New York Times was slammed on Friday for suggesting that President Trump might not be able to remain on the ballot following his positive coronavirus test. . . .

. . . While many critics have sent the president well wishes, the Gray Lady was quick to float the idea that he should just scrap seeking re-election altogether.

“If he becomes sick, it could raise questions about whether he should remain on the ballot at all,” Times reporters Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman wrote after noting that Trump’s positive test throws “the nation’s leadership into uncertainty.” . . .

MEDIA

Published 4 hours ago

CNN’s Jim Acosta panned for tweeting Trump ‘did not stop for questions’ en route to Walter Reed Medical Center​

Acosta is best known for his adversarial interactions with the Trump administration​

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

. . . Before leaving the White House, Trump, who regularly speaks with reporters before leaving the White House grounds, offered a simple wave and a thumbs-up to reporters as he walked to Marine One.

CNN’S JAKE TAPPER SHAMES TRUMP FOLLOWING CORONAVIRUS DIAGNOSIS: HE’S NOW A ‘SYMBOL OF HIS OWN FAILURES’

Acosta commemorated the moment with a photo he shared of the president, writing “Trump did not stop for questions.” . . .

. . . “And if he did stop you’d complain that he exposed you to COVID and wasted time talking to cameras instead of going to the hospital. We all know your game Jim,” conservative commentator Matt Walsh scolded the CNN reporter. . . .
Bold mine (which is immediately what I thought too when I saw Acosts critical of the President for not stopping and talking).

Last edited:

Pelosi’s Later Response to Trump Getting Sick Is Even Worse, MSNBC Even Asks Her About ‘Line of Succession’​

October 2, 2020 by Nick Arama

There have been a lot of reactions to the upsetting news that President Donald Trump tested positive for the Wuhan Coronavirus.

There were of course the horrible folks on the left who immediately said disgusting things. CNN being nasty and terrible. The inevitable conspiracy theories from the left. There were the folks who had more class, including Joe Biden who wished the president and the First Lady well.

Then there was the completely classless Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) whose first response was poor.
Nancy Pelosi, on Trump’s positive COVID test: “Hopefully this will be a message to the rest of the country…you have to wear your mask.”

— S.E. Cupp (@secupp) October 2, 2020
Really, Nancy? Tell us more?
What a horrible human being.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

TRENDING

BREAKING: Michigan State Supreme Court Rules Gov Whitmer Overstepped Her Authority

T.LaDuke

But then she had an interview later in the day with MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle and her second response was even worse.
Speaker Pelosi says Pres. Trump’s behavior during pandemic “was a brazen invitation for something like this to happen,” adds that his positive test is “very sad” and that she’s "nonetheless hopeful that it will be a transition to a saner approach to what this virus is all about.” pic.twitter.com/mLHDag0kBe

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) October 2, 2020
Isn’t this the woman who encouraged people to go into crowds in Chinatown in February? And she has no idea how the president got it. He’s been getting tested everyday . . .

For months, Republicans have been saying the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax, ridiculing wearing masks, etc. despite the many people who have suffered from it. And now they condemn anyone who suggests Trump’s case of coronavirus is a hoax or not serious!

Everyone should be cautious about minimizing the trauma felt by anyone who catches this disease. It is wrong to do it now when Trump has caught it, but it was wrong whenever anybody suffered from it.

Dovekin . . .
Republicans have been saying the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax
Really?

I haven’t seen that once.

Some of the death reports are clearly a hoax.

Some of the statements about precautionary and slow-down measures are clearly a hoax as they have been presented as stop measures.

Some of the claims from Democrats pretending they were on the ball in the initial phases are a hoax.

Andrew Cuomo saying he was following CDC guidelines in putting infected patients IN nursing homes was a hoax.

But I hae not heard ANY Republicans, especialky national leaders say the pandemic is a hoax.

I want you to back up your statement divekin.

If you think "Republicans have been saying the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax " ceratinly you can oint to three national Republican politicians who say it is a hoax.

Last edited:
Dovekin.

Do you think when DeBlasio talks about NYC being on the ball from the get go do you think that is true?

Or (since you brought up the hoax angle) do you think that is a hoax?

NYC Health Commissioner (Orixis Barbot) Last Month: Go Out, Take The Subway, Bus, Attend Parades!​

Here is some more footage of De Blasio courtesy of political satirist Mark Dice . . . .
. . .

