Town Hall Questioner To Obama: "I'm Exhausted Of Defending You"

  • Thread starter Thread starter SwizzleStick
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SwizzleStick

Guest
"Town Hall Questioner To Obama: “I’m Exhausted Of Defending You”

“I’m one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I’m exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for,” a woman told President Obama at a town hall."

Link: realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of_defending_you.html

Obama Responds To “Exhausted” Woman

President Obama: “Times are tough for everybody right now, so I understand your frustration.”

Link: realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/obama_responds_to_exhausted_woman.html
 
"Town Hall Questioner To Obama: “I’m Exhausted Of Defending You”

“I’m one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I’m exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for,” a woman told President Obama at a town hall."

Link: realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of_defending_you.html

Obama Responds To “Exhausted” Woman

President Obama: “Times are tough for everybody right now, so I understand your frustration.”

Link: realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/obama_responds_to_exhausted_woman.html
Obama: “who let that person in here? I thought I told you to screen the crowd.”
 
I thought the President’s answer was thoughtful and respectful. I really admire that woman for her courageous question. It wasn’t an easy one to answer. Clearly people are frustrated that change is slow to come.
As for screening participants, remember George Bush’s staged town hall meetings which required loyalty oaths?
thinkprogress.org/2009/02/09/obama-townhall-break-from-bush/
 
I thought the President’s answer was thoughtful and respectful. I really admire that woman for her courageous question. It wasn’t an easy one to answer. Clearly people are frustrated that change is slow to come.
As for screening participants, remember George Bush’s staged town hall meetings which required loyalty oaths?
thinkprogress.org/2009/02/09/obama-townhall-break-from-bush/
Only took 3 posts for a “Bush was worse post” No quite a record but close…
 
LOL, but the door was wide open for that comparison. If it is alleged that Obama screens his town hall meetings then it is only fair to bring up the fact that, no he doesn’t and to point out what true screening actually is.
To be honest, I’m not a huge Obama fan, but I don’t like knee-jerk criticisms or false innuendo, even jokingly. There is so much polarization already, I just think it adds fuel to the fire.
I think Bush did plenty of things right, but many things wrong, too. I’m still looking for politicians I like. I’m not holding my breath I’ll find any.
 
My advice to Obama would be: QUIT BEING NICE
My advice to Obama i to take lots of vacation & play lots of golf until he is retired in 2012. The less time he spends in the Oval Office the better it is for the rest of the country
 
Obama: “who let that person in here? I thought I told you to screen the crowd.”
That was my first thought.

Then I figured, Obama has had some questionable people in his town halls before. This could be one of them.

Listening to her though, she’s a CFO with two children in private school…in Washintong DC.

I guess that may be considered middle class for DC. I don’t think it would be in some parts of the country though.
 
An article to go with the video links:

"Obama, facing tough questions, says times still hard

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Monday said times were still tough for many Americans, as he defended his policies during aggressive questioning after the worst U.S. recession since the 1930s was declared over.

As audience members at a townhall-style meeting voiced exasperation and disappointment at his administration, and one woman said she was “exhausted” from defending him, Obama stressed he understood that people were frustrated."…

Entire article: news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100920/ts_nm/us_obama
 
More reading from the NYT:

"Disappointed Supporters Question Obama

WASHINGTON — It was billed as “Investing In America,” a live televised conversation between President Obama and American workers, students, business people and retirees on the state of the economy, a kind of Wall Street to Main Street reality check.

But it sounded like a therapy session for disillusioned Obama supporters. "…

Entire article: nytimes.com/2010/09/21/us/politics/21obama.html?_r=1
 
Well, I guess I know now why I’m not exhausted. I never defended him, and am presently in no danger of starting.

But I can sure understand the exhaustion of those who tried.
 
More reading from the NYT:

"Disappointed Supporters Question Obama

WASHINGTON — It was billed as “Investing In America,” a live televised conversation between President Obama and American workers, students, business people and retirees on the state of the economy, a kind of Wall Street to Main Street reality check.

But it sounded like a therapy session for disillusioned Obama supporters. "…

Entire article: nytimes.com/2010/09/21/us/politics/21obama.html?_r=1
Well…it must be five days or so; the little kittens finally have their eyes open.
 
Well, I guess I know now why I’m not exhausted. I never defended him, and am presently in no danger of starting.

But I can sure understand the exhaustion of those who tried.
i am glad this woman had the courage to speak up and say what she said. it sounded like obama laughed after she finished her statement.

i don’t defend obama either, because i didn’t vote for him in the first place, but i am exhausted of looking at him and listening to him on tv and i am exhausted of not seeing anything done that is helping the average american.

how anyone can continue to defend him is beyond me!
 
Obama: “who let that person in here? I thought I told you to screen the crowd.”
I was watching Bill O’Reilly a little earlier today, and this guy he was talking to saw the clip and immediately dismissed it saying the woman must have been a plant. :rolleyes:
 
Well, I guess I know now why I’m not exhausted. I never defended him, and am presently in no danger of starting.

But I can sure understand the exhaustion of those who tried.
And some have had the good sense to stop trying to defend this administration;)
 
LOL, but the door was wide open for that comparison. If it is alleged that Obama screens his town hall meetings then it is only fair to bring up the fact that, no he doesn’t and to point out what true screening actually is.
To be honest, I’m not a huge Obama fan, but I don’t like knee-jerk criticisms or false innuendo, even jokingly. There is so much polarization already, I just think it adds fuel to the fire.
I think Bush did plenty of things right, but many things wrong, too. I’m still looking for politicians I like. I’m not holding my breath I’ll find any.
Good grief, lighten up. If one can’t laugh at this administration, one would be crying all the time. And to suggest that crowds at political meetings, of any stripe, are not screened shows lack of how the political system works.
 
I was watching Bill O’Reilly a little earlier today, and this guy he was talking to saw the clip and immediately dismissed it saying the woman must have been a plant. :rolleyes:
And why was that? Because she was an educated black CFO?

Yep, a smart, black lady with a job gets and and has something with substance- that couldn’t possibly be a reality (I’m saying that with total sarcasm- totally not what I really believe Mod’s).
 
And why was that? Because she was an educated black CFO?

Yep, a smart, black lady with a job gets and and has something with substance- that couldn’t possibly be a reality (I’m saying that with total sarcasm- totally not what I really believe Mod’s).
Come on now Charlotte. You know intelligent black lady would never criticize Obama!:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top