I
ishii
Guest
Maybe they were pressured in the first place, into saying things that incriminated the accused. That’s why I said its “possible” that we’re talking about an innocent man. I have no idea how I would be feeling if my loved ones were the victims of a similar crime. I would probably be out for vengeance too. But does that make it right?That’s funny, because the victims of the families who watched McVeigh die said it DID give them peace to know McVeigh was dead. I’m sure other people who were victims of crime who saw someone who murder their familes felt relief when the person who did it died.In fairness (see? I’m totally fair to everyone) that there are some who didn’t find peace while watching. I say err on the side of caution and gas the murderer anyway. (relax everyone-it’s a toungue in cheek statement!)
Next, so they changed their minds. I guess they were lying back then. Whose to say they won’t be pressured to say something else from the anti-death penalty people? Do those kind souls who oppose the death penalty ever influence people? And heck, if they are lying back then (under oath- a vow made to GOD) they probably won’t tell the truth now.
Plus, not sure why you bring up Timothy McVeigh - didn’t he admit his guilt?
Ishii