Two Little Girls Stabbed- Chicago

  • Thread starter Thread starter Exporter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Fitz:
He was just let out of prison, and I think it is a case of mental illness. What else could it be?
Evil…
 
Although I fear what that could have been. There are several other arrests for domestic violence.
 
40.png
aimee:
I saw where the ‘father’ was being questioned as a suspect but hadn’t confessed…so I am waiting for more info…still…life in prison…would be the way to go…
I just don’t know, I’m against the death penalty, but when I here about things like this aimee, it just makes me so mad…You feel like something should be done- some pain should be inflicted on these sort of people!
 
40.png
FightingFat:
I just don’t know, I’m against the death penalty, but when I here about things like this aimee, it just makes me so mad…You feel like something should be done- some pain should be inflicted on these sort of people!
Hi Mark…I know what you mean…terrible…I think I could inflict the pain myself 😦
 
40.png
wabrams:
Give him life in prison. If the father really did it, the grief will hit him eventually while in prison. What do you think is worse: quick execution or having to think about it everyday until you grow old and die?
I agree. I am pro-life-i beleive that life is the provance of God from the moemt of conception to the moment of natural death. Lock em, throw away the key but leave vengeance to the Lord.
 
Daddy was angry because Mommy let their little girl go out to play, even though she was supposed to be under punishment. Mommy wanted the little girl to have some fun because it was Mother’s Day. Daddy got so angry, he decided that no one should have a Happy Mother’s Day.

Daddy is pure evil.

Death Penalty? Fine with me. He killed TWO innocent children, people. He is a threat to anyone he is around. Let him make his peace with God, and let our justice system arrange the meeting. :cool:
 
There have been several arrests for domestic violence, too? Then what the heck was mom doing, letting him be around anyway? If a man is abusing you and goes to jail, that is your ticket to freedom. When a man goes after your neighbor with a CHAINSAW because he and you are arguing and the neighbor intervenes, what the heck do you expect from him in the future? Unless a known abuser gets help, things will only escalate. Of course, I don’t think that any woman who is being abused expects the man to kill the child unless he is abusing the child, too. This should be a wake up call for women who are being abused.
 
Momofone:
There have been several arrests for domestic violence, too? Then what the heck was mom doing, letting him be around anyway? If a man is abusing you and goes to jail, that is your ticket to freedom. When a man goes after your neighbor with a CHAINSAW because he and you are arguing and the neighbor intervenes, what the heck do you expect from him in the future? Unless a known abuser gets help, things will only escalate. Of course, I don’t think that any woman who is being abused expects the man to kill the child unless he is abusing the child, too. This should be a wake up call for women who are being abused.
Well the reality is that abusers are rarely ‘helped’ by counseling or treatment. What women need to do is LEAVE. Can you believe they had to hit him overhead with a shovel to stop him? This man was just completely out of control.

Lisa N
 
Momofone:
Of course, I don’t think that any woman who is being abused expects the man to kill the child unless he is abusing the child, too. This should be a wake up call for women who are being abused.
Well, he hasn’t been convicted yet… but you are absolutely right. He may not have done it, but this is the sort of thing that can happen.

If this man did it, he should never be allowed out of prison. But not the death penalty. God may grant him enough life to repent. There is no soul so sick that God does not thirst to heal it, nor so evil that Jesus did not die to save it. That is the boundless mercy that is our hope.

If he did not do it, he still should not be allowed near children. It is a tragedy waiting to happen. Those who dare to abuse the strong will not refrain from abusing the weak.
 
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
…
If this man did it, he should never be allowed out of prison. But not the death penalty. God may grant him enough life to repent. There is no soul so sick that God does not thirst to heal it, nor so evil that Jesus did not die to save it. That is the boundless mercy that is our hope.

…
John 17:1-11a
“I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me,because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours
and everything of yours is mine,and I have been glorified in them.”
John 14:15-21
“Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”
Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins so that we may have salvation and eternal life through Him. He did not die for evil.

We have to recognize the reality that evil does exist in the world. Jesus was born, suffered and died to vanquish it.
 
Panis Angelicas:
Daddy was angry because Mommy let their little girl go out to play, even though she was supposed to be under punishment. Mommy wanted the little girl to have some fun because it was Mother’s Day. Daddy got so angry, he decided that no one should have a Happy Mother’s Day.

Daddy is pure evil.

Death Penalty? Fine with me. He killed TWO innocent children, people. He is a threat to anyone he is around. Let him make his peace with God, and let our justice system arrange the meeting. :cool:
I’m only sorry he can’t get the death penalty twice.
 
Lisa N:
Well the reality is that abusers are rarely ‘helped’ by counseling or treatment. What women need to do is LEAVE. Can you believe they had to hit him overhead with a shovel to stop him? This man was just completely out of control.

Lisa N
Actually, some do change. I have been through some domestic violence classes(as the victim) and they did tell us that sometimes they do change. But, they have to want help and they have to be committed to change.

Yes, the women do have to leave, but it’s not always that easy. Plus, alot of women get “back together” with the man. I’ve seen it happen more than once.

The news just reported that he was angry with his daughter for stealing money. That’s why she was grounded. So, he’s angry with her over money and angry at mom for letting the child go out to play. So the answer was to punch her and stab her numerous times??!! The rest of the details I will leave out, but it was incredibly brutal and excessive compared to what the supposed “crimes” of the mother and daughter were. He is completely out of control, no doubt about it.
 
40.png
Writer:
I think that this evil is sickness. I am probably wrong, but who would choose to live like this man? I know it makes me sick…
 
40.png
Exporter:
If you could have your way, what would you do if you caught the killer of these two little gils and the two fathers of the kids were present? Assume you had the killer out there in the woods where he killed the kids. What would you want to do?
I would turn him over to the Police and pray for him.
 
condan said:
[/indent][/indent]
Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins so that we may have salvation and eternal life through Him. He did not die for evil.

