UK Has Record High Abortions

  • Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the third document in that link - its all the underlying abortion data that feeds into the overall 2019 summary.

Truly, a this point, i’m even confused over what the original confusion was about!! Hopefully Gam can clear it up soon though
Thanks so much for the info. It was helpful.(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Last edited:
The first document 9a… gave only same info that it was 275 past 24 weeks in footnote.

This is 9b. which is helpful because it gives gestation ages for 3,200 abortions.
 
Last edited:
You are very rude in this message. You wrote incredulously that 210,000 women fulfilled those criteria. I pointed out that that was not so.
No I did not. I responded to Allie who asked for info on when abortions were performed/allowed and what did I know. The article I posted contained both information on abortions prior to 24 weeks and after 24 weeks.
 
Last edited:
In which case you need to improve the clarity of your posts. Either way, your manners could do with a brush up.
My mannerrs for simply defending myself. You accused me of posting something to Allie that I did not post.

I got into a totally different conversation on the thread with Ruby on the number of abortions past 24 weeks and kept refering to their number as 3,183 or 3,200 abortions over and over.
 
Last edited:
Please explain how the concern for population growth is different from Pope Paul’s Progressio Populorum where he writes:

“ 37. There is no denying that the accelerated rate of population growth brings many added difficulties to the problems of development where the size of the population grows more rapidly than the quantity of available resources to such a degree that things seem to have reached an impasse. In such circumstances people are inclined to apply drastic remedies to reduce the birth rate.

There is no doubt that public authorities can intervene in this matter, within the bounds of their competence. They can instruct citizens on this subject and adopt appropriate measures, so long as these are in conformity with the dictates of the moral law and the rightful freedom of married couples is preserved completely intact. When the inalienable right of marriage and of procreation is taken away, so is human dignity.

Finally, it is for parents to take a thorough look at the matter and decide upon the number of their children. This is an obligation they take upon themselves, before their children already born, and before the community to which they belong—following the dictates of their own consciences informed by God’s law authentically interpreted, and bolstered by their trust in Him. (39)”
 
Please explain how the concern for population growth is different from Pope Paul’s Progressio Populorum where he writes:

“ 37. There is no denying that the accelerated rate of population growth brings many added difficulties to the problems of development where the size of the population grows more rapidly than the quantity of available resources to such a degree that things seem to have reached an impasse. In such circumstances people are inclined to apply drastic remedies to reduce the birth rate.

There is no doubt that public authorities can intervene in this matter, within the bounds of their competence. They can instruct citizens on this subject and adopt appropriate measures, so long as these are in conformity with the dictates of the moral law and the rightful freedom of married couples is preserved completely intact. When the inalienable right of marriage and of procreation is taken away, so is human dignity.

Finally, it is for parents to take a thorough look at the matter and decide upon the number of their children. This is an obligation they take upon themselves, before their children already born, and before the community to which they belong—following the dictates of their own consciences informed by God’s law authentically interpreted, and bolstered by their trust in Him. (39)”
Pope Paul is not suggesting population control.
 
He clearly is concerned about it. That’s the point.
 
Last edited:
He clearly is concerned about it. That’s the point.
That is a stretch He is not advocating population control. He is concerned about the environment as it Pope Francis and they are promoting being good stewarts.
 
Last edited:
No but it doesn’t help when respected members of the monarchy take on a cause and it is population control and the environment. They do get press coverage.

I will say I have never heard the queen bring up population control. It is mainly William and Harry.
I’m not sure why you keep using the term “population control”. I thought that term was generally used when talking about animal populations or conspiracy theories. I think most environmentalists agree that trying to limit the rate of human reproduction would have benefits for the environment. I’m not a scientist, but I don’t think it’s controversial to say that human overpopulation has a negative impact on the environment.

As for the royal family, they really don’t influence people very much, if at all. Their main role, apart from their constitutional role, is to raise the profile of organisations or causes with which they are identified. William and Harry are now very much associated with trying to raise the profile of mental health. I don’t know that they have really made much difference, but they certainly have been trying to keep the issue visible and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness, not least by opening up about their own difficulties. Harry is very much associated with veterans, especially disabled veterans and, indeed, veterans with mental health problems, and he has done a lot of genuinely good work in that field.
 
