Trump fires director of Homeland Security agency who had rejected President's election conspiracy theories

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
48.png
Victoria33:
Krebs apparently did have connections to Dominion and Smartmatic whether that matters or not, I don’t know:
You linked story simply says he invited two Dominion people to a party.

Please provided evidence of “connections”.
Oh, you know it’s just “fishy”- I don’t know- I’m just throwing it out there as something to think about. . . Makes you wonder- ya’ know?

Hmmmm. . . . .

Much more likely. Setting up a narrative for round two in 2024.
[/quote]

Ugh. . . Don’t say that.

I think Trump is just going to set up his network or whatever and try and be the next big rightist media figure.

The difference between what Trump is doing and what the Democrats have done is Trump has used legal means, while the Democrats lied at every turn and tried to pervert the constitutional processes like the 25th amendment and impeachment to orchestrate a coup
LOL. Jon, impeachment is a legal process. It’s in the Constitution. The Democrats followed the law.

What IS an attempted coup is trying to overturn legal, certifiable election results through strong arming state legislators into entering into a conspiracy to replace legally appointed presidential electors with a slate of electors for the loser.

What is a coup is attempting to get courts to throw out legally-cast ballots.

Last edited:
How I would love to be a fly on the wall for that meeting today between Trump and the Michigan Republican lawmakers - preferably a fly with a recording device.

Last edited:
It would be in his best interest, given the criminal penalties of accepting a bribe under Michigan state law (which of course a president cannot pardon).

LOL. Jon, impeachment is a legal process. It’s in the Constitution. The Democrats followed the law.
It is a political process.
What IS an attempted coup is trying to overturn legal, certifiable election results through strong arming state legislators into entering into a conspiracy to replace legally appointed presidential electors with a slate of electors for the loser.
He has no power to overturn anything. It’s in the courts, and if in the extremely unlikely event that the Michigan legislature chose to act, Trump has no power to coerce it.
No. That’s not a coup, because it is relying on the court to make that decision. A coup does not rely on the courts.

No. That’s not a coup, because it is relying on the court to make that decision. A coup does not rely on the courts.
Hmm. But impeachment is a coup?

Sorry, I’m new at this. It’s all so confusing.

(groan)

Another Trek reference???

I am so happy that you find such opportunities for humor in our rather pathetic politics. In an infinity of alternate timelines, there is one somewhere that Donald Trump is British, or Irish.

At least this type of fantasy is more engaging than the fantasy starring Rudy G. and the Trumperteers.

When it is based on lies and collusion with a faux whistleblower. When it is part of an ongoing attempt to undermine an election.
Yes.
I guess you’ll never believe he was legally and fairly impeached, huh?

Okay, whatever.

Better hurry before Scotland declares its independence and rejoins the EU.

Throwing out legal ballots is wrong. Asking that all legal votes be counted, and all not-legal ballots not be counted is right.

As long as action is taken through the courts, it is not a coup. One thing this is election has taught us is that the courts can act as a stopgap against a coup.

The problem is that once one has lost, and then lost over and over again in an election and in failing to have ballots suppressed, that more nefarious means will be taken.

What’s interesting is how similar the bearded Spock is to the regular Spock (because Vulcans have suppressed their emotions, in both universes). So the upshot is, without emotions, true morality is not possible.

Last edited:
Well, actually, I never liked Eskimos. That nose smootching an all…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back