We have to recognize the reality that evil does exist in the world. Jesus was born, suffered and died to vanquish it.

Perhaps you did not read what I wrote… “There is no soul… so evil that Jesus did not die to save it.”

You are not saying that there are sinners too evil for Jesus to want to save them? Whatever happened to “Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy?” If Scripture says that some are not chosen, surely that doesn’t mean that we should presume that we know how to judge hearts, who he will choose and who he will reject? God alone can judge.

It is not the magnitude of our sin, but the magnitude of our unrepentance and pride that stand between us and God’s mercy and salvation. None of us stands shielded before God’s justice by our own good works or lack of evil. Our good comes from the acceptance of His boundless grace. Yes, evil exists in the world… but we have given our own consent to it, too, have we not? May we pass judgement out of one side of our mouths, and beg for mercy from the other?

As for that wretched man… there but for the grace of God go I. Give him every chance for the Lord to save him and let the Lord choose the day on which the true judgement finally comes due.
 
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
Perhaps you did not read what I wrote… “There is no soul… so evil that Jesus did not die to save it.”
I’m sorry but I am not convinced that someone who stabs his own child 20 times, including once in each eye, actually has a soul. I will leave that for God to sort out.
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
You are not saying that there are sinners too evil for Jesus to want to save them? Whatever happened to “Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy?”
This is a prayer, not a quote. Jesus was very spsecific as respects children:
John 9:42-43

​

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe (in me) to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than with two hands to go into Gehenna, 10 into the unquenchable fire.”

Luke 17:1-2

“He said to his disciples, "Things that cause sin will inevitably occur, but woe to the person through whom they occur. It would be better for him if a millstone were put around his neck and he be thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.”
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
If Scripture says that some are not chosen, surely that doesn’t mean that we should presume that we know how to judge hearts, who he will choose and who he will reject? God alone can judge.
I have no intention of judging hearts. Its the actions (see above) that I’m gravely troubled by.
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
It is not the magnitude of our sin, but the magnitude of our unrepentance and pride that stand between us and God’s mercy and salvation. None of us stands shielded before God’s justice by our own good works or lack of evil. Our good comes from the acceptance of His boundless grace.
I know that there are a lot of people who accept that all we need to do is believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths. However, scripture tells us over and over that acceptance is only half of what we are to do. We must obey His commands. One of them is “Thou shalt not murder”.
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
Yes, evil exists in the world… but we have given our own consent to it, too, have we not? May we pass judgement out of one side of our mouths, and beg for mercy from the other?

As for that wretched man… there but for the grace of God go I. Give him every chance for the Lord to save him and let the Lord choose the day on which the true judgement finally comes due.
I’m sorry. I don’t relate to child killers. My empathy ends right before that line.
 
Lisa N:
Well the reality is that abusers are rarely ‘helped’ by counseling or treatment.
Could you provide some sources on this? I’d appreciate it! Post here, email, or private message. Thanks.
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
You are not saying that there are sinners too evil for Jesus to want to save them? Whatever happened to “Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy?”
I cannot judge whether or not this person will be saved by the grace of God. That’s for God to decide. I just believe that justice in this life calls for this man’s execution. If we hasten his appointment with God, does that mean God doesn’t have enough time to bestow His mercy upon this man’s soul?
I won’t limit God’s mercy, but I would limit this violent murderer’s life on earth, most definitely.
Can you not fathom the amount of evil this man is willing to perpetrate against his innocent and defenseless fellow man? Jesus did not seem to condemn capital punishment against such as these - reread the “millstone around the neck” quote.
 
Panis Angelicas:
I cannot judge whether or not this person will be saved by the grace of God. That’s for God to decide. I just believe that justice in this life calls for this man’s execution. If we hasten his appointment with God, does that mean God doesn’t have enough time to bestow His mercy upon this man’s soul?
I won’t limit God’s mercy, but I would limit this violent murderer’s life on earth, most definitely.
Can you not fathom the amount of evil this man is willing to perpetrate against his innocent and defenseless fellow man? Jesus did not seem to condemn capital punishment against such as these - reread the “millstone around the neck” quote.
I can understand your sentiment. I have not known real evil in my life. But I still belive that, except in protection of life, the decision between life and death belongs to God alone.

Our late Holy Father, John Paul II, lived through both the Holocaust and the crushing rule of communism in Poland. He knew what real evil was, and saw it inflicted upon the innocent on an unimaginable scale, by the action and cooperation of people who were in full control of their mental faculties. He still held that the death penalty was appropriate only when it was truly needed to protect society from re-offense. By his witness, I hold on to my stand. I feel certain that knowing more about evil would not require me to change it.
 
40.png
BLB_Oregon:
I can understand your sentiment. I have not known real evil in my life. But I still belive that, except in protection of life, the decision between life and death belongs to God alone.

Our late Holy Father, John Paul II, lived through both the Holocaust and the crushing rule of communism in Poland. He knew what real evil was, and saw it inflicted upon the innocent on an unimaginable scale, by the action and cooperation of people who were in full control of their mental faculties. He still held that the death penalty was appropriate only when it was truly needed to protect society from re-offense. By his witness, I hold on to my stand. I feel certain that knowing more about evil would not require me to change it.
This is a man who, prior to stabbing his own daughter and her friend, chased people with a running chain-saw. He obviously lacks the ability to moderate his anger and, as a result, is a danger to others, specifically prison guards and other criminal justice system personnel. I find it incredibly difficult to justify putting him in a penitentiary where he can commit more evil.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top