Trump fires director of Homeland Security agency who had rejected President's election conspiracy theories

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of ISIS before 2014, 2013, around there, period. It’s true.

Last edited:
@Victoria to bring this up to date, the president is pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan even as we speak. How do you support that if you’re so concerned about ISIS? Don’t forget he also turned his back on the Kurds in a most disgraceful fashion.

Last edited:
Again, they rose to power during 2014, period it’s true.

You won’t find articles mentioning ISIS previously.

Were some of them around back previously? Yes. Was it connected to al Qaeda, yes but they certainly were not known or doing anything previously.

Last edited:
But I did.

Wooah, October 2019. Sure debunked my argument.

Last edited:
@Victoria to bring this up to date, the president is pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan even as we speak. How do you support that if you’re so concerned about ISIS? Don’t forget he also turned his back on the Kurds in a most disgraceful fashion.
What? Are we suppose to be there until every last ISIS fighter is defeated? Does Iraq not have an army as well?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-islamicstate-idUSKBN1E30B9

Guess what? Iraq declared ISIS defeated. As good of a source as any. And this is not a total troop withdrawal as well.

And withdrawal from Syria, not a war we started in the first place, never saw that much of a withdrawal.

“What Syria withdrawal? There was never a Syria withdrawal,”​

Representative Jim Banks (R., Ind.) called for punishment on Friday after Syria envoy James Jeffrey said that his team fooled President Trump into leaving troops in Syria by misrepresenting the actual U.S. footprint.

Trump announced in October 2019 that troops would withdraw from parts of northeastern Syria, the country’s Kurdish region, in advance of a Turkish invasion of the area. However, the president was pilloried by Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill, who contended that the move would leave Kurds at the mercy of the invading Turkish army.

“We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” Jeffrey told Defense One. The actual number of American soldiers in the region is “a lot more than” the roughly 200 Trump eventually agreed to.

“What Syria withdrawal? There was never a Syria withdrawal,” Jeffrey went on. “When the situation in northeast Syria had been fairly stable after we defeated ISIS, [Trump] was inclined to pull out. In each case, we then decided to come up with five better arguments for why we needed to stay. And we succeeded both times. That’s the story.”

I was just wondering if it concerned you, since you bring up Isis quite often. Probably not germane to a thread devoted to the firing of a Cybersecurity expert, though.

Last edited:
hearsay and innuendo coming from a sore loser who broadcast his intentions to besmirch the election since before the summer? Yes, I do. I think any reasonable person would.
I don’t think Trump is being a sore loser. I think he wants to expose the fraud in politics. That was his whole purpose in running for president.

And there has been evidence of fraud - lost memory cards, bags of votes showing up - probably not enough to change the outcome, but it has to be exposed.

His whole purpose was to humiliate Obama, who made a joke at his expense at a national press club dinner that Trump attended.

I see him as the archetypal sore loser. His ego is so fragile that he would rather hold a nation of 360 million people emotionally hostage than accept defeat, and the Republican leadership are more than willing to comply in order to mollify that monstrous ego, that Everest of vanity. It’s not worth it, in my opinion; he’s not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
His whole purpose was to humiliate Obama, who made a joke at his expense at a national press club dinner that Trump attended.

I see him as the archetypal sore loser. His ego is so fragile that he would rather hold a nation of 360 million emotionally hostage rather than accept defeat.
There’s a whole lot of speculation in that post. He stated that he wanted to drain the swamp. I can’t read his mind, and can only go by what he says and does.

I wonder whether he’ll still be alive in 2024. He’s not the healthiest of people. He believes that your life is like a battery, and when you run out of energy, you die. That’s why he doesn’t exercise - it needlessly uses up your battery. So, for an obese person like that, the seventies are hard.

I’m not wishing him dead. I’m just saying that a lot can happen in four years when you’re nursing a grudge.

Last edited:
Once the votes are certified by the states, it will be difficult for the Republican leadership to deny that Biden is the president elect and stall the transition. . . .

Last edited:
Once the votes are certified by the states, it will be difficult for the Republican leadership to deny that Biden is the president elect and stall the transition without looking like straight-up authoritarians.
The only part of the Republican “leadership” that doubts the results of the election is Trump. The others are mostly too afraid of upsetting Trump to say so out loud, but they know.

I was responding to your post:

Things have been worse in the past.

In my day, we studied Western Civilization. I think it’s considered white privilege history now.

It’s obvious many either forgot their history or never learned it. They live in the here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back