TV: House

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katie1723
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something about the 3 young physicians not being in the new shows.
On one preview it said he has to pick a whole new staff, but they might be sensationalizing it a bit. Though in one scene they showed Dr. Wilson says something about House asking a janitor for advice. 🙂
 
He’s okay. I mean, he’s no grotesque. I like his voice, which is much softer and a bit higher when he speaks in his “native tongue”, but I don’t think he’s anyone I’d notice if he was just a regular guy I saw at the Mall.

Katie
For me, I find a guy like House to be more of a “headturner” than someone who looks like they should be on GQ.
As far as House and his mannerisms, he’s the kinda guy some of us wish we could be…brash, outspoken and even a little boyish.

Kathy
 
I find it somewhat disturbing that people, especially Catholics, admire an a–hole and secretly wish they could be more like him.

Boy, that’ll sure advance the Kingdom of Christ!

Whatever happened to admiring people like wise and kindly Dr. Welby?

I’ve worked in hospitals for almost 30 years. I know that some docs are egotists, but most are loving, decent people who truly want the best for their patients and respect their staff of non-M.D. medical professionals.
 
I find it somewhat disturbing that people, especially Catholics, admire an a–hole and secretly wish they could be more like him.

Boy, that’ll sure advance the Kingdom of Christ!

Whatever happened to admiring people like wise and kindly Dr. Welby?

I’ve worked in hospitals for almost 30 years. I know that some docs are egotists, but most are loving, decent people who truly want the best for their patients and respect their staff of non-M.D. medical professionals.
It’s one thing to disagree on the merits of a TV show. It’s another thing to lecture people about their faith because they don’t agree with you…

You are welcome to give us your opinion as to why don’t like it But please refrain from lecturing the rest of us on how a Catholic should view this show. All it does is take what is so far been a good-natured discussion and make it hostile and derogatory.
 
For me, I find a guy like House to be more of a “headturner” than someone who looks like they should be on GQ.
As far as House and his mannerisms, he’s the kinda guy some of us wish we could be…brash, outspoken and even a little boyish.

Kathy
Have you seen him in Wooster & Jeeves?
 
It’s one thing to disagree on the merits of a TV show. It’s another thing to lecture people about their faith because they don’t agree with you…

You are welcome to give us your opinion as to why don’t like it But please refrain from lecturing the rest of us on how a Catholic should view this show. All it does is take what is so far been a good-natured discussion and make it hostile and derogatory.
:extrahappy: :clapping: :dancing:

Scout
 
It’s one thing to disagree on the merits of a TV show. It’s another thing to lecture people about their faith because they don’t agree with you…

You are welcome to give us your opinion as to why don’t like it But please refrain from lecturing the rest of us on how a Catholic should view this show. All it does is take what is so far been a good-natured discussion and make it hostile and derogatory.
Amen.
 
For me, I find a guy like House to be more of a “headturner” than someone who looks like they should be on GQ.
As far as House and his mannerisms, he’s the kinda guy some of us wish we could be…brash, outspoken and even a little boyish.

Kathy
I think House has some deep dark secrets that make him act the way he does. I think (hope) as the series progresses they will slowly be revealed so by season 10 :rolleyes: he’ll be a totally different character.

I think right now he needs the people around him much more than they need him. Medical expertise notwithstanding. Therein lies the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ!👍

Remember, he is capable of love and feeling - remember his wife? Played by Sela Ward…
 
I think House has some deep dark secrets that make him act the way he does. I think (hope) as the series progresses they will slowly be revealed so by season 10 :rolleyes: he’ll be a totally different character.

I think right now he needs the people around him much more than they need him. Medical expertise notwithstanding. Therein lies the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ!👍

Remember, he is capable of love and feeling - remember his wife? Played by Sela Ward…
That wasn’t his wife. They were just living together.

And I don’t see his character changing any time soon. That’s what makes him who he is and makes the show successful and unique.

