"UK Minister Warns Brits Could Be Denied Normal Life Without COVID Vaccination"

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s bad form to answer a question with a question, but I can understand her question query.

That said, The EU has really destroyed the livelihoods of many fishermen and many other labor industries in member countries in the EU. Asking what is the EU seems relevant to me to be asking how they have been granted so much control to destroy lives.

This tactic of reply can possibly indicate either complete idiocy (though she would not likely have remembered or cared about her vote), or an intellect that challenges the status quo.

You also do not know if she might suffer from any learning disabilities or anything else. It’s bad form to be derisive or lack compassion without understanding.

You judged her and anyone else that voted or wanted to leave the EU based off of her chosen 4 words.

There are no vaccines for respiratory TB. 1.5 million people die of tuberculosis a year to this day.

Last edited:
Sorry you might not like it but vaccines are a private medical decision-meaning it’s not your business whether or not a stranger is vaccinated. You take a risk with a lot of things being in public. Potentially getting flu or Covid is one of them-and if you travel-they will be much more unvaccinated than us Westerners. More respiratory TB in those countries too. Good luck!

Some people who passed viruses to others unintentionally were Catholic Saints who worked in foreign lands. Prove me wrong! I’m sorry you are so scared of our God-given immune systems, but your fear is not my responsibility. You need to bring that to God.

You judged her and anyone else that voted or wanted to leave the EU based off of her chosen 4 words.
In a referendum about leaving or staying in the EU anyone who doesn’t even know what the EU is should not be allowed to vote because they have no clue. People like that have ruined things for the UK.
Leaving the EU is the biggest mistake the UK has made for a long time and it will end up with the breakup of the UK itself.

Sorry to hear of your health issues,good luck with the vaccine.I’m gonna take a pass

Are you getting in line to be vaccinated? I will not get one.
Yes, I’ve had it, I don’t want it again.

I’ll be towards the end of the priority line which is, apparently, going to be set at 50 in the UK (I’m just over-50, very active, lower end of normal bmi, so I’m not that important) but I’m definitely going to take advantage - I buy a 'flu vaccination every year, I’ll be adding a Covid as well from now on.

48.png
Motherwit:
You’ll have a medical exemption. You won’t be forced to have a vax that will harm you.
The covid vaccines have had less than a year of testing.
How do we know the vaccines are not dangerous?
We’ll know eventually in the not to distant future. My husband and I have said we’ll definitely be guinea pigs now that we have no dependents. Giving science a chance with some faith for the sake of saving lives, is warranted in this extraordinary time.

Because some people are intimating that unknowingly passing a potentially deadly virus is immoral. It’s not. The fact is Saints were human with ordinary immune systems like the rest of us. For all we know, Catholic missionary Saints were passing viruses to foreigners. Not their fault of course. It’s just a natural part of being a human being. Nothing moral/immoral about it if you don’t know you are sick.

Last edited:
St.Teresa of Calcutta did not live in another era. Should she have cloistered? Those Indians were already so vulnerable to viruses being malnorished. And diseases were known to be contagious since the Middle Ages. They were quarantining people even back then.

I disagree. St.Teresa encountered potentially deadly communicable diseases to a poor malnourished population likely daily. And the poor caste of Indians would be the last to receive a vaccine so they would gain herd immunity. She would continue on with her work.

Rolling the Medical Science Roulette Dice.
I love a good mixed metaphor, though I do not know which way you are referring to as a gamble. This is more of a case of deciding which risk we are to take.

Last edited:
The known Long Term Risks are ZERO.
One of my offspring works in a Hospital Lab.
The coworkers are of like mind.
Us parents have been advised not to take the vaccine.

The known Long Term Risks are ZERO.
I hope everyone understands this. One reason I want to get the vaccine, other than the fact I may be required to, is I am willing to take the risk for the sake of data. But balance the long term risk of the vaccine against the long term risk of COVID. That too is unknown.

I think I will miss the UK posters here most of all. I just love what you have done to the English language (kidding 😀)

Last edited:
I have great manners,really don’t need to be calling me out
My husband had a severe stroke three weeks ago yesterday. It was discovered after several days in the hospital that he had covid,which quite likely caused his stroke. He cannot go into the acute rehab phase of his recovery until he tests negative.
I on the other hand most certainly was exposed,so either I never had. covid or have been asymptomatic. We both wear masked and dilegintly
wash our hands and outside of Mass on Sundays and a few grocery stores,we are at home.So cleat.y either masks don’t help or, it’s inevitable we will all get covid to one extent or the other.My husband and I are good examples of the arbitrary nature of this virus. So,are we all to hide under our bed covers until which time the government deems its safe to go out?Considering they do what they want ,not as they want us to do,I have a hard time e being a sheep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back