Remember, you said this was OK!
Dr. House would be fired in our hospital and in many hospitals. With all the fierce competition among the health care systems nowadays and the struggle to remain profitable, a hospital can’t allow a rude person, even a doctor, to insult patients and employees and possibly lose paying customers and patrons.
I’ve seen it happen in our hospital. Doctors who are rude to others are disciplined (days off without pay, losing privileges in the hospital, etc.), and if they don’t knock it off, they are canned. Doesn’t matter if the doctor is the best sawbones in the place. He or she is toast.
I realize that the situation might be different in a university research hospital, since they get unlimited government money (provided by taxpayers like me). However, my hospital is a teaching hospital affiliated with one of the best medical schools in the U.S., and rude doctors aren’t tolerated here. (Rude employees of any rank aren’t tolerated.)
I work in a hospital lab, and almost all of our 60 or so techs can’t stand this show because it is so inaccurate about clinical laboratory science and medicine in general. I’ve only watched the show twice, and both times, within five minutes of seeing the patient and hearing the symptoms and labs, I’ve been able to correctly diagnose the problem. And I’m not a doctor.
Rude and stupid. I truly don’t see why anyone likes this guy. When I watched the show, I assumed that it would go off the air after a few episodes. I just don’t get it.
He’s not even good-looking!
I know, I know. It’s just a show. It’s just entertainment. It’s relaxing. It’s all for fun. It’s a fantasy. It’s not real.