Scout
 
I had worked around doctors for nearly a decade, and House is an anti-role model. One of the doctors I knew very well was a brilliant man, an inventor. House is an obnoxious, poor excuse for an individual, much less a doctor.

He should be in some sort of treatment program, not airing on another version of the Dysfunctional Show, the current template for all television programs.

Positive role models are lacking at all levels of our culture, I encourage my fellow Catholics not to watch this abuser of the human beings around him.

God bless,
Ed
 
I had worked around doctors for nearly a decade, and House is an anti-role model. One of the doctors I knew very well was a brilliant man, an inventor. House is an obnoxious, poor excuse for an individual, much less a doctor.

He should be in some sort of treatment program, not airing on another version of the Dysfunctional Show, the current template for all television programs.

Positive role models are lacking at all levels of our culture, I encourage my fellow Catholics not to watch this abuser of the human beings around him.

God bless,
Ed
And I encourage my fellow Catholics to watch the show. Its very enjoyable. Perhaps one of the reasons I like it is in my years in practice I’ve run into a multitude of doctors who have the same attitude as House ,although not nearly as brilliant.
 
Has anyone else noticed how many who dislikeHouse and moved from criticizing the show to criticizing those who watch it?
 
Has anyone else noticed how many who dislikeHouse and moved from criticizing the show to criticizing those who watch it?
Maybe this is a good time to point out the show about pro-life - how it really changed House’s thinking by the end of the show - he showed a new respect for life.

🙂
 
Have you seen him in Wooster & Jeeves?
He was wonderful as Bertie Wooster! I didn’t start watching House until last season and it took me awhile before I realized they were the same actor.

Kathy, you’re not alone; I don’t know why, but I think Hugh Laurie is really attractive as House. I’m sure I couldn’t stand the character if I knew him IRL, but as a character there’s just something about him.
 
It’s one thing to disagree on the merits of a TV show. It’s another thing to lecture people about their faith because they don’t agree with you…

You are welcome to give us your opinion as to why don’t like it But please refrain from lecturing the rest of us on how a Catholic should view this show. All it does is take what is so far been a good-natured discussion and make it hostile and derogatory.
👍
 
Are we allowed to say negative things about House on this thread? Or is it strictly an applause thread?

Let me know. I’ll gladly abide by the rules, unlike Dr. House.
Hey, I ASKED first, and YOU said it was OK to say negative things about the show.

I guess it wasn’t OK, was it? I guess as far as House is concerned, no one is allowed to criticize him or the show, right? Or else we will be accused of lecturing and “having a plank in our eye.”

You are the ones who keep saying that this is only entertainment. Yet I have been insulted over this “entertainment” because I expressed a negative opinion about it.

But I ASKED FIRST, and you said it was OK. Next time, tell it straight, OK? Like your hero, House. Many thanks.

Point out to me in this post where I lectured people about their faith because they don’t agree with me:

*I find it somewhat disturbing that people, especially Catholics, admire an a–hole and secretly wish they could be more like him.

Boy, that’ll sure advance the Kingdom of Christ!

Whatever happened to admiring people like wise and kindly Dr. Welby?

I’ve worked in hospitals for almost 30 years. I know that some docs are egotists, but most are loving, decent people who truly want the best for their patients and respect their staff of non-M.D. medical professionals.*

I stated that I find it disturbing. I honestly, truly don’t understand why Christians admire people with such negative character traits as House. The only explanation I have gotten so far is that you secretly want to be like him. OMG.

I asked whatever happened to admiring worthy role models?

And I defended the good doctors that I know.

Don’t bother to answer my questions. This thread is just for FUN! Let’s not become “hostile and derrogatory.” I’m sorry I derailed your fun thread. Next time, I won’t ask. I’ll just stay away.
 
Hey, I ASKED first, and YOU said it was OK to say negative things about the show.

I guess it wasn’t OK, was it? I guess as far as House is concerned, no one is allowed to criticize him or the show, right? Or else we will be accused of lecturing and “having a plank in our eye.”

You are the ones who keep saying that this is only entertainment. Yet I have been insulted over this “entertainment” because I expressed a negative opinion about it.