I’m not sure why you keep using the term “population control”. I thought that term was generally used when talking about animal populations or conspiracy theories. I think most environmentalists agree that trying to limit the rate of human reproduction would have benefits for the environment. I’m not a scientist, but I don’t think it’s controversial to say that human overpopulation has a negative impact on the environment.
I use population control because it has been around for a great number of years. The Population Bomb was written in 1968. There is no conspiracy. It is environmentalists who feel that the planet is buring/heating due to over population.

Names and faces changee but the movement is the same. Greta Thunberg is the newest face.
 
Last edited:
No but it doesn’t help when respected members of the monarchy take on a cause and it is population control and the environment. They do get press coverage.

I will say I have never heard the queen bring up population control. It is mainly William and Harry.
The only member of the monarchy is the Queen. The Royal Family are separate.
It is not helping that William and Harry both have taken this as a cause.
William and Harry have an effect on the culture.
You attribute much more influence to them than they really have. In the real UK, the monarch and her family are there just to swat away dictatorial politicians when the need arises. They don’t have cults of personality unlike leaders in republics.
 
Last edited:
40.png
gam197:
No but it doesn’t help when respected members of the monarchy take on a cause and it is population control and the environment. They do get press coverage.
I will say I have never heard the queen bring up population control. It is mainly William and Harry.
The only member of the monarchy is the Queen. The Royal Family are separate.
The Royal Family does make the tabloids a great deal.
You attribute much more influence to them than they really have. In the real UK, the monarch and her family are there just to swat away dictatorial politicians when the need arises. They don’t have cults of personality unlike leaders in republics.
Swating away dictorial politicians, sounds like thei monarch has some political power. William is in line for the throne so I would imagine his political power is stronger and his influence is stronger but both have taken up the cause for population control.

The grandfather has had strong views and spoken about valuntary family limit
Human population growth is probably the single most serious long-term threat to survival. We’re in for a major disaster if it isn’t curbed… We have no option. If it isn’t controlled voluntarily, it will be controlled involuntarily by an increase in disease, starvation and war.” ― Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [1]

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” ― Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [1]
 
Last edited:
Swating away dictorial politicians, sounds like thei monarch has some political power. William is in line for the throne so I would imagine his political power is stronger and his influence is stronger but both have taken up the cause for population control.
They use it when needed. That need never arose in the UK.
Again, you keep placing more influence onto them than they really have on the public. No one, literally, no one wakes up and asks,“what does [royal name] think of [topic]?” No one. People are fully capable of thinking on their own. If anything, the British public gets more of their ideas from America than from even their own politicians.
 
Last edited:
They use it when needed. That need never arose in the UK.
Again, you keep placing more influence onto them than they really have on the public. No one, literally, no one wakes up and asks,“what does [royal name] think of [topic]?” No one. People are fully capable of thinking on their own. If anything, the British public gets more of their ideas from America than from even their own politicians.
The British get more from America, I hope not. I understand the monarchy and royal family have little political power but they do have the power of the press. People like the Queen, and she hasn;'t alienated anyone.for the most part. and she has been speaking fir 70 years, I just wish William and Harry would speak less about issues of population.
 
they do have the power of the press. People like the Queen, and she hasn;'t alienated anyone.for the most part. and she has been speaking fir 70 years, I just wish William and Harry would speak less about issues of population.
The two don’t speak about population size a lot. In fact, I wasn’t even aware of this until this thread was made.
 
The two don’t speak about population size a lot. In fact, I wasn’t even aware of this until this thread was made.
William has spoken on it regularly, Harry just seems to have entered into the conversation as of late. I have not heard any commetns in the news in about 6 months so maybe we will see.
 
Last edited:
Really? The only things I’ve heard from him is mental health. I think you have a different understanding of “regularly” than I do.
William has been out spoken for awhile.


PRINCE Philip shares the views of Prince William and Prince Charles in his belief that global overpopulation is a problem – and he claimed it is to blame for rapidly rising food prices, a throwback interview with Sir Trevor McDonald reveals.​

 
Last edited:
William has been out spoken for awhile.
So once now means “regularly”?
Look, I don’t like what they’ve said but I’m not going to attribute massive influence they don’t have to them.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top