Tucker: Can the left lead a country they hate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn’t protect him from charges of racism, I SAID I wouldn’t make the claim that he was although I suspected him of it.

And his being a racist or not was immaterial to the argument which was causing animosity between Catholics on a Catholic forum.

Moreover, I emphatically stated he was wrong.

So now who’s lying about whom??
 
Last edited:
No, I didn’t protect him from charges of racism, I SAID I wouldn’t make the claim that he was although I suspected him of it.

And his being a racist or not was immaterial to the argument which was causing animosity between Catholics on a Catholic forum.

Moreover, I condemned him for what he was IMPLYING.

So now who’s lying about whom??
You did more than that, though. You defended against every example/quote cited to prove his racism; almost each one, arguing they did not. I’m merely asking where those standards go when the person charged with bigotry this time is Ilhan Omar. At least with Molyneux there were direct references to races; with Ilhan’s Omar, she literally never spoke about Jews but a state, lobbysts, and a move against free speech in legislation.

I’m not lying about what you said either 🙂: you argued very valiantly about the threshold to be met before people can be called racist. That is indeed “protecting from the charge of racism”. I have made no comment about whether you personally believed him to be racist; only that you protected him against the charge by fighting every citation made claiming that he was. That’s a high standard that here, somehow no longer applies (where Ilhan Omar is concered).
 
Last edited:
No, I didn’t. I never defended what Stefan Molyneux said.
You did more than that, though. You defended against every example/quote cited to prove his racism; almost each one, arguing they did not
I defended Noah Carl’s right to study race and intelligence. Nothing more.
 
Last edited:
I never defended what he said.
I haven’t said you defended what he said. Merely that you argued against it meeting the charge of racism. I have not said you agreed. My point here is there was a very strict standard applied regarding a label of bigotry that has been thrown out the window where Ilhan Omar is concerned.
 
Last edited:
I can say that it is your standards that are the problem, not mine, that is, I am more amenable to saying that he did WRONG than you are about saying Ilhan is.
 
Last edited:
I can say that it is your standards that are the problem, not mine, that is, I am more amenable to saying that he did WRONG than you are about saying Ilhan is.
What he did wrong was shown, though. You are still to find me a single thing Omar did that was wrong per your own standards of anti-semitism.
 
Notice that I NEVER CALLED Ilhan Omar an anti-semite. I simply said that she has made anti-semitic remarks.

I condemned Stefan Molyneux and suspected him of racism but never outrightly CALLED him a racist.

I think that’s pretty much the same.
 
Last edited:
Notice that I NEVER CALLED Ilhan Omar an anti-semite. I simply said that she has made anti-semitic remarks.
But you can’t prove the anti-semitic remarks. Do you think it’s ok for me to claim you have a history of making racist comments and not show it, just as long as I make sure not to say you’re racist? If I tell people “Josie has a history of making racist remarks” do you think they’ll view you as a neutral, non-racist person? What picture would I be painting of you in their eyes?
 
Last edited:
Rubee, I think I posted enough to disprove that criticism of her vis a vis Israel is warranted and shouldn’t be viewed as a torrent of lies.

She has made remarks regarding Israel that both left and right have condemned.
 
Last edited:
Rubee, I think I posted enough to disprove that criticism of her vis a vis Israel is warranted and shouldn’t be viewed as a torrent of lies.
You have not. You have pointed to other people who share your conviction that she made anti-semitic comments. If these comments exist, you should post them. Just pointing at a band wagon isn’t enough.
 
There is nothing “rash” about observing bricks through windows time and time again, burning down buildings, tearing down public edifices, commandeering police precincts, etc.

After awhile enough is revealed so that to NOT make judgements is the sin of incredulity.
CCC 2089a Incredulity is the neglect of revealed truth or the willful refusal to assent to it. "
Condemning all rash judgements
do not mean EVERY judgment is “rash”.
 
Last edited:
It is important we face up to this. Extremism can occur on all political sides. Every political and religious movement can become a focus for bitter people and radical malcontents. But in our age, the bullying totalitarians come from an ever-more assertive political Left.

Take last week’s letter to Harper’s magazine, signed by 153 artists, writers, and scholars. The letter called for an end to ‘cancel culture’ which sees online mobs trying to intimidate and ‘de-platform’ people simply because of their views.

As it happens, the letter was Left-leaning, including the compulsory attack on President Trump. The signatories, likewise, were almost all from the Left, suggesting little interest in ‘reaching across the aisle’. But the sentiments were hard to disagree with – or so you might have thought.

 
Last edited:
Most people who are in politics are there because they genuinely want what is best for their country.
👍 Absolutely correct. If we don’t love our land then why would you want to be in charge? What people forget is that the left & right is part of the one same body.
 
Last edited:
The German Communists themselves took extreme measures to pursue their cause, which in turn produced the kind of political environment that created other groups to counter their influence and retaliate like the National Socialists or Nazis for short.
Hitler was not a leftist and took extreme measures against all German communists and their sympathizers. And Hitler was an extreme German patriot who most definitely did not hate Germany
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top