But I ASKED FIRST, and you said it was OK. Next time, tell it straight, OK? Like your hero, House. Many thanks.

Point out to me in this post where I lectured people about their faith because they don’t agree with me:

I find it somewhat disturbing that people, especially Catholics, admire an a–hole and secretly wish they could be more like him.

Boy, that’ll sure advance the Kingdom of Christ!


*Whatever happened to admiring people like wise and kindly Dr. Welby? *

I’ve worked in hospitals for almost 30 years. I know that some docs are egotists, but most are loving, decent people who truly want the best for their patients and respect their staff of non-M.D. medical professionals.

I stated that I find it disturbing. I honestly, truly don’t understand why Christians admire people with such negative character traits as House. The only explanation I have gotten so far is that you secretly want to be like him. OMG.

I asked whatever happened to admiring worthy role models?

And I defended the good doctors that I know.

Don’t bother to answer my questions. This thread is just for FUN! Let’s not become “hostile and derrogatory.” I’m sorry I derailed your fun thread. Next time, I won’t ask. I’ll just stay away.
OMG-get over yourself! You stated an alternate opinion, most people on the thread disagree with you, and you consider that hostile? :confused:

And speaking of Christian “virtue”, I don’t think calling someone an “a-hole” is to be considered Christian at all. Maybe that’s where some people got the idea about the “plank” in one’s eye? I’m sure I thought of that when I first read your post.

I think the point some people are trying to make in disagreeing with you is that -yes, it’s okay to disagree and not like the show, but please don’t say that it’s anti-Christian or wrong for a Catholic to watch this show. Perhaps I’m wrong, but I think that’s the point that others on the thread are trying to make.

However, if you still feel it’s hostile towards you, start your own thread against the show, where you may be free to point out everything wrong with the show and all its characters.

Scout :tiphat:
 
Hey, I ASKED first, and YOU said it was OK to say negative things about the show.

I guess it wasn’t OK, was it? I guess as far as House is concerned, no one is allowed to criticize him or the show, right? Or else we will be accused of lecturing and “having a plank in our eye.”

You are the ones who keep saying that this is only entertainment. Yet I have been insulted over this “entertainment” because I expressed a negative opinion about it.

But I ASKED FIRST, and you said it was OK. Next time, tell it straight, OK? Like your hero, House. Many thanks.

Point out to me in this post where I lectured people about their faith because they don’t agree with me:

*I find it somewhat disturbing that people, especially Catholics, admire an a–hole and secretly wish they could be more like him.

Boy, that’ll sure advance the Kingdom of Christ!

Whatever happened to admiring people like wise and kindly Dr. Welby?

I’ve worked in hospitals for almost 30 years. I know that some docs are egotists, but most are loving, decent people who truly want the best for their patients and respect their staff of non-M.D. medical professionals.*

I stated that I find it disturbing. I honestly, truly don’t understand why Christians admire people with such negative character traits as House. The only explanation I have gotten so far is that you secretly want to be like him. OMG.

I asked whatever happened to admiring worthy role models?

And I defended the good doctors that I know.

Don’t bother to answer my questions. This thread is just for FUN! Let’s not become “hostile and derrogatory.” I’m sorry I derailed your fun thread. Next time, I won’t ask. I’ll just stay away.
Oh c’mon…
Sure it’s OK to voice your opinion, but it’s not OK to start criticizing faith because someone’s opinion **of a TV show **differs from yours. That is what you did. Or at least it sounded like it. I, for one, didn’t think it was a very nice post. (The one where you said you “find it disturbing that people especially Catholics, admire an a-hole…” and then added a (sounded like) sarcastic remark about “advancement of the Kingdom of Christ”).

So, yeah, say what you want, but don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

now, back on topic

7 days and counting!!👍
 
I said the show is “thought provoking”. I never said I “admired” House.

Do you think there is no redemption for House?

I can see Jesus sitting at the cafeteria table with House and his colleagues. After all, he did eat with sinners.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top