(Footage on Bill de Blasio, Oxiris Barbot, and Nancy Pelosi telling people to gather for a ChinaTown celebration which is a group gathering)

Tucker: How local leaders failed their cities​

Published on Mar 26, 2020

Why has the coronavirus outbreak been so especially devastating in New York City? #FoxNews #Tucker

Last edited:
Then there was the completely classless Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) whose first response was poor.

Nancy Pelosi, on Trump’s positive COVID test: “Hopefully this will be a message to the rest of the country…you have to wear your mask.”
Anyone who tries to make political capital out of this should tread very carefully indeed. And that includes repeating what other have reported, correctly or incorrectly, as a means to score cheap points. All this ‘look what he said, look what she said’ is ignoring the fact that this virus can kill you. And the president is vulnerable on two counts: his age and his weight.

So there’s enough reporting out there to indicate that all those in government on both sides of the political divide have wished the president well. Personally speaking, I think he’s the worst president the US has ever had, or is likely to have. But I will add my thoughts (no prayers I’m afraid) and best wishes for his recovery.

Last edited:
Soon after the news came out, I saw

(A) someone on this site claiming Trump was lying about having covid in order to get the sympathy vote and

(B) someone on another site saying he had probably been concealing the fact in order not to lose votes.

I find that people who hate Trump attack him for almost anything except his actual record which is
  • the first President for decades not to embroil his country in a pointless war
  • the first President ever to start suffocating the abortion industry of taxpayers funds
  • a competent economic policy
  • improving relations with Russia
  • standing up to China
Against that record the opposition’s main objections are a small price to pay. They are:
  • He has an orange face
  • He has a bad hairdo
  • He has a foul mouth

Freddy . . .
Anyone who tries to make political capital out of this should tread very carefully indeed. And that includes repeating what other have reported, correctly or incorrectly, as a means to score cheap points.
What makes you so sure of my intentions here? (“as a means to score cheap points.”)

Freddy . . .
So there’s enough reporting out there to indicate that all those in government on both sides of the political divide have wished the president well.
That’s a partial truth.

Freddy . . .
Personally speaking, I think he’s the worst president the US has ever had . . .
Then WHY use a platform where he is sick . . . to bring up this degree of your dislike of President Trump?

There are plenty of anti-trump threads here.

You could just go and post that on any one of those.

Then in the same thread you attempt to convince me of all that well-wishing with your own post contradicting you at least in part.
both sides of the political divide have wished the president well.
Freddy . . .
But I will add my thoughts (no prayers I’m afraid) and best wishes for his recovery.
Bold mine.

Like I said Freddy. A partial truth.

Oh. By the way . . .

Personally speaking, I think he’s the best president the US has ever had at least in modern-day history.

Last edited:
Personally speaking, I think he’s the best president the US has ever had at least in modern-day history.
Then we’re at opposite ends of the political spectrum. But we can both join in wishing him and his wife a speedy recovery. Without using his illness to make political points.

Freddy . . .
Without using his illness to make political points.
Then WHY did you use this thread on his illness to make a political point?

Here is your political point you made here on this thread again . . . .

Freddy . . .
Personally speaking, I think he’s the worst president the US has ever had . . .
Look. You can make those posting decisions for yourself.

But I have the freedom to make my own decisions here too. I have to have the same freedom you do.

It doesn’t work one-way Freddy.

Last edited:
Freddy . . .
Without using his illness to make political points.
You might note that my post is made on a thread which is discussing his illness but which is not making a political point based on his illness. I think we should all try to avoid doing that. And giving air time to those who do.

If you choose to get all your news from Fox News, RedState, and BitChute, you will inevitably get a very distorted view of what is going on in the world. All the examples posted on this thread are blatant misrepresentations of what people actually said.

I am surprised at how many of my liberal friends are calling this a hoax.

With a growing cluster in the White house, they will soon change their minds. The question is, who dropped the ball there

The reality is that Trump’s disdain for the covid-19 crisis has come back to haunt him. He has consistently played down the virus crisis, poured scorn on wearing masks and social distancing and I watched the debate where he mocked Biden for wearing a mask.
I hope and pray Trump gets better but I really hope this teaches him a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back