Trump's stunning abdication of leadership comes as pandemic worsens

• Thread starter Thread starter zsiga
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the human zygote has no brain because it has not yet developed, this is the natural process of development not an interruption as losing your brain power in later life is.
So before it happens it is just a potential human. No matter how you twist it, without a brain there is no human. Maybe there will be or was, but not IS.

Of course in none of your posts did you touch on problem of scarce resources. If you keep a PVS person alive, you waste valuable resources on someone, who will not benefit from them, instead of utilizing those resources on others, who would truly benefit from it. And elongating the “vegetative existence” also deprives the person from entering into heaven. So, it is a genuine lose-lose solution.

So before it happens it is just a potential human.
No, from any point of view except a legal–abortion supporting one, what happens at conception is the start of a new human. The sperm and eggs are potential humans, but not the fertilized egg. This is science and reality.

Unless you come up with a new argument on this, I will be bowing out of this part of the discussion, as I try to remember to do when I start repeating myself.
If you keep a PVS person alive, you waste valuable resources on someone, who will not benefit from them, instead of utilizing those resources on others, who would truly benefit from it.
All that is required is that the person in such a state be cared for with basic care: food, water, minimal medical care such as antibiotics for a minor infection (and even the last is not required under circumstances where that would be difficult to manage). If this uses up valuable resources, that society is probably in a lot more trouble than can be dealt with here.
And elongating the “vegetative existence” also deprives the person from entering into heaven.
Not at all. Our goal is to attain Heaven, not help ourselves or others to get there through death.

It is not “elongating” the patient’s life, it is merely awaiting a natural death.

48.png
0Scarlett_nidiyilii:
There is no dilemma at all.
In other words, you see yourself as a quivering piece of jelly, who cares nothing about this life , who is just a fallen leaf blown where-ever the “wind” brings you.
I choose to live until my natural death.
But being kept artificially alive is NOT natural
Does it bother you that another person has made the decision that life is sacred from conception ti natural death?
I believe that life has a purpose intrinsically, whether I’m capable of producing anything or not.

Also, if you could give us a working definition of being kept artificially alive it would be helpful please and thank you.

Unless you come up with a new argument on this, I will be bowing out of this part of the discussion, as I try to remember to do when I start repeating myself.
I am getting tired of this, too. The problem is the confusion between the different uses of the word “human”. Is it a “noun” or an “adjective”? As adjectives, we can speak of human chromosomes, human genes, human DNA, human cell, human cells (in plural)), human tissue, human organ, human collection of cells (blastocyst), embryo, fetus and finally - at birth, a new human infant, or being. That is the point when the symbiotic/parasitic dependence on the mother’s bodily resources cease.

Since you keep on confusing / conflating all that, and call all of them human beings, it is useless to continue. We keep on talking past each other.

By the way, there is no such thing as a precise “human” DNA. There can be discrepancies, which might lead to mutations.

All that is required is that the person in such a state be cared for with basic care: food, water, minimal medical care such as antibiotics for a minor infection (and even the last is not required under circumstances where that would be difficult to manage). If this uses up valuable resources, that society is probably in a lot more trouble than can be dealt with here.
Today, we have a shortage of hospital beds. And, yes, we are in ****load of trouble.
Does it bother you that another person has made the decision that life is sacred from conception ti natural death?
Why should it bother me? Everyone is entitled to have an opinion.
Also, if you could give us a working definition of being kept artificially alive it would be helpful please and thank you.
Terri Schiavo was an example.

Okay.
Just because I bioethics can be complicated and I don’t want to derail the thread too much,

You might want to check the National Catholic Bioethics Center website to find articles on end of life issues which will explain the “decision tree” the Church follows when deciding when to withdraw treatments.

You might want to check the National Catholic Bioethics Center website to find articles on end of life issues which will explain the “decision tree” the Church follows when deciding when to withdraw treatments.
Do you have a link to check out?

Terri Schiavo was an example.
Terri Schiavo was not being kept artificially alive.

How about if we define what being kept artificially alive means? It means that the process of death is halted by the application of technology, usually ventilators or heart machines, dialysis and the like.

Terri Schiavo was not in the process of dying until she was deprived of nutrition and hydration.

By the way, there is no such thing as a precise “human” DNA. There can be discrepancies, which might lead to mutations.
And this justifies abortion how? Discrepancies arise, but if the parents are both human, that is a growing, living human in the womb.

And think of all the beneficial mutations we might have missed out on due to the millions killed by abortion over the past 50 years.

I don’t know what percentage of them are covid-19 deaths, but yes, the recent surge in Covid-19 deaths has overwhelmed the morgues.

Earlier in the week they brought a fourth trailer in. Now they’re up to 10 at the time the article was posted.

Unfortunately I figure we will see the same in other Metro areas.

Last edited:
I want to make one comment on this. I applaud this move however, he did not require anyone to quarantine when they entered back into the US. At the time, I felt it was foolish not to do so and just made it look like returning Americans from China couldn’t possibly have carried the virus…only the Chinese.
You are less than accurate. They did ask people returning from China to self quarantine and thousands did and the Trump Administration open bases to assist with the quarantines. and Homelans Security issued directives … if Trump had “mandated” this as a forced lock down - which would not have really been legal he would have been pilloried in the MSM and Left as a Dictator. We have seen that a lot during COVID . he is either trying to tell the states what to do or not doing enough

Even Cuomo has no idea what he was thinking - but he wont own it either

And Fauci … The man who stated

…We should never shake hands again - ever…
…Young people should go on cruises, go to theater/plays, out to restaurants…
…Stay home, do go anywhere…
…If two people meet on a dating site and want to take it to a face to face meeting - well they should carefully think about it and if they desire to further become intimate - its a matter of personal risk…

The man said out of one side of his face - no work, no school, no eating out, no movies, no family gatherings. Stay Home … said out of the other side of his mouth it was a matter of risk for two strangers [at least one of which would have to travel outside their home for a meet up] who wanted to engage in sexual intimacy - could do so after assessing their personal feelings on risk …

Trump is a business man who engaged experts who took actions and informed him of progress and new information … Fauci is one of those scientists … and he could not say when asked - Casual stranger meet ups for sex are dangerous on many levels outside of this pandemic - During this pandemic when we have closed businesses, schools and ask people not to leave your homes - you should follow that advice and stay home